San Francisco or Bay Area Members?

by nibbled 109 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

King Sol/Dave Perez is two different posters. King Sol got banned, came back as Dave Perez (lied about who he was and brought an entirely new persona to the forum), and also got banned. This was all very recent. You have a similar mannerism (not exact, but then, King Sol and Dave Perez had similar but not exact mannerisms too) So some (including me) wondered about it.

At least Aguest came out and asked you direct. One of the things I love about her.

Something you mentioned that i wanted to touch upon:

The entire bible is not scripture... so the verse: all scripture is inspired, does not refer to the entire bible. The bible, as we have it, was not even in existence at the time that was written. As well, it would not preclude (as you already know) translation and scribal errors due to their own misunderstandings.

No one is calling Paul a false prophet. Paul was a person, and people make mistakes. He owned up to his (sort of) regarding telling the people to shun the sinner in their midst, and in his next letter, saying he did that only to test if THEY would be loyal in all things, but told them to take that same 'sinner' back, and to comfort him.

Jeremiah 8:8 would also attest to the 'lying pen of the scribes who have handled the law falsely'.

Christ also said 'woe to you scribes' on a couple occassions.

Luke said that he investigated matters and wrote down an account for Theopholis... so there was nothing inspired (given to him in spirit) about his book. It was an orderly account based on the witnesses he spoke to and their accounts.

The testimonies in the bible DO point toward Christ... but these are not infallable. The Spirit is who teaches and guides us into all truth. Even if the bible were infallable... without the Spirit to open up the scriptures, it is just man interpreting as he always has, with all the mistakes and assumptions that he makes along the way... hence thousands of different denominations and interpretations.

We also do not have to disregard something just because it is not infallable... but we do have to test it. Against Christ, against love.

I don't want you to think that I disagree with all that you believe (you know that i do not, though we differ in our understandings of the body and bride), but I wanted to offer the above for your consideration.

Much peace to you,

tammy

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

Showing the love, or just adding snarky Fizz? Was there an xJW swinger convention in Vegas?

Do I have to pick just one? Anyway, hi and bye! *fizzy away*

• nibbled

King Solomon,

Cross-dressing as "nibbled" buys you no more crediblity than your Dave Perez gig, despite your desperate effort to assert that you have boobs. I believe you have "boobs," also known as "moobs," but you also have something else that heterosexual men would find undesirable.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Nibbled is not King Solomon. Drop it, 144001.

• nibbled
    nibbled

Tammy,

Thanks for the clarification. I gathered from (what I assumed was) the username's that that person has an interest in similar matter that I do. David of the Perez of the house of Judah line, and King Solomon who introduces the concept of just "who is" a Jew?

I imagine there's someone here who can compare my IP addresses to that persons and clear my username identity as being just another one of that guy's. Tammy, I know you know what I'm talking about there, geek girl! :)

I believe that there are false prophets and prophets. I believe that Paul operated under holy spirit as an apostle appointed and chosen directly by our Christ resurrected. He was specifically chosen to bear the good news of the great sacred secret, and he was the one who penned the words to Timothy that all scripture is inspired.

I know that Constantine was the one to canonize the scripture, and despite his ignorance, I have faith that our Father preserved, even to this day, our access to this Word.

Where others have pointed out errors, I have gone to research. I find it fun. I find not errors, but misunderstanding, such as the times indicated around Christ's death, which some are written from the Jewish perspective of time, and some were written from the Roman empire's perspective of time, for example.

Paul's letter wasn't a mistake, how it was interpreted was the mistake. They took his letter as law and went to the letter of the law with it, as was part of the Jewish tradition or bad habits. He corrected them and said, no, that's not what I meant.

The only verse of scripture which seems to be a scribal inclusion to me, is that one that talks about women in the congregation basically shutting up. It's not even consistent with Paul's expression in the same letter. But I do not let that give me liberty to start tearing away at verses otherwise. My faith would falter, if I didn't discern that it's all there, besides that one inconsistency, of all I've considered of every "mistake" or "error" noted by scholars and friends.

Who's to say Luke's letter wasn't inspired? How is his any different from the apostles letters to the dispersion, or Paul's letters to the congregations (body of Christ)?

I have tested faith, and I have tested spirit. But I've never be instructed to test the scripture. When ever I've turned to scripture in light of "error" or "mistake" it seems so immediately that the error of the interpreters reasoning becomes clear—this from the girl who understand that to be a prophesy means also one who would explain scripture, not just prophets who would write scripture.

I don't write scripture, but I love sharing the explanations I've learned by taking the statements of others and testing their statements against my source of Truth, the word of God as the Word of God.

Tammy, do me a favor, please?

Will you let me know if I'm missing something in my response to you? Will you point out my flaw, error or oversight? What can you see of me that I might need to work on?

And is there a list somewhere that you guys have compiled of the errors or verses you refute as Truth?

I believe there are many denominations and religions because there is one commonality, man following men, rather than the Son of Man. He said I'm your head, they said we'll look for someone we can see.

Paul wrote the Corinthians (1 Cor. 3) that he was speaking to them as babies in Christ and as people of the flesh rather than as spiritual people. I feel like so many people do miss his point. The reason we have denominations is defined right there in scripture, and those were the most innocent of denominations. Paul describes those in denominations as being as fleshly, unbelievers and unspiritual people.

So, yes, I'm with you. You either live and learn in spirit, or you prefer the flesh.

In my observation, those who recognize the spirit of Truth and that he will guide them learn very fast and with a solidness like no other foundation.

We as people as individuals are the sanctuary, so I do not seek a church or fleshly congregation to go gather, and am seeking those who recognize that there is a spiritual congregation, and desire to be a part of it.

http://biblez.com/search.php?q=hear+what+the+spirit+says

• nibbled
    nibbled

How does one prove, out of curiousity, that they are or are not someone around here?

Thanks, jgnat. :)

• jgnat
    jgnat

nibbled, your esoteric interests are dissimilar to KS's and Dave Perez. King Solomon was an athiest, and Dave Perez postured as a believer but was worshipping "wisdom" I think, instead.

• nibbled
    nibbled

"Getting Through"

why are you trying... WANTING... to "get through" to ME?

I honestly have no idea. I'm drawn to you. I'm responsive to you. I don't know why.

So, what's your agenda? Why are you NEEDING to get through to ME?

I don't know why. I don't have an agenda, for some reason I just feel the desire to connect with you.

So you invited me to "xJWs" because you thought I was someone else?

I'm starting to realize there is no honesty here at all.

I could have told you I wasn't someone else.

I was also already on that board. Tammy has the data points. You can check me out. You and Tammy have the power to see that I am who I say that I am, or at least if you have insight into the IP address of this other guy you believe that I am.

If you thought I was someone else, why did you respond to all my posts?

I feel betrayed. You were arguing with someone else, not listening to ME. :(

We're all chosen if we're anointed. The whole body is chosen and anointed. The bride will be sealed and at a certain specific time. There is a reason we have so many words in the languages we use, it's for clarity and accuracy. Chosen and sealed are not synonymous terms.

on what basis do you assert I SHOULD hear... indeed, listen... to you?

Because I thought I was having a conversation with you. I realize now that you weren't talking to me, but some other guy.

Your emotion towards whatever that guy did obviously influenced the course of our conversation, but you didn't disclose your feelings until now. Only now can I look back and see I've wasted my time. You weren't listening, you were arguing with a ghost.

I have to go to another meeting. Lunch is over. I'll post this and post a story I sort of compiled and wrote "around" as it were. I don't know why it comes to mind, except maybe that the line I just read ahead to see is about the sisters. The story is about that. No intent but sharing something I did before I knew you, or had joined JWN just a few weeks ago. (Three, I think.)

I'll keep trying to get through the post, and I appreciate your length and responses. Long isn't problem with me besides being short on time and eager to read and respond.

Look for the new topic in moments.

Be back soon!

Post: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/245694/1/A-story-written-around-the-scriptures-My-People — sorry about formatting. Copy/Paste doesn't work quite right. Don't have time to fix it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" I'm starting to realize there is no honesty here at all."

Hm, I wouldn't go that far. There are many truely honest folks here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit