My questions for YOU

by Terry 42 Replies latest jw friends

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

terry, i tryed to start a thread last week about conspriancy theorys and it was takin down ,i asked why in another thread i made and it was also takin down,still have not got an answer,i really wanted to discuss this openly,they were both takin down with in 5 mins,i wish i knew why i said nothing bad or negative

• scotoma
    scotoma

Defianttruth,

I'm not talking about a warp. I'm talking about something that we don't understand.

IF (big if ) you believe intelligent entities with unknown technology are visiting the earth you have to also believe that they accomplish this by means of some unknown technology that untilize unknown principles. Remember it was a little more than 200 years ago that Faraday and Maxwell discovered the idea of electro/magnetic fields. Look what that led to. It's not hard to imagine extraordinary things that could be accomplished by a civilization that is a thousand times older than our own.

There is no use worrying about it though. No need to build landing pads with large letters saying "Aliens Wellcome"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

1.UFO's.

The United States government could have had very good reasons to promote the belief in aliens behind UFO's in Area 51. The UFO's could have been military secrets. Otherwise, I do believe there are likely others out there on other worlds. But to think they had the technology to get "here" and then sneak around as they supposedly have, I highly doubt it. I think they would more likely have announced their presence or remained undetected. Particularly, crashes of such crafts can be doubted as beings with such technology would have no problem landing or orbiting.

It's possible that some UFO's are aliens in their crafts. We've seen enough Star Trek to know that sometimes mistakes happen.

2. Ancient Astronauts/Alien kidnappings

This is extremely long, but debunks ancient astronauts as builders of the pyramids, aliens in art, crystal skulls, etc. etc.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ

It seems that people trying to make a buck keep promoting such nonsense.

3.E.S.P. and Psychic powers

I also note Amazing Randi's debunking. No real proof is ever offered. It seems that people trying to make a buck keep promoting such nonsense.

4. Conspiracy theories

For the most part, too many people would have to be silenced for a conspiracy to hold. I do believe there are some tightly controlled conspiracies such as the UFO one I used for question 1. There are occasions where people don't need to be silenced, but discredited or there is just so much controversial evidence that nobody listens to all of it.

I do believe most are started by people trying to make a buck. I don't see much difference between fraudulent claims of discoveries and the start of many religions or followings, as well as numerous conspiracy theories.

5.Angels

The "gods" of our ancestors have morphed into the angels of our "single" God. Add in ghosts and communication with the dead. A bunch of nonsense.

6.Revelations by God

....are contradictory to each other. You have no reason to accept someone else's revelations. I had one that led me to become a JW. I later realized it was my own need for such to be true. Many of the people who actually believe they experience communication with the supernatural do not come to the realization that they tricked themself or need professional help.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Unstop, what was the premise of your thread? It might be worth rephrasing the thread heading.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

its was just about sandy hook and the evidence it was about some youtube videos

• jgnat
    jgnat

unstopable, I am sending you a PM. All your questions will be answered.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ok ill check it out thanks jgnat.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I believe in Peace, Love and understanding.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It should be acknowledged and truthfully realized, that where there is fear and human ignorance, beliefs will flourish

and develop into the human consciousness.

This is the reason why so many beliefs in gods were created and expounded in embellished fictionalized created stories

in humanity's past.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

1.UFO's.

I believe that people have been unable to identify flying objects :-) I will say that any scientific objections about aliens traveling here are nullified by the concept of worldships or generation ships.

2. Ancient Astronauts/Alien kidnappings

I don't believe in ancient astronauts and I don't think it's likely that aliens would bother to keep kidnapping people. The psychological explanation for why people claim to have been abducted, though, interests me.

3.E.S.P. and Psychic powers

I don't believe in what are typically referred to as psychic powers, but science is continuing to discover interesting new senses in our bodies that seem almost magical; for instance, nerve 0: "a tiny, relatively unstudied nerve sprouting from the base of the brain whose function is only now becoming clear: subliminal sexual attraction. Many scientists believe that pheromones, those silent chemical messages exchanged by members of the opposite sex in search of mates, relay subconscious signals to the brain through this obscure nerve." (From this article.)

4. Conspiracy theories

I generally don't believe in these. There are certainly people in power who want to subtly manipulate us, but they all have conflicting agendas, so it's not as if all the world's leaders can actually agree on some direction for humanity like a "new world order". And, as pointed out already, national conspiracies such as a moon landing hoax would require too many people to keep a secret.

5.Angels

Nope.

6.Revelations by God

Nope.

7.Any other belief

Nothing major. Some are too personal (identifying) to list here. I do tend to believe that humans are meant to play some special role in the universe, or perhaps just that life as a whole is proceeding according to some plan, but it's just a hunch and I'm not dogmatic about it, nor does it necessarily affect how I make decisions in my personal life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit