My Son and I have about 5 Months Left

by bavman 60 Replies latest jw friends

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

find something unique for you and him only. example... my jw mother is a coffee addict. so to find a way to talk to her, i suprise her some mornings for a pot of coffee. it gives us a chance to talk openly and honestly. it keeps the distance at a minimum. does your son like to hunt? fish? play catch? you know him, find something that only both of you can share. not field circus. good luck, 5 months is enough time to figure out a way.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

bavman, wow. That's terrible!

I endured a similar situation.

What this religion does to famillies is simply terrible.

Have you read Steven Hassan's book, Releasing the Bonds? He has many good ideas on what to do, and probably more importantly what NOT to do, to reach loved ones in a destructive mind-control cult.

I highly recommend it.

00DAD

• label licker
    label licker

This is sickening in the least. I have a friend( ex unbaptised publisher) who left her husband and the religion (long story) and is happily living with a disfellowshipped man. They didn't get married but I see the exhusband poseing a problem down the road with the two children that they brought into this world. He could easily push for the two kids to get baptised as soon as possible so they have nothing to do with their mother especially since her new husband to be is df'd. I wonder how many parents that are either seperated or divorced use baptisim as leverage or payback to the other parent so the kids will have nothing to do with them. That would be an all time disgusting low in useing the kids as a weapon against the other person because they are so dam insecure. I wonder how many in the org has done that and can the courts do anything about that.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

sorry to hear that

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

I am totally at a loss for words .... jaw drop

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Sorry bavman, If you can afford it, contact Steve Hassan through his website for advice or to locate a cult exit counselor near you, and at least read Steve Hassan's latest book "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs". His other books are "Combatting Cult Mind Control" and "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves". Here is a video of Steve Hassan giving a lecture.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-oF-Z_I7U

Best of Wishes for you, your family, and your son's emotional health.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    He said this without much emotion although maybe some anger (mostly about not wanting to hear why I chose the path I did).

Try not expressing your own opinion. It hasn't worked in the past so don't expect a different result if you do the same thing again. Instead, ask one really problematic question, then let him do the talking and give him a guilt trip for any weasel tactics he tries to use to get out of out it.

Don't waste your time with half assed jobs on multiple subjects, when you could be doing a thorough job on one.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Please take your son and go on a trip somewhere. Tell him you are proud of him and will always have his back, no matter what, and that he can always come to you and tell you anything. Make some memories that he will always have. It may be that as he gets a bit older, he'll start to feel differently about the meetings and the "loving" brothers, especially if they bad-mouth you-he will take up for you, and it may cause him to think.

• bugger510
    bugger510

iT sounds familiar to me ,Iwas told by my son that if he was going to advance in the org . he was going to have to limit his association with me. maybe yourkid will come to his senses . ,as for me it hasn't happened ,,,,,yet!!,keep your chin up. allen ----------AkA"BUGGER"

• bugger510
    bugger510

iT sounds familiar to me ,Iwas told by my son that if he was going to advance in the org . he was going to have to limit his association with me. maybe yourkid will come to his senses . ,as for me it hasn't happened ,,,,,yet!!,keep your chin up. allen ----------AkA"BUGGER"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit