You are all invited to the Memorial Of Jesus Death this March 26th 2013/Invitation is included, just open.

by suavojr 101 Replies latest jw friends

• perfect1
    perfect1

WT WIzard- what does a pro Astaroth party look like- lots of eggs and bunnies....

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Look at the drawing of Jesus again. His left eye is looking directly at me, and his right eye seems to be looking at my right shoulder.

Cross-eyed and creepy.

• suavojr
    suavojr

I just saw the view count for this thread I posted, 2,384 let's say it takes at leat 90 seconds to read, 90 seconds times 2,384= 214,560 secondsIf you convert these 214,560 second to hours= 59.6 hours for this month service.

I have completed my field service for this month, not too shabby...

• Heaven
    Heaven

I just saw the view count for this thread I posted, 2,384 let's say it takes at leat 90 seconds to read, 90 seconds times 2,384= 214,560 secondsIf you convert these 214,560 second to hours= 59.6 hours for this month service.

I have completed my field service for this month, not too shabby...

If this doesn't confirm that metrics drive behaviour, I don't know what does.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

When I queried the point of door to door work when after an hour I might not have found a single person home, let alone speak to them or read a scripture I was told we still did it because the angels were watching and it made them glad.

Will they feel less glad seeing people tapping on a keyboard instead?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" I have completed my field service for this month, not too shabby... "

Only if you're honest about how you got your time on your time slip. Counting time on an apostate message board is so inspiring!

• pixel
    pixel

I'm assuming this is going to be presented as it it, "verbatim" style.

Here it is in English:

Song No. 8 and Opening Prayer

THIS IS A SPECIAL OCCASION (6 min.)

We are here to show our appreciation for a superlative act of love

On this date almost 2,000 years ago, Jesus Christ gave his life in order to deliver us from the curse of sin and

death

Jesus commanded his disciples to remember his loving act once a year in a simple ceremony [Read Luke

22:19, 20]

In obedience to Jesus’ command, millions in 236 lands will observe the Lord’s Evening Meal tonight

They will meet in Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls, in private homes, in rented facilities—even in prisons

and open fields

In countries where our work is banned, appreciative ones will risk their freedom in order to obey Jesus’

command

[Mention adjustments some in audience may have made in order to attend, and warmly commend them for

making the effort]

Last year observed the Lord’s Evening Meal worldwide

Tonight we will briefly answer the following questions:

(1) Why do humans need to be delivered from the curse of sin and death?

(2) Who benefit from Jesus’ loving sacrifice?

(3) Who partake of the bread and the wine?

(4) Besides attending this meeting, what else must we do to show our appreciation for what Christ has done

for us?

WHY WE NEEDED DELIVERANCE (7 min.)

The first man, Adam, had the prospect of living forever

His enjoyment of everlasting life was dependent on his obedience

By disobeying God, Adam personally lost the prospect of everlasting life

Later, when children were born to him, they came under the death sentence along with Adam [Read Romans

5:12]

Could righthearted descendants of Adam ever be delivered from the sad condition they inherited?

They could, by becoming part of a different family!

Obedient descendants of Adam can join Jesus’ family

Jesus is “the last Adam” (1Co 15:45)

The first Adam set his descendants on the path to destruction

The last Adam, Jesus, provided our deliverance through his obedience as far as death [Read Romans 5:19]

But why did Jesus have to die?

Not for any wrong he committed; Jesus was without sin (1Pe 2:22)

Jesus took our place, suffering death for us so that we could live forever [Read Hebrews 2:9]

It warms our heart to think that Jesus was willing to change places with us—to suffer and die so that we

could have life!

But life where? In heaven or on earth?

WHO BENEFIT FROM JESUS’ LOVING SACRIFICE? (10 min.)

The Bible describes two destinies, or hopes, for faithful humans

A limited number will receive everlasting life in heaven; the vast majority will enjoy life on a paradise earth,

according to God’s original purpose for mankind

Those with either hope can become members of God’s family

Those with a heavenly hope are called Christ’s “brothers” (Heb 2:17)

Those with an earthly hope, his children (Isa 9:6)

We can all decide whether to join God’s family or not, but we cannot choose where we will serve him, in heaven

or on earth

Cannot ‘decide’ to be “born again” (Joh 3:5-8; w09 4/1 5-6)

Jehovah determines where we will best serve

144,000 will join Christ in heavenly Kingdom [Read Revelation 14:1]

They are all Christians, having the name of Jesus figuratively written on their foreheads

They also proudly bear “the name of his Father”—Jehovah

God’s spirit gives them personal assurance that they have the heavenly hope (Ro 8:15-17)

These partake of the bread and the wine

The vast majority of those attending the Lord’s Evening Meal do not have the heavenly hope

It thrills them to contemplate the blessings that God has in store for them on a paradise earth:

Children are eager for the fulfillment of Isaiah 11:6-9 [Read]

APPRECIATE WHAT CHRIST HAS DONE FOR YOU!

S-31-E 7/12

Sick or infirm yearn to see Isaiah 35:5, 6 come true [Read]

Family men look forward to the day when Isaiah 65:21-23 will become a reality [Read]

While on earth, Jesus healed the sick and even raised the dead

He longs to reverse the effects of Adam’s sin on the human race

Can you see yourself in the new world? God wants you to be there!

WHO SHOULD PARTAKE OF THE BREAD AND THE WINE? (4 min.)

Both those with the heavenly hope and those with the earthly hope benefit from Jesus’ sacrifice

However, those with the earthly hope do not partake of the emblems

Why not?

Because the bread and the wine represent Christ’s body and blood in a special sense:

Bread represents Jesus’ body given in behalf of anointed (w06 2/15 23, box; w85 2/15 12-13)

Wine represents Jesus’ blood as it applies to those in new covenant, the 144,000

Cup of wine represents new covenant (Lu 22:20)

The Lord’s Evening Meal will be observed as long as Christians with the heavenly hope are on earth [Read

1 Corinthians 11:26]

Once the Lord “arrives,” he will take the last of the 144,000 home to be with him in heaven (Joh 14:1-3)

Those with the earthly hope will no longer observe the Memorial

Will not partake of the emblems then, so do not partake now

OBSERVING THE MEMORIAL OF CHRIST’S DEATH TODAY (10 min.)

Tonight we will follow the pattern Jesus set for observing the Lord’s Evening Meal

[Read and comment briefly on 1 Corinthians 11:23, 24]

Jesus offered prayer and passed bread to 11 faithful apostles

Unleavened bread represents Jesus’ sinless body, given in behalf of his anointed followers

[Qualified brother offers brief prayer, and then the bread is passed; optional whether speaker comments while

emblems are being served]

[Read and comment briefly on 1 Corinthians 11:25]

Jesus prayed and then offered wine to followers

Red wine pictures his precious “blood of the covenant” (Mt 26:28)

[Another qualified brother prays briefly, and then the wine is passed]

WHAT MUST WE DO TO SHOW OUR APPRECIATION? (8 min.)

Jehovah wants you to be a member of his family

Jesus’ sacrifice opened the way for you to have a precious relationship with your loving heavenly Father

You must obey the rules of the household (1Ti 3:14, 15)

God will help you to live by his standards—he wants you to succeed!

When you are discouraged, pour out your heart to him in earnest prayer

Build faith in God by taking in knowledge

The more you get to know about God and Christ, the more you will love them

Attend meetings regularly, not merely on special occasions, such as this one

It has been heartwarming for us to consider what Jesus did for us

In coming days and weeks, continue to reflect appreciatively on his sacrifice

[Conclude by reading 1 John 4:9]

Song No. 109 and Closing Prayer

S-31-E—page 2 TO BE COVERED IN 45 MINUTES

Now, back to topic.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Didn't they recently redefine "The Faithful & Discreet Slave" as the Governing Body from 1919 forward? I believe they did... But William Tyndale was never a part of the Governing Body of any religious organization. Neither was Russell. So why are they standing behind Jesus in this invitation?

Also, did anyone ever witness William Tyndale partaking of the bread & wine on Memorial night?

• flipper
    flipper

SUAV- Thanks for the invite, but I'm good . I can be good without Jesus or meetings at your Kingdom Hall. I'm actually a very loving , Christlike individual. Perhaps more so than many Jehovah's Witnesses you know already.

Just out of sheer morbid curiosity- the guy pictured in the invitation just to the upper left of Jesus right ear - isn't that the actor Charlston Heston from the movie " The Ten Commandments " ? How did HE get in here ? Next thing you know we'll be seeing WT Memorial invitations printed with the Beatles & Rolling Stones on the invite ! Here's an idea- How about just make an invitation with all the famous people on the cover of the Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club album on it then nobody would be left out ? Just an idea. Have a great day. We are here for you too SUAV if you ever have any questions about the hidden secrets of your organization that they are keeping from you. Take care, Peace out, mr. Flipper

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

I'll be celebrating Ostara on March 20th. As usual, JWs are late to the party.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit