My Son and I have about 5 Months Left

by bavman 60 Replies latest jw friends

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

ok, licker. give up. im offering advice to a person with 5 months of parenthood left. it doesnt shave my sack either way. id go so far as to say that i dont really care. go ahead, tell this guy that his efforts are in vain. ill agree with you for popularity sake. just give up. cry for 5 months and lose you're kid because a stranger says to give up trying.

licker, take that novice advice and bury your head in sand.

and label lick a chocolate starfish

• bavman
    bavman

Thanks for the advice. As usual on a JW discussion board about 8 different opinions and a fight breaks out. Hey, this conversation just happened earlier today so I wanted to express myself a little. The truth is only I know the situation and people involved. Only I know what has been said in the past. It would be impossible for me to ever give up on this situation, not in my genes. So I will take what good I can out of your posts and carry on. Take care and good night.

• label licker
    label licker

ALL of us are wishing you the best bavman. You'll get no fight at this end. I can't argue with someone who has no kids on this matter. Although, I have to say it really is nice to see how people come together when someone is hurting and want to help. And to help ones whom we have never met. I'm going to sleep as well, Fakesmile you can stay up and argue with yourself. Have fun

Good night everyone even you Fakesmile

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Very sad. I hope he will have your questioning gene. Try to build the best memories you can with him over the next five months: significant, meaningful, profound memories and show kindness and patience. He can never replace you as his father and your unconditional love.

• pbrow
    pbrow

hellow bavman! Always good to see a fellow sconnie on the boards. Granted I do not know a lot about your situation but I can imagine that part of your waking up was having to explain these crazy theories to your son. It was a huge part of why I woke up and finally took the proactive stand like you of getting out. Have a conversation with him about that. Tell him you could not in good conscience teach those things to him and now your daughter. Ask him to explain the doctrines you cannot accept (607, denying christ at memorial, 1874, 1914, 1925, cross vs stake, no sports, holidays, df'ing ... etc ) Really listen to him. Question him. Dont let him get away with the usual conversation stoppers like "you know why" or "where else could you go"

Good luck bro,

pbrow

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey bavman!

I pray for spiritual wisdom for you in confronting the spiritual dimensions of your son's mindless addiction to this cult.

Love, I believe will be one of your most powerful weapons.

The Watchtower's own publications might be another.

The full or "unabridged gospel" message was designed for this purpose too. It may not be in their hearts, or on their lips, but enough fragments of it can be found in their publications to do the job.

Greetings, blessings and peace

Fernando

PS - Can you buy more time? For example by sending him to a college and giving him a place to stay?

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

In the time you have left with him make some amazing and unforgettable memories of doing stuff together that he can think back to and mull over while sitting bored rigid in meetings.

The first doubts he gets regarding the religion he will know he has you watching his back. That will count for a lot as he gets older. ((hugs))

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Bavman>>>>> ((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Just Lois

• Pickler
    Pickler

Hey bavman, I'm so sorry to read your story. Remember, 18 is so young, lots will change for him.

You have a really important role in your sons life, he has someone he can always rely on, that is not a JW. You will always be there as an option for him, you offer unconditional love. One day he will understand how this differs from JW "love". He also has a sister, so always another reason to remain in contact. Love & good luck to you

• carla
    carla

I'm so sorry Bavman!

in my thoughts,

carla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit