Unbelievable Assertion!!!!!!!

by The Searcher 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

We had our Special Assembly Day this weekend.

What the District Overseer stated in his talk totally stunned me, and made me feel sick to my stomach. He said, "Christ is directing us through the Governing Body, and we cannot get Holy Spirit except through them!"

I do not wish to reveal all my thoughts on his statement, but I pray to God that it acts as a wake-up call to at least some of the audience.

Suffice to say that the GB is now the mediator to our Mediator, and from now on, I will have to pray for Holy Spirit through the name of the GB!!

• cofty
    cofty

It gets closer to the Kool Aid every year.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Good Lord, a DO said that? That's one step closer to drinking the Kool Aid... literally. Let's hope he's just gotten a bit overly zealous and this isn't indicative of anything larger.

Edit: Ha, cofty, great minds think alike ;)

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Well I like it the more "insane" they sound the more sane will leave

Kool Aid - drink up

• Satanus
    Satanus

That is the koolaid. In their opinion, they are the channel for truth, understanding and gods holy spirit. They are the source of all of it for the world. They just don't say it that clearly for all to hear. Since that has been their underlying message, their truth all along, i wouldn't expect any but a few borderliners to wake up because of it, anyway.

S

• designs
    designs

blatant even for them but as FS said good that it is all coming out.

• prologos
    prologos

They are mediating for a god that exists only in the mind, mind you.

they are the bridge to no where, free fall at the other end, the deep end.

stop progressing with this progressive organisation

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well thank God, that we humans were able to invent the governing body, so that God could reach us with holy spirit

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Searcher, I appreciate you posts. I would like to know more. Do you take very detailed notes? Was this a paraphrase perhaps? I only ask because it is so serious. I took extremely good notes at our DC and CA, and it was insane. During the DC we had the " Spiritual Mother " talk. One direct quote was that " God's word does not shine forth truth by itself " this was verified by the 2nd DC I attended, as well as audio recordings. So can you share your notes? Is there a recording? Is that what was actually said?! I am shocked...

I am also extremely disturbed. I need more info. I may make a decision from which there is no turning back very soon. Any information would be helpful.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@DATADOG

A recording has been made and I will be having a copy. Once I get it I'll post what was said, verbatim.

As I said previously, I felt sick inside, thinking to myself, "To what level is the Org prepared to sink - they've elevated themselves and relegated Christ."

I didn't think I could be shocked any more, but this is the worst yet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit