New Member-Active Elder

by Promitheas 98 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Promitheas,

I have sent you a PM.

You access private messages by clicking on the little envelope in the upper right corner of the screen.

If you get an error message, go back and click it again.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

May I call you "Promo" for short

PROMO...you are 1/2 way to Home Plate,....NEXT BATTER up!

• Vindico
    Vindico

Hi! welcome aboard.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Welcome to the party Promithieus......there are a lot of us ex-elders here.......

Fun group of people......hope to see you post more

• Promitheas
    Promitheas

Thank you all of you for your kind posts.

00DAD: Yes, I've seen the thread. I read the posts for almost 1 year.

ABible Student: It's not so easy to control my emotions, but I have to. All my family & my wife's family are in.

BluesBrother: Yes you are right. As you can see from Wikipedia :

Prometheus (Greek: Προμηθε?ς-Προμηθ?ας in modern Greek ) is a Titan, culture hero, and trickster figure who, in Greek mythology, is credited with the creation of man from clay and the theft of fire for human use, an act that enabled progress and civilization. He is known for his intelligence, and as a champion of humanity. [1]

The punishment of Prometheus as a consequence of the theft is a major theme of his mythology, and is a popular subject of both ancient and modern art. Zeus , king of the Olympian gods , sentenced the Titan to eternal torment for his transgression. The immortal Prometheus was bound to a rock, where each day an eagle , the emblem of Zeus, was sent to feed on his liver , only to have it grow back to be eaten again the next day. In some stories, Prometheus is freed at last by the heroHeracles ( Hercules ).

Ding: Sorry but I can't see the little envelope. Could you please help me a little more?

Once again, thanks a lot all of you

• breakfast of champions
  • Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

A warm welcome from The Netherlands, a small county in Europe also.

Gorby

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Welcome. Glad to hear that you've been researching. Wish you the best on your journey back to God & Christ.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Welcome from a pretty heavily populated state in the United ones... *giggling*

Your language barrier will be no problem whatsoever - it's your perspective we'll all enjoy!

Hopefully you'll give other elders the courage to make their voices known.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit