Unbelievable Assertion!!!!!!!

by The Searcher 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I wouldn't mind betting they wont put in in print though...

'we never said that''

and that recording...''thats an apostate fake''

still up to the old trick of using the speakers at assembly's to deliver the koolaid

oz

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

That is so wrong! These people are delusional. How was I ever sucked in?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Tammy (Tec) -

Yes you are correct that before this time, the Watchtower did teach you had to come to their organization to receive salvation and *effectively* receive the benefits of holy spirit.

The main difference is that now by claiming holy spirit can only be obtained through them, they are further concentrating their follower's loyalty on them. Earlier, they said that "the truth came" through them, but you could get holy spirit by reading the scriptures (which technically could happen to anyone in or out of their organization).

Now they are doubling down by providing, without any real proof, more reason for their followers to adhere to their #1 doctrine which is loyalty to the organization.

• sabastious
    sabastious

If I were to make an educated guess I say this picture accurately depicts how the GB consult their "holy spirit."

-Sab

• wolfman85
    wolfman85
    "Christ is directing us through the Governing Body, and we cannot get Holy Spirit except through them!"

Would be great to have evidence of that preposterous statement!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The longer this goes on the more they fulfill matthew 23 " Woe to you Scribes and Pharisees"

They actually do fulfill scripture

• Quendi
    Quendi

Maybe this is the ranting of a “loose cannon” of a district overseer who is putting his own personal spin on WTS doctrine. But even if that is true, I don’t doubt that it reflects the thinking at the highest echelons of the Society. The Governing Body has wanted this type of control all along over their followers.

God has been dethroned and the Governing Body has been deified. What is most disheartening about this is the refusal of rank-and-file Witnesses to resist and protest this usurpation. While I still have friends and family trapped in the cult, I am feeling less and less pity for them. They have abandoned their power of reason and denounced the free will God has bestowed upon them to willfully drink the kool-aid that WTS leaders are pouring out. I don’t want anything bad to happen to them, but I wonder how I will ever be able to help those who have no wish to help themselves.

Quendi

• tec
    tec

Thank you, Gopher.

Peace,

tammy

• Eustace
    Eustace

I don’t want anything bad to happen to them, but I wonder how I will ever be able to help those who have no wish to help themselves.

We can help them by doing everything in our power to cut off the supply of new recruits. There's something called social proof:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_proof

The less new people join, the less social proof there is behind the words of the DOs and other big shots on the stage.

• suavojr
    suavojr

I will be paying close attention in my SA this coming June.

Searcher,

What is the name of the talk?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit