My Son and I have about 5 Months Left

by bavman 60 Replies latest jw friends

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

This is because a religin does not llow the teaching of blood being thicker than water, I found blood (family) being the most important in my life. Keep him close to yur heart he is just now growing into the years of making decisions for his own life. Little sister ids going to be a strong pull. Good luck I can now use this everyday statement

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

So sorry you are in that situation. I too had a countdown going...conversations with my kids at 14 and 16 had me in the same boat. Fortunatley for me and them, they did not get baptized and have both abandoned the JWs.

what really boiled my blood was learning that the elders had told him that he had to curtail his time with me...even though the law said he had to see me.

I told my son when it looked like was going to commit to them something like this: "that that will be your mistake to make and trust me, you will live long enough to regret it. The fact that you won't let me explain why they are wrong is going to be your problem, not mine."

Oz

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

All the very best bavman - I hope that in 5 months your son will have a change of heart.

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

Show/Tell him you love him unconditionally.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Bavman,

Please check your PM.

I left a message for you that could mean a lot to both of us. If so, then reply and I'll send you another message with contact information, if you haven't already pieced things together.

Marvin Shilmer

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I loved the suggestion about creating some happy father-son memories by means of a vacation together or pursuing a common interest together. Happy memories forge strong bonds.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Like you already said, you know the people involved better than any of us.

My suggestion is to not allow this to turn into a point of argument or contention during whatever time you spend together. If he's like I was, he already gets plenty of conflict, lecturing, and abuse from the cult. He's a kid that's been heavily brainwashed. He probably needs love and understanding. Let him know that you respect his decisions as well, but that you'll NEVER "have to drastically limit" your contact with him.

Is he planning of college, pioneering, marriage?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Strewth. I hate hearing news like this. I'm sorry Bav.

The watchtower DOES break up families despite their protestations to the contrary.

That's why I spread the word in order to hurt the GB where it hurts the most.....their banks!

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. It makes me so sad that this religion continues to break up so many families. There were many wonderful suggestions given but just love him and enjoy every day you have with him. I too would read the books by Steve Hassen so you can help him see the real truth and you would be able to do it without losing him. My thoughts are with you and I hope this will work out for you in the end. I said to my husband "where is the Bible does it say we are suppose to cut off our family"? Hang in there!

• nugget
    nugget

So sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit