Unbelievable Assertion!!!!!!!

by The Searcher 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

Let me guess- and all the " bobblehead doll " JW's were shaking their heads in agreement with this statement ? Figured. I already guessed your answer. This cult gets weirder everyday. As someone mentioned, hopefully more will exit

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

We can only get holy spirit through the GB huh? Well I guess they are the ones who died for our sins then? Those 8 men blood was poured out on our behalf? Well hell, We should just start praying to them, since they are god.

All I can say is WOW, why did that Scripture "when you catch sight of the disgusting thing...standing in a holy place" come to mind?

G

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The end result of this line of thinking is to equate the Watchtower corporation with God, like these men have done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZcf9_EHc4g

Their channeling claims are not supported by the Bible, but it does put them in company with other channelers like Ashtar Command and Zetatalk, along with very similar results in their credibility.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Is that something new? One of the baptismal questions state you are becoming a member of God's spirit-led organisation. It is there you can get the spirit, and since the GB = the servant, it must be thru them. 1 + 2 = 3. But I did not hear that said at our Day.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You probably smoked a massive Spliff at lunchtime and dozed off, you Old Hippie !

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

This is from the 57W 5/1 pg 274:

Because they do not also have the teaching or law of the mother, which is light. Jehovah God has provided his holy written Word for all mankind and it contains all the information that is needed for men in taking a course leading to life. But God has not arranged for that Word to speak independently or to shine forth life-giving truths by itself. His Word says: “Light is sown for the righteous.” (Ps. 97:11) It is through his organization that God provides this light that the proverb says is the teaching or law of the mother. If we are to walk in the light of truth we must recognize not only Jehovah God as our Father but his organization as our mother.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

See, I would think even someone dense like me would have woken up from comments like that if they were still being written that way when I was young in the '80s/'90s. That's just too creepy. It's still kind of hard for me to believe that the religion I thought was right for so long has such blatantly cult-like aspects to it.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Hi guys,

I had a look back through my notes from our recent S.A.D to see if the same comment was made at ours.

In the last talk called "Follow Your Spirit Directed Conscience" the speaker (from Bethel) noted Matthew 24:45-47 and then said:

"Without the help of the FDS class we would never understand what the holy spirit is telling us."

This sounds pretty similar to what The Searcher posted. I think this was an outline and each speaker said it in their own way, but the message is the same isn't it?

Poor Jesus, he's out of a job now. At least he has a back up career as a carpenter....

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I still think that's a pretty blatant statement. However, I doubt that the R&F would even notice. They're like that frog in a pan of hot water.

• Ding
    Ding

Ironic how important the GB deems itself, given that there was no real GB for most of WT history and that a functioning GB was pretty much forced on Fred Franz. This according to Ray in CoC...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit