this website

by little_lamb_on_a_hill 87 Replies latest jw friends

• little_lamb_on_a_hill
    little_lamb_on_a_hill

I just stumbled onto this website whilst messing about on the internet and I've taken exception to quite a lot of what I've seen here.

Incase you think I'm some irate Jehovah's Witness idiot who's been offended by the terrible blasphemy that he's read on here, I'm not. I was raised a JW, but now I'm not one.

First of all, given the url, I thought this website was in some way affiliated with the Jehovah's Witness organization, whereas in reality it seems from the posts I've read that most people here are either former Jehovah's Witnesses or soon-to-be former Jehovah's Witnesses. Is this ambiguity deliberate? I think you should make it clearer you're not affiliated, unless it's some deliberate ploy to snare Jehovah's Witnesses, which brings me onto my next point.

Why are you all so bothered, well, maybe not all of you, about getting JWs to leave? Why should it matter to you in the slightest? It's worse than them going around preaching, seriously, you were Jehovah's Witnesses once, now you're not, you've learnt from your mistake, now get on with your life. I'm not sure whether most of you are now non-religious or have some joined some other group/formed your own little religions.

Finally, given that, from what I can gather, most of you are now former JWs, why do you make such a big deal about people within the Jehovah's Witness organization being fallible, some trifling bit of alleged corruption within the organization itself or them have a poor policy for dealing with thus and so forth? First of all, everybody's fallible, JW or not, so the fact that when you were a Jehovah's Witness a few people were nasty to you doesn't really mean a lot, it certainly doesn't mean that Jehovah's Witnesses are all hypocrites, just the people who were nasty to you. Secondly, given that the actions of the "faithful and discreet slaveā€ are not really being directed by God, it means nothing if they deal with a few things badly, other than that they are human and make mistakes.

What I really want to know is why? Why are you so obsessed by them? Why couldn't you just either leave the religion or stay? Why must you now spend your lives "exposing the hypocrisy of the WBTS"?

• JBean
    JBean

I'm not here to expose anything... I personally am here for encouragement and understanding. This from people who have been through similar experiences as I have/am going through... and many times these experiences are horrific and heartbreaking. That's why I'M here. I'm sure you can also understand that many still have family that are "in" and would like to assist them in seeing the crookedness of the organization, so the family can be truly re-united in love. Jbean

• willy_think
    willy_think

Since you are new to the board and it's painfully obvious you have no idea what you are talking about, i'll just say welcome and peace

The Great and Powerful Oz:

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
  • LB
    LB
    What I really want to know is why? Why are you so obsessed by them? Why couldn't you just either leave the religion or stay? Why must you now spend your lives "exposing the hypocrisy of the WBTS"?

Most of us aren't allowed to leave the religion. We have to "pretend" to be witnesses or we will lose all contact with our family. You see this takes over your life. You aren't allowed to associate with worldly people like yourself when you are a witness, and if you screw up, then you can't associate with witnesses. Many ex-JW's are driven to suicide or worse. Some people here have had their children molested by JW elders and have received no justice. We all suffer from having spent time as witnesses.

Oh, you might consider reading a few more messages from people who are trying to get out before you jump on your high horse and attack the people here.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• plmkrzy
  • Dutchie
    Dutchie

My grandmother was a witness back in the '30's, my parents were witnesses and when I and my siblings were raised JW's, that was all we ever knew and we sincerely believed in everything that was taught to us and we were smug that we had the truth and others did not. Then some of us slowly came to the realization that this was not the truth and that we had been duped by a religion started by a midwesterner who had a flash of light.

I am sure you realize that the WTBS is a religion like few others. It requires all of your time and resouces and cuts you completely off from the world. If I am "obsessed" with it it is just because I have family who are still in the organization and I want them to be free of its mind controlling enviornment. I want them to stop worshipping a publishing company and to live in the real world.

We all know that all Jehovah's Witnesses are not hypocrites and that they really believe what is taught to them. That is what is so dangerous. That they accept without question all that the WBTS tells them and so they allow their loved ones to die because they won't accept blood transfusions and allow themselves to be shunned by beloved members of their family and ones that believed were true friends. All because the organization says that this is what Christians do. Can you honestly blame us for being upset? Its not just because someone was mean to us. We are not petty and stupid. To live in the world means that people are unkind sometimes. Its just that the WBTS does not have the truth and we would like in some way to expose that. I guess you could call it a public service work.

Anyway, could you share with us why you are no longer a JW? As long as you are here and contributing to his forum, we would like to know.

• detective
    detective

I'm not a JW, never have been. I'm here because I have a link to them. A friend. Maybe you don't care that they have policies in place that severely limit a persons ability to grow and reason. Maybe you aren't particularly concerned with the death toll they've stacked up with their crazy blood/transplant issues. Maybe you don't care about the people struggling everyday to be accepted and loved only to face disappointment time and again. What can I say? I do care.

I wouldn't have known any real facts about the organization if I had relied on my JW friend to tell me information. My friend cannot be honest with himself, let alone me. I wouldn't know the healthcare restrictions, the cover ups, the misquotes or the ever-changing dates if sites like this hadn't existed. Would you rather there be no information available? Why? Because you aren't involved anymore so it doesn't matter?

I've seen the toll this high control group takes on people. It isn't right. I'm grateful to people who contribute to sites like this. These sites are very helpful.

• julien
    julien

I get real suspicious when someone comes on here and claims to not be a JW but defends them vehemently or is noticeably bothered when exJWs criticise the borg.

Little lamb, why don't you practice what you preach? Why are you so concerned with the actions of exJWs on this board? Why should you care if some ex's want to stay current with JW happenings and continue to discuss JW issues? To paraphrase: 'why are you so bothered when ex JWs try to help JWs to leave? Why should it matter to you in the slightest?'

I think you are a witness who said you aren't because you thought you'd be taken more seriously.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

It always amazes me how someone who is BRAND spanking NEW to the site with their very FIRST post can sit, bitch, whine, and complain about all they see wrong with the site.

YOU admit you LEFT the Organization. Obviously YOU felt something was wrong with it, or YOU didnt live up to their standards.

Just because YOU feel no obligation to try to help other human beings live their lives and to get away from a false religion which deceives, manipulates, divides families, and inadvertently can cause acts of insanity does NOT mean OTHER people hold the same value system.

Perhaps OTHERS wish to HELP other people who have been SHUNNED or CONFUSED.

I find it distasteful that you come here spewing complaints and then have the nerve to hide behind a blocked email address and anonymity.

I wonder why that is?

When you get your facts straight, THEN say something.

Until then, no one gives a flying fvck what you have to say, because you have NO idea what your talking about.

PERSONAL WEBPAGE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html
    FREELANCE ARTWORK FOR SALE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/JasonArtwork1.html

• LDH
    LDH

<<snicker snicker>>

Little lamb, I think you meant to go to THIS website. It is TRULY upbuilding for ALL TRUE Jehovah's Witnesses!

http://www.silentlambs.org

Lisa
    Faithful in what is least Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit