Unbelievable Assertion!!!!!!!

by The Searcher 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

You have 30 mins to edit. Click on the little pen and quote symbol next to your post's date on the right.

• erbie
    erbie

Firstly, what he said is blasphemy.

Also, by bible standards it is a declaration of apostasy.

Him speaking just that one sentence should be enough to make any honest hearted persons seriously question the motive behind it.

Thanks for sharing it with us

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Speaking as someone who doesn't have as many years of history as a Witness, I can kind of feel the trends you mention, rubadubdub, but thanks for spelling those out more clearly, it's nice to have confirmation.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I see 2 things with the statement by the DO.

1. I don't believe we will ever see in print the statement that ONLY thru the GB can we get holy spirit, that they are between us and God, Jesus or the holy spirit. It is what the GB believes, and wants us to believe, but that is an idea they prefer to put out in non-print; it seems less radical that way, and can't be pointed to as official doctrine.

2. This has always been their position, but it is shocking to hear when you have not attended for a time.

I remember stopping in my tracks at the last convention I went to.

During a discussion of the day text, the speaker said "obeying the elders is the same as obeying Jehovah".

No one in the audience gasped, or did a double take. I saw it as blatant and conflating God with men, but when a person hears it all the time, it doesn't even register.

• BU2B
    BU2B

FWFRANZ, Great observation. Being indoctrinated since birth, sometimes my mind starts going crazy. Their quotes are written in such a way that they screw with your resolve. I guess that is what it's like to be in a bad relationship with someone who knows how to manipulate your feelings. When I read the quotes that Blondie posted ( Thanks Blondie!! ) I start to doubt. I have found that I have to read at JWFACTS and Watchtowerquotes, and others, just to keep thinking correctly! The pressure to conform and to not reason is strong.

Your observation about the GB's view not being based in scripture is really all that matters.

Exactly Data Dog! I feel the exact same way! When I go to the kh or assembly my mind is so busy thinking of scriptures to refute what they say or reasons why they are using false reasoning etc..

I hope they say more and more extreme things, they cant even really twist the scriptures to cover what this DO is saying. Moving so far from the scriptures. More and more people with brains switched to the on position will be waking up with statements like that. Every prayer I hear at the hall now is thank you for the slave this, the GB that, Jesus with a rare token mention, In Jesus name Amen, thats the most Jesus is mentioned at most meetings. Or he is mentioned just to say "Jesus said he would appoint a slave"

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Blondie

Holy Spirit, like Grace, doesn't have to "go - through" any organization of man or group of men. Holy Spirit "rests" on as the scripture says will "reside with" and be "in" any individual who believes in the only mediator, Jesus Christ and who asks in belief. Holy Spiirt is a free gift, not controlled by assocaition or meeting attendence, but controlled by Jehovah and his Son Jesus Christ, holy spirit goes anywhere God pleases and does not have to check in with any mad made authority. The only sanctioned "arrangement" is that of individual faith and belief and acceptance of Jesus as the Messiah and the son of God. Read the Book of John please. But read it as if it actually applied to you, because it does.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

The talk from the 2012 District convention about our 'Spiritual Mother' was posted on Youtube. You will find the link below.

When I mentioned this to my cousin who is an elder he said that I must have misheard it. He then went to his personal audio recording and admitted that 'Yes, it was said, but like the Ethiopian Eunich, we do need someone to teach us." I told him that I have been in the 'truth' for 49 yrs, at what point do we stop sucking on the milk and study the word of God for ourselves?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PgH_VV9o3s

• integ
    integ

The "truth" is that the "slave" can say almost ANYTHING and the flock will follow it. ANYTHING. Well....if they said to "come drink the kool-aid" literally, then there'd be a mass exodus, but short of that.....NOTHING they say will deter the overwhelming majority.

This week the CO said that when u don't get up for service there's an angel standing by your bed who goes back to Jesus and says "I wanted to go out in service but he wouldn't get up". This was part of his talk where he said the angels want to serve God and go out in service but the only way they can is by following us around while we do it. They NEED the publishers to take them out in service.

How's that for more guilt and pressure?

• whathappened
    whathappened

Save a barf bag for me, I am gonna throw up.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thanks Blondie , I stand corrected.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit