this website

by little_lamb_on_a_hill 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace
    Solace

Why expose the hypocrisy of the W.T.S?

Because I can.

Because I speak truth.

Because people have died from J.W. false doctrines.

Because families are being torn apart by the J.W. "religion".

Because I dont want others to suffer like my family has from J.W. false doctrines.

Because if someone else hadnt exposed their hypocrisy to me, I would still be a slave to the society.

Just returning the favor.

• TR
    TR

littlelamb,

you sound a lot like Yadirf. Any relation?

BTW, "no education" means just that. JWs in the past were encouraged NOT to go to college. Things are changing I guess, but too damn late for a helluva lot of people.

TR

• little_lamb_on_a_hill
    little_lamb_on_a_hill

TR

I went on this Yardiff person's website and I was somewhat dismayed that you thought him and me were one and the same.

Ok, I wasn't sure if that's what you meant, but once again, this didn't affect me, or my brother or sister, who both went to university. I don't remember any elders ever commenting negatively on it either, in fact the PO's son of the congregation I used to attend actually went to university.

I'm not saying I don't believe everything that's being said here, but it just never happened to me. I can see that I don't really fit in, I get the impression most of you left because of some issues you had with their interpretation of some passage in the Bible, whereas I left because I just don't believe in God.

Personally, I can see a lot more wrong with other religions, such as Islam, than I can see with the JWs, but I don't see you campaigning against that.

• Celia
    Celia
    Personally, I can see a lot more wrong with other religions, such as Islam, than I can see with the JWs, but I don't see you campaigning against that.

Well, what do you know about Islam ? Have you read the Koran ?
    Fundamentalist Moslems may be wrong in their interpretations of the Koran, but so are fundamentalist Christians such as the JWs, (who are not really Christians anyway)...

• Will Power
    Will Power

right on Celia, excellent reasons heaven.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

lamb, this is dull.

Have you actually bothered to read up on cults?

Until you get what a cult or high control group is, and decide whether you think the JW's are a cult based on that, you're doing little more than wasting bandwidth.

You think this, you think that. But what do you KNOW?

And, if the fact that it hasn't effected you is the only thing that is important to you, leave the people who are concerned with it effecting other people to do what they think is right, whilst you do what you think is right, which would be... nothing.

And don't be so pathetic as to associate the activities of a minority of Muslims with the majority. Read underneath the headlines.

Realise that most of us loathe the organisation, not the people in it. It's dumb hating the individuals (unless they are such a person as to warrent it ANYWAY), as they are in a cult and not responsible for their actions.

I've met two people IRL who were 'over' it, having grown up a JW and exited by themselves. Except they knew diddly sqwat, had inane concepts about it, and were afraid of talking about it.

I think you've got something in common with them, and should join them on their cruise. I think they're going up the Amazon, but it may be Denial.

Of course, you may just be very very lucky, but pissing all over those who are less fortunate is bad karma, don;t you think?

• little_lamb_on_a_hill
    little_lamb_on_a_hill

I like the way that you assume that because I don't agree with you I must be totally ignorant of what I'm talking about.

You think this, you think that. But what do you KNOW?
    True wisdom begins when you know that you know nothing. Do you know who said that?

The accusations you hurl at the WTBS could be hurled at dozens of other religions, but like I said, you don't seem to care about that.

I'm not thinking of things I've read in the newspaper when I talk about muslims, but people who I've known in real life.

It's just ridiculous that I can be seen as uncaring, or be pissing on people, just because I don't harbour resentment towards the WBTS.

What do I KNOW? I'll tell you one thing I know for sure, there's a lot of worse things that can happen to you than being born into a family of Jehovah's Witnesses. You people need to get a proper sense of perspective. You want to help people? Go and dig a well in Africa or something.

If you were saying that organised religion was a bad thing in general, then I would agree. It's too bad when people lose contact with family members (and reality) because of religion, but it happens in other religions as well, it's a problem with them, which is kind of my whole point....and yes, you're right, this is so dull.

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Lisa (LDH),

You stated:

Now, Mindchild will probably come along and say , "Lisa you are over reacting" like he did when I stated that Discuss was NYT. But then we see two days later Simon deactivates him as NYT. (Now Mindchild you know I love you but that's not the point here).

You are likely making reference to this thread: NYTelecom reincarnated as "Discuss"http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=24153&site=3

If you go back and review who posted there, you will see I never posted on this thread, in fact you were arguing with Mindfield.

I thought you might appreciate knowing this so you can edit your post to reflect things accurately.

Skipper

[b]You Go Yahweh - and I'll go Mine![/i]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit