New Member-Active Elder

by Promitheas 98 Replies latest jw friends

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Thanks Found Sheep!

• Bella15
    Bella15

And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you FREEEEEEE !!!

It takes certain kind of heart to be free from that org and continue to believe in God, Jesus, the Bible, etc... a heart that loves the TRUTH .. a heart that knows that a half-true, a version of the truth is actually a lie, you are also brave and know that you cannot allow yourself to be deceived. So glad your family is on board ... God is gathering people with hearts that love the truth (and I don't necessary mean biblical truth, but the principle of truth) from all over the globe, throughout the ages. That ORGANIZATION which has become like a "person" and calls itself God's channel for this and that has put itself in the place of Jesus.

Welcome, Bienvenido.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Welcome Promitheas. What a blessing to have you here at our site! I hope you will update us what is going on inside your congregation and perhaps compare noteswith other elders who are here.
    Scott77
  • Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

You said "

I still believe in God & in his son Jesus Christ but not in the GB."

I find it hard to believe that Jehovah or Jesus is going to punish people for not obeying these 'theocratic directions" i.e. not turning in field service reports, saving seats, missing meetings, marrying not in the lord, but they are not doing anything about these natural disasters, shootings, and other major problems in the world.

It is modern day phariseeisms, Follow our rules in order to obey God.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Welcome to you!

We all have so many stories to tell! Some sad......some happy.....

Strawberry

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Welcome to both you guys from sunny California.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I still believe in God & in his son Jesus Christ but not in the GB.

The WTS. leaders have always made self proclamations identifying themselves to who they were in the channeling of god's earthly

arrangement as they say.

Of course so does every other religious organization in one way or the other.

Its worth pointing out that most of these organizations get some things right as well get a lot of things wrong and this is also true

with the WTS./JWS.

Welcome to the forum by the way Problemaddict

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am a 3rd generation born-in at mid 50's & an active elder.

Welcome, your description of yourself sounds a lot like me. Best wishes on a painful journey. Yet one that will be the best journey of your life

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

Welcome!

I wonder, do we have a count of how many have recently joined as a result of the "new light"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit