You-are-too-dumb: Proper handling of nested magazines (BOE Letter)

by pixel 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

They are some strange morphed advertising...thing...I can't even think of how to describe it.

I can think of a word. . . . .

• flipper
    flipper

Perhaps the brother handling the part should demonstrate this too while he's at it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfV8eHsfexU&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMfV8eHsfexU&has_verified=1

• jgnat
  • Pterist
    Pterist

"mother" "nesting" "carts" getting to sound like "one flew over the cuckoo's nest"

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Now, when I actually look at these things...I can see why there was so much confusion. They are stuck so tightly inside

each other that you'd never know it was another magazine.

Yes, I suppose it helps if you've seen them, unlike the majority of these posters. As I said before, someone high up made a dumb decision and now the JWs are supposed to recognize that a magazine that looks as thick as the one they've been getting for decades is actually two copies. The proper response to a situation like this is to reverse the decision and stop nesting them. But there's no point changing it again now that they've gone through all this trouble to train the Witnesses.

• blondie
    blondie

Once Watchtower issued a letter to congregation elders telling them to turn off the lawn mower before attempting to dislodge a jam.

Marvin Shilmer

Yes, since the WTS is self-insured and this happened on congregation property, it probably proved to be an expensive claim.

I remember an older brother that went to Bethel at 40 was laughing about the New Boy training that taught them to flush thoroughly. Imagine being told how to flush the toilet.

Added: The WTS referenced this scripture showing how the Israelites had to be taught how to dispose of excrement.

(Deuteronomy 23:13) . . .And a peg should be at your service along with your implements, and it must occur that when you squat outside, you must also dig a hole with it and turn and cover your excrement.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Blondie>>>>>At some of our Bethels and Branches around the world, many local brothers do not know how to use a Western type sit down toilet.

The thought of baring one's bottom, onto a communal toilet, is abhorant , to many. The ones at Bethel's are very clean, but often times, the sisters have to wash the shoe prints off of the sit down area of the seat.

Instructions on how to use, sit, stand, flush Western style toilets, in some country's, are needful.

Toilet etiquette, flushing. I don't know why Brothers have to be reminded to do this. If they are old enough to go to Bethel, they shouldn't think they need to leave evidence of their bodily functions for others, to see, smell, or in anyway, have to check for them, to tell them, yes, we see you ate corn last night, yes, we are happy all your plumbing is working. We are not your Mother. We don't care.

Some toilet handles are different. Instructions may prove beneficial. ; )

Just Lois

• blondie
    blondie

Lois, I was talking about Brooklyn Bethel and Wallkill. Not some foreign country with different type of facilities but very modern, like these new Bethelites had at home.

But you can imagine that most new Bethelites were male, between 19 and 25, living at home still. New Bethelites had to work alongside one of the housekeepers their first week so they would know that the housekeepers were not their mommies picking up after them.

There is a manual for all the rules at Bethel, called Dwelling Together in Unity. I'm surprised that a similar book isn't given to all the publishers, oh they do, the Organized book or whatever new version.

*** w97 8/1 p. 9 Serving Loyally With Jehovah’s Organization ***

In addition, the Governing Body provides them with a manual entitled Dwelling Together in Unity, which kindly sets forth some practical arrangements needed for such a large family to work well together. (Psalm 133:1) For instance, it touches on rooming, meals, hygiene, dress and grooming, and similar matters. Bethel family members loyally support and adhere to such arrangements, even when their personal preferences might lead them in another direction. They view this manual, not as a mass of cold rules and regulations, but as a set of useful guidelines designed to promote unity and harmony. Overseers are loyal in upholding these Bible-based procedures, and they use them in a positive way to build up and encourage the Bethel family to pursue their sacred Bethel service.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

LMAO. guys/gals, today i ran into 2 sales reps who apparently didnt get the memo. i remembered reading this thread as i noticed him handing me a feb, watchtower that seemed a bit thick for 15 pages. i almost started laughing as i returned the extra copy. i should have used it for origami. oh well, 8 pieces will have to suffice. i wanted to shout out to the author for posting. i wonder how many copies have been wasted.

• Splash
    Splash

From the WTBTS point of view it's a really good move.

The presses hardly needed to be changed at all - just don't apply glue between the two copies, then think of the savings!

Awake! has 43.5 million copies per month

Public WT has 45 million copies per month

So they are now printing 98.5 million magazines per month, all of which are half sized.

98.5 million x 16 pages = 1.5 Billion pages!

By nesting these two magazines they are saving printing 1.5 Billion pages per month!!!!

And I bet no-one has changed their donations to Worldwide Work to reflect this.

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit