New Member-Active Elder

by Promitheas 98 Replies latest jw friends

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Hi there, I'm a newbie here too...fading publisher, former pioneer and ministerial servant.

Yes, I've had my issues with some elders over the course of years, and of course, you can't challenge them, criticize them (because you are speaking out against those whom the holy spirit has appointed), or for that matter challenge or criticize the Watchtower and its representative GB.

I'm so glad to find so many who have a problem with this 'new light' like myself. For a while I wondered if I was alone. Not anymore. I seriously hope that this giving themselves pope-like status will ring bells in the minds of conscientious witnesses and prompt them to do research. That's what happened to me and it was then that I found out TTATT, and Awoke! after reading The Watchtower. And how glad I was to find this forum!

And 'you shall know the Internet, and the Internet shall set you free'.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome Promitheus!

• Pickler
    Pickler

Welcome active elder & Alec Holmes, I'm new to this forum also, found it while I was reading about the conti case online.

I left a long time ago, but its amazing to me to read what's being discussed on this forum. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Thanks very much Pickler, it's good to know we are not alone.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Welcome to you too ...AlecHolmestheDetective!

I like your name. Dig. Question. Investigate...Search for the real Truth(tm).

You are not sitting like a Zombie and getting spoon fed garbage from the New York self appointed Popes. Good for you!

A suggestion. Start a new thread and tell us a bit about yourself. Or just start a new thread and say...Hi! I am new. People will notice that you are new and you

will receive more responses.

Just Lois

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Welcome. I feel like I should make you fried chicken, biscuits, and sweet tea. A real Southern meal for the new European elder.

A Higher Being. As we struggle to understand a higher being, we should have the right to change our understanding. Welcome to your journey. Here to listen.

What is the age makeup of your congregation? Is it mainly elderly people? Who is leaving the religion, and why? WHo is coming to the religion, and why? Are you seeing more leaving them coming?

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome! Glad you found the board and hope it helps you in many ways.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Welcome P; nice to hear from all corners of the globe.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Promitheas - ABible Student: It's not so easy to control my emotions, but I have to. All my family & my wife's family are in.

Hi Promitheas, Have you read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visted his website, or watched any videos about his techniques? The following video is over an hour long and about 10 years old. It may give you ideas about how to implement Steve Hassan's techniques to help your wife and your family to awaken as long as you do it very slowly.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-oF-Z_I7U

Also, I would recommend developing non-JW friends who your wife might share common interests, and asking your wife to go on fun non-JW outings with you.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit