San Francisco or Bay Area Members?

by nibbled 109 Replies latest jw friends

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

FizzyWiglet —why call it apostafest? I take apostacy seriously, but I recognize that the definition was bastardized by the WT. Even still, I see no reason to get ever participate in such a concept—even if its just a slang term. Somehow that makes me feel like a prude. I just don't want to be stuck in the WT limbo land forever. "Apostafest" seems to be a celebration of the not "over it yet" kind of break up style. Ick. Thoughts? Insight?

I guess I simply don't read into the term as deeply as you. And I didn't call it an apostafest. Rarely do I even talk WT stuff any more with my ex-JW friends. We just all met via the same avenue, that's all it refers to. Not gonna overanalyze it. :)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well I guess this year's Apostafest up at Tahoe is out.

• nibbled
    nibbled

I'm pretty much a "what you see... and hear... is what you get" person. So please, do not mistake my forthrightness for anything untoward, if you can. I use no "tone" or snark here. Indeed, there are less then 5 people on this board who I reserve such for... and you are not one of them.

:) When I try to be less than my functional to the point self I'm accused of being a bit rambling. When I'm succinct I'm accused of being intimidating and absolute or directive. I suffer the same. I feel you!

Why does such frustrate you?

Because I'm seeking people to talk to about the deeper things I've learned, but I can't get past the spoiled milk. Milk as to babes in Christ, spoiled as in it's not even good milk.

Observation: It seems it would be easier to start a cult than a conversation.

"Israel in spirit - he is not a Jew who is one on the outside; he is a Jew who is one on the INSIDE " — That was YOUR quote, not mine. I don't believe that anyone is a Jew inside or out unless they are a Jew. Then you can discuss if they are a spiritual Jew as one on the inside, not just on the outside. I was trying to make the point that I do not believe anyone is anything but who they are and I'm sooooooo frustrated trying to find people who don't just believe everyone is going to be Jewish or Israelite.

I guess humor enters my heart in this moment as I picture my friend I was talking to today. She's Jewish. You could spot her Jewishness a mile away. I started laughing in my heart just now picturing all those Christians who say that they are "Jews on the inside" because they are circumcised of heart, but they wouldn't go tell her that, unless they're socially ignorant and don't realize she is a Jew—and the intent is whether or not her Jewishness is simply external or also internal. (Great that she's a girl, for this example!)

"I believe Paul spoke AGAINST circumcision “out.”"

Um, yes, but context. He was against the Jews promoting circumcision. To be a Jew, you had to be circumcised in Flesh already—and circumcised of Heart. To be a Christian you simply needed to ignore the Jews and pay attention to Christ.

Wow. That sort of is it. Maybe that's the best summary.

To be a Christian you simply needed to ignore the Jews and pay attention to Christ. It's over simplification. But does it get the point across? The Jews don't enter the scene again until the body of Christ is caught away; after the fullness of the nations come in. And Jews-schmew, what about Israel? Why does no one want to claim to be 10-tribe Israel?

Again though—"Jews" in that day were circumcised already. It was only a question of heart condition. If they had the heart condition they accepted Christ and left behind the old flesh for the new spirit.

House of Israel (ten tribes): “‘For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws."

So, if Israel is coming back, you believe the house of Judah isn't?

Have you read the prophecies in regard to accepting what they say as literally being fulfilled rather than spiritually?

http://biblez.com/search.php?q=%22the+house+of+judah%22+%22the+house+of+Israel%22

http://biblez.com/search.php?q=%22children+of+Judah%22+%22children+of+Israel%22

Its the remnant of Judah and Israel which go to heaven, it is the old covenant prophecies which tell us that after the remnant goes, with the rest of the body of Christ, to heaven, that those who remain will be restored—thus, all Israel will be saved.

I don't believe this "true Jew" is anybody whose heart is circumcised.

I'll see if I can pull out my philosophy logic book to see how to write the equation out.

Just because a Jew becomes a "true Jew" by heart circumcision it does not follow that anyone who is heart circumcised is a Jew. A therefore B therefore C does not mean C = A, or something like that?

"For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, neither is that which is seen in the flesh circumcision. But he is a Jew who is in secret, and circumcision is that which is of the heart, in The Spirit and not by the Scriptures, whose glory is not from the children of men, but from God." (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

Keeping in mind Yehuda means "God will be praised."

So you don't believe in the New Covenant scriptures?

Yes, I know about the other books. I find that I agree with Esdras for example in 2 Esdras 13, but I find it impossible simply by reading the book to believe it was written by Ezra nor even anywhere near Ezra's time. I searched quickly and learned my suspicions were well founded.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/gnta/2-esdras/13.html

I believe that inspired scriptures passed with the apostles—the restraint.

So I began testing my understanding, as it was strange to find it written in a book I find my heart not capable of trusting. Does that mean my understanding is wrong? Or does that mean there was something of what I believed written about in the first century or so, who wrote it as if inspired or as a prophet?

So, I kind of have to go with what that WORD says about Who the Word is... which the Bible actually corroborates.

"ton logon tou theou" — the word of God. — Mark 7:13 http://interlinearbible.org/mark/7-13.htm

I hope that you'll look into it. It's a fun study to study the words of the word of the Word.

Leaving off at the question of thinking Isaiah's prophecy…

I have to go to bed.

Btw, it's not fear, it's disgust for ignorance.

I'm going to bed. I see no reason to be here. I think I came to the wrong place looking for something that by definition wouldn't be here.

I will rest on it. I will be out of the country this weekend with a "JW" friend of mine, I will see how I feel when I return. I'm not saying I won't be here the next few days until I leave, but I have nothing much left in my heart right now.

I feel empty and wasted of energy.

Good night— and please, you are not my servant.

• nibbled
    nibbled

Funny.

I'm in bed. Went to read. Here's the verse of the day:

Galatians 3:26-28 ISR98

"For you are all sons of Elohim through belief in Messiah ?????. For as many of you as were immersed into Messiah have put on Messiah. There is not Yehu?ite nor Greek, there is not slave nor free, there is not male and female, for you are all one in Messiah ?????."

See it at YouVersion.com:

http://bible.us/316/gal.3.26.isr98

Not being snarky. Is this a scripture in yours/Tammy's discernment?
  • nibbled
    nibbled

FizzyWiggly sorry. My bad. "Aposta-gathering". Was just curious. Thanks for the deets.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So, again, I apologize if I've been mistaken. Again, I did ask once before and when you didn't respond thought perhaps the suggestion was valid. And when it was corrorborated, well...

Happy to help you out, kiddo!

• jgnat
  • AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings and peace to you, dear Nibs! So am I to understand that in spite of your misgivings you would like to continue? I am certainly open to that; however, I must ask one thing of you and that is that you leave yourself open to perhaps learn, as well? As you stated above, "iron sharpens iron." And so, in the spirit that I perceive from you as wanting to continue (else, why respond/comment??), I am directed to start with the verses you posted last (I had actually addressed this at the end but was directed to start with it and address the rest after, so I am doing so). Please also note that where you see caps... do not perceive shouting? I don't shout, technically or literally, dear one. Never have (well, except when my puppies run into the street and disobey when I call them back, little hard-headed things they are sometimes!). No, it's just that I type REALLY fast and so it just takes too many strokes to try and emphasize using italics, bolding, highlighting, etc. I just type... and hope those who read will do so in the mild and quiet spirit I am actually hearing and "speaking." Now, then...

Galatians 3:26-28 ISR98 - "For you are all sons of Elohim through belief in Messiah ?????. For as many of you as were immersed into Messiah have put on Messiah. There is not Yehu?ite nor Greek, there is not slave nor free, there is not male and female, for you are all one in Messiah ?????."

Now, see, I read that a little differently: "Elohim" is stated in the Greek (which tongue Paul, an apostle to the nations, which primarily spoke Greek, not Hebrew (Aramaic) wrote his letters to such ones in)... as "God." And "messiah" is not a name, but a title. It means the "chosen one"... but NOT just a chosen one, but the chosen one of JAH. Maybe you can seet that in it's pronunciation: "messi yah". I know it by a different word, "MischaJah"... but that's another topic. Even so, the Greek has this verse stating it as "Jesus Christ", which I have come to learn would be, in Hebrew, "Jah eShua MischaJah". So, for some reason, you've chosen a version that translates the Greek back into... Hebrew? Given the many Bible versions out there, how are we to know which is ACCURATE? I personally have only One Source... and so I asked him about it.

And his explanation actually contrasts with yours (that there is NOT to be a NEW Israel (Jerusalem)... but Israel and the nations... if I understood you correctly - I might not have, so please correct me if I've misstated you). Indeed, this verse actually corroborates that the NEW Jerusalel (the Israel of God... and not the Israel of Moses) is made up of sons of God, by means of an adoption, Israel by flesh AND spirit... and the nations by spirit. Israel by flesh and spirit... because they hale from Abraham... who haled from Adham... who haled... from God Himself. I understand that some have issues with the written geneology of my Lord's lineage... but THIS is the purpose that such was included in the writings: NOT just to show that he came from Israel... but from Adham... and so, by DIRECT line, was also a son of God... in the flesh (and not just the spirit).

So, that is what I was given and directed to share with you as to those verses. I hope they help, if not you perhaps someone else who was "asking"... but may not yet have faith enough to hear directly for themselves.

And it's actually a great segue into what I want to share with you, next:

It seems to ME that you assume that my task is to ones beyond Israel. I am not sure why you do, but it really isn't. I have not been sent to the nations (as maybe YOU have been - which might be why there are not only differences in our understanding - because I am not "of the nations", but of Israel, by means of my forefather, BenJahmin... and thus, a Yehudi by association (1 Kings 12:20, 21)... but Israel... those of all 12 tribes... although I would not withhold anything from one who was NOT of Israel who asked me (as my Lord did not as to the Phoenecian woman who asked of him). And so what I share will largely and primarily come from that perspective of... and be directed TO... those of that House. Including the name I have been given to call my Lord and my Father (JAHESHUA and JAHVEH, respectively). My understanding is that many of that House are here in this "city," JWN... having been "exiled" from the previous "city" they had been allowed to be "conquered" and "enslaved" by, the WTBTS.

And so, perhaps my message doesn't "ring" true as to and for YOU... but you must allow yourself to consider that it might not be FOR you... as I have considered that perhaps yours... and others... is not for ME. Now, you might find that... ummmm... difficult to receive but I offer that Abraham didn't know the MOST Holy One of Israel by the same "name" as did Moses. Yet, both were His servants. Also, I absolutely understand the aversion to a name of ANY manner, given "Jehovah" and what all's attached to that. I, too, found a name a hard thing to deal with early on. But I have learned that, while perhaps one might call the MOST Holy One of Israel "Father"... which is absolutely appropriate, even HE has a name... and it is important to know it, because it serves to identify the one that COMES in His name. If one doesn't know HIS name... how can anyone say "Bless IS he that COMES in the name of [God]?" What IS the name of God that he would come IN? I did not ask to know either's name - it was given to me along with why I needed to know them: when every knee bends to the name of my Lord they will, in essence, also be bending to the name of JAH.

So, as Paul wrote, perhaps you can consider not judging anything before its time, but simply take in information. You don't HAVE to agree with it... just as no one HAS to agree with what YOU share (and you really must learn to not take it personally - it isn't a rejection of YOU, per se, but simply what you BELIEVE... and perhaps the basis). As JAH Himself taught dear Samuel.

I will say that I have been where you are NOW... and that was close to 20 years ago. Since I am about 20 years older than you (not that age has anything to do with this), perhaps I've "journeyed" just a bit further at this point. Perhaps not. But contrary to popular belief Paul did not receive "all truth" at the very moment he saw the light that is my Lord. NONE of the disciples "got it" right away, even the Apostles - those were literally with my Lord in the flesh and STILL couldn't grasp a lot of what he told them face to face. Again, if you read Paul's writings in the order written, you might "see" a different Paul than you do now. Than most do.

Paul often went beyond the bounds in teachings, though... which can be easy to do, given the hard-headed, hard-hearted, and stiff-necked-ness of Israel. He was zealous for those he felt were under his care and so, like almost any "guardian", did his best to present the congregation "a chaste virgin." I don't perceive you have children, but that you are an aunt, so perhaps you can consider this from the POV of an older brother who tries to "preserve" his little sister's "chastity"... by controlling her outlook, conduct, and association. Unlike Christ, who always led in love, though, big brother Paul sometimes led in "law". But the sons of God are a FREE people... with only one law: love. Paul knew this but often let his ZEAL overshadow his love. As with Moses, who finallly got SO frustrated that he was provoked at Meribah, so much so he lost his privilege of actually entering into the land to which he led Israel, personally, for 40 years!

I am a mom so I understand this, wanting to protect someone you love SO much from the "harm" of the world. But doing so can also be harmful, as we can see just by looking at the results of some raised by JW parents. The emotional stunting, if nothing else, is overwhelming among such ones, indeed, MOST children raised until similar cult circumstances!

I am also a "belonging" of Christ, however, who has NOT been left [bereaved] but have experienced his presence literally ("Look! I am WITH you... ALL the days..." Matthew 28:20b). And so I have learned from him... and as a result know to use HIM to "test" the inspired expression. Regardless of whom it comes from, even Paul. And so, no matter who it is outside of him, I have been taught BY him how to "choose the good and reject the bad." (Isaiah 7:13-16) As HE was taught by One who chose HIM - the Father (John 5:19, 30; 8:28; Hebrews 5:8). I learn from HIM... which ANY who wish to can do (which is MY message: listen to HIM... NOT to me!... and so be led into ALL truth!)... and having put faith in this TRUTH... I let HIM tell me what is "good" and what is "bad"... including in the Bible (Proverbs 8:4-10; John 5:39, 40)

If you are truly joined to Christ, then, then you know there really is nothing to worry about or get frustrated over, at least not because you believe someone is not "hearing" YOU. That they might not be hearing HIM can be a concern... because (1) his voice is the one folks should be listening to and following, not yours OR mine; and (2) lives COULD be involved. But we do HIM a disservice when we get frustrated that (certain) ones aren't listening to US - who are WE? Nothing but vessels of mercy... instruments for God's will through Christ, yes? HE, though, is the One who chooses who DOES hear... as well as who SEES... and not you or I, right? I mean WE don't choose HIM... you, I, or anyone. So, if someone isn't "getting" what you're sharing... perhaps they aren't MEANT to... yet. Perhaps they must go through some more "refining" (and cleansing on the INSIDE) before they CAN.

Just like the use of "Lord," the word "Ba'al"... and the names "Jehovah" and "Jesus" don't evoke "bad" feelings in me; I wish that all others DID know... and use... the names revealed to me... and called my Lord their Lord. But I don't judge them... or get frustrated if they DON'T. I can't use those names now... but I once did. How, then, can I take negative issue with anyone who doesn't yet know any different? They are where I once was... and to judge them would be hypocritical. All I can do is put what I know out there... so that they can at least look into it... or better... ASK for themselves... and not rely on me OR you as to what is "accurate"... so as to CHOOSE, if they wish to. If they don't... look into it... ask... choose... I have no fear of or frustration as to them... or of their use of either name. I just have... sorrow... because, again, I've been there... and now know they don't have to be.

Like MANY here feel about having once been a JW - they know what their loved ones believed because at some point THEY believed it, too. To have disdain for anyone who doesn't YET believe what you do... and to take such lack of understanding, knowledge, etc., as a personal affront... or to consider it their "vocation" to stamp out, eradicate, take issue with, harrass/harangue... or deem inferior, unworthy, and/or "mentally diseased/sick" anyone who DOESN'T "see" as you do... is, IMHO, the epitome of hypocrisy. You know something knew? Put it out there. And if you are sure about it, put it out there with confidence. But don't turn around and "beat" your fellows... simply because YOU have become "free", even if only in your OWN mind.

And that is kind of how I feel with you. Again, I can agree to disagree - I am not sure you're able to do that, though. And I've concluded that part of my life that says I have to keep "associating" with people who I don't agree with. This place, JWN, is "home" to a plethora of people with a plethora of beliefs. So, if one or more can't hear/receive my message... no worries. That's their CHOICE - I do not take it personally. I just continue putting it out there and if someone hears... GREAT! Even if only ONE does so... I don't take that as an indication of anything. Because I am not putting it out there to garner followers. Again, I am just sharing what I have been given... whether others hear or refrain.

And so, that's it, for now. I did not see much else to respond to in your previous comments - they didn't seem to be asking anything of me but simply relaying your understanding of things, which is totally fine. And so I won't waste your preciousl time and additional board space on dicta but simply say I did and DO hear you - I just don't agree with all that you share. My apologies if that doesn't sit well with you... but it is the truth.

Oh! Before I end here, I just want to say that, if you can, try to overlook the "opposition" you might have experienced here? It really is a very few in contrast to the full number of posters. They are pretty "loud," in their opposition, however, and so it may SEEM like they are a large number... but they're not. If you can, try to consider them as yet another (truly) "foolish" woman, as shared by my Lord, Wisdom, in his words to the "inexperienced." While he offers them truth, SHE offers nothing more than "stolen waters" and "bread eaten in secrecy." They are merely products of THEIR "mother," the WTBTS... the "harlot" whose members "birthed" them... and so don't really know anything different but than to oppose whomever and whatever is not "like" them. They learned her ways well... and, unfortunately, have remnants of her umbilical still attached to them (she obviously didn't gnaw it completely off... and they apparently don't know how).

So... that's it. If my use of my Father's and Lord's names... and my calling my Lord such... doesn't "upset" you too much... I would be more than happy to continue. Indeed, I exchange with others who use the names "Jehovah" and "Jesus" all the time. Again, it's what THEY know, right now. If so, though, such that you aren't able to continue... with me... as well as/or aren't able to continue here at all... then Godspeed... may JAH bless.. and peace to you!

YOUR servant and a doulos of Christ,

SA

• OnTheWayOut
  • RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Hey nibbled I sent you a PM!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit