You-are-too-dumb: Proper handling of nested magazines (BOE Letter)

by pixel 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel

Should I say more?

TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS

Re: Proper handling of nested magazines

Dear Brothers:

As was previously announced to all congregations, when the Awake! and the public edi-tion of The Watchtower were reduced from 32 to 16 pages with the January 2013 issues, editions in most languages began to be printed and shipped with two copies of each issue nested together. However, it has come to our attention that many publishers are unaware that they are obtaining two copies rather than one individual copy of each magazine, and they are placing with house-holders two copies of the same issue of The Watchtower and two copies of the same issue of the Awake! Therefore, many congregations have quickly run out of the January 2013 issues and are requesting replacement shipments from the branch office.

To prevent any further misunderstanding, we ask that an announcement be made at the next Service Meeting to remind publishers of the proper handling of nested magazines. Please have the brother handling the announcement bring copies of nested magazines on stage and pro-vide a visual demonstration of how the magazines are nested together and how to separate them. He should emphasize that what appears to be one copy of a magazine is actually two copies. Ad-ditionally, the magazine servant should be attentive as publishers pick up magazines at the King-dom Hall and should provide kindly reminders regarding the nested magazines.

Thank you for your continued support of the magazine-distribution arrangement. Please be assured of our warm Christian love and greetings.

• sir82
    sir82

OMG!

I thought "Surely this is a parody".

But no - I checked JW.org and this is an honest-to-God BOE letter dated 1/22/2013.

Please have the brother handling the announcement bring copies of nested magazines on stage and pro-vide a visual demonstration of how the magazines are nested together and how to separate them. He should emphasize that what appears to be one copy of a magazine is actually two copies.

And immediately following that, the brother will demonstrate the advanced concepts of opening and closing the magazines, page-turning, and sounding out those difficult 2-syllable words.

Once mastered, these skills will prove invaluable in advancing the Kingdom message.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

• undercover
    undercover

I asked on the duplicate thread if it was real...

...but realized as I was typing, that if you have to ask if a WTS letter is real or parody, then it emphasizes just how ridiculous their organization really is.

• 88JM
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Wahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in da troooooof!

Underlying this isn't the chance of an 'experience'(TM) where someone recived 2 mags and handed one to a friend who as a reult brought a whole city into the 'truth'(TM).

Again, it about MONEY! The god of the GB is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ may the GB die in pain.

• pixel
    pixel

Thannks 88JM. It takes time to fly across the pond I guess...

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Undercover: I asked on the duplicate thread if it was real ... but realized as I was typing, that if you have to ask if a WTS letter is real or parody, then it emphasizes just how ridiculous their organization really is.

My sentiments exactly!

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

You mean they can't afford a Watchtower slave to sort their product before it is shipped? Before you know it, each congragation will be instructed on how run a printing machine! Oh... I forgot.... they are already doing this..... download from their site.... use your own ink and paper.

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

The truth might be that most "publishers" no longer read the magazines, therefore did not notice the "nesting".

Quite revealing.

pc

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

They're placing so many of these rags that they have to ask for more??? Bird-cage lining.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit