The Stone the Builders Rejected

by sabastious 312 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I have been out for decades. My quest is not to supplant the WT with new, goofier interpretations of the Bible.

Correct, that would be a sh*tty quest.

If it is impossible for the GB to accurately describe the long list of characters in Revelation, I submit it is impossible for you.

I can understand this position, however I submit that the internet turns all interpretations created before it on end. Websites like Wikipedia, Biblegateway and BibleSuite would make scholars from the past drool. These tools are changing the every day citizen's knowledge base if they so choose to educate themselves. A good example of this is the atheist population. They know their stuff because they not only have access to a bunch of information, they also share new information with each other. Believers do the same thing. I simply started over from Genesis 1:1 and studied with the aid of the internet. I am almost to Genesis 9 and it's been 2 years. I have realized that much of Jewish and Christian Scripture/doctrine is derived from differing approaches to the Pentateuch. Revelation is highly related to the Hebrew Bible and it's that relation of which holds the key to fully understanding both Revelation and the Torah. I also submit that a proper understanding of the relations between the Torah and the I CHING are extremely important for understanding the big picture. Yet, because of racism such an idea would always have been regarded as preposterous, when it was always the truth. Fear keeps people from the truth. Even you a learned person simply ignore this basic connection when the facts are there for anybody to find. My honest question is what are you scared of? What is everybody scared of? East and west are connected. Such is a time to be joyous and realize that God is NOT racist and has always been with all cultures. Something that Revelation speaks about.

You are welcome to share your beliefs. I do respect you. You state what you believe and do not insult others.

I try not to step on others.

One of the risks of posting is that someone will disagree with you.

I wouldn't know

There is a wealth of material interpreting Revelation and other apocalyptic works.

On this particular subject, anything that isn't on the internet isn't worth reading. That's a thinking that many people just don't have and it shows in the quality of their interpretations. Deep corners of the internet are the best places to learn (like this one).

People just don't argue about which verse everthing in Revelation means.

Nor should they. It's a book of symbols, not verses.

The majority view is as a very spooky book with few Jesus sayings.

Are you the type that goes along with the crowd? I'm not.

It makes no sense when addressing our current world.

That's just a statement without a reason.

I like to see references. "I believe this...... b/c......" can be respected. Posting with no explanation does not convince anyone. Why anyone would leave the Witnesses and continue to engage in fiction is beyond me. Of course, your view is just as valid as that in the WT. After the Witnesses, most here are very wary of claims to be a medium of God.

How could you compare the contents of this thread to the Revelation At Hand book? You just have no basis. I have shown that the Watchtower isn't simply goofy. They are sinister and premeditated, why do you ignore that? Why do you brush it off as if it were nothing? The 66th book of the Bible is one of riddles, which is a concept you conveniently ignore of which perfectly explains YOUR confusion and my LACK THEREOF.

I checked my pms. There are no pms from you in the past two months. I am sending you a test pm.

I gave you the exact dates which were much longer than two months ago. Please give them some thought, it's not going to just jump out. You will have to work for it.

-Sab

• still thinking
    still thinking

My spirit says...what a lot of nonsense.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Sab,

You are making stuff up just to argue. I don't know why. First, the Internet has no filters. Indeed, the actual scholars who were taught by the same prof, and agree on most issues, freely admit to different interpretations. Indeed, Marcus Borg and N.T. Wright decided to write a book to illuminate the process and make money. When I studied with Elaine Pagels, she overheard us discussing how someone with no teaching ability was granted tenure while our best teachers were not awarded tenure. We thought she was minding her own professorial business. She told us from her perspective that she could tell us anything and we would believe it. Particularly Bible based material is not that accessible to the wider world. The whole tenure process meant she had to be published. In order to publish, she had to submit her theories to scholars around the world. They could tell if she was just spoofing immediately.

I still wonder why the best teachers are denied tenure.

The Internet is a tool to access better material. Ebsco host will reveal documents no normally available on the web.

Why anyone would wnat to interpret Revelation with Internet material is beyond me. The book barely made it into the canon. It is not essentail for key Christian concepts. Also, it has a Jewish perspective in opposition to Paul's view. There are so many timeless questions that every human culture faces. Is there a God? Why is life so full of suffering and chaos? Are we more special than other humans? Does God back our government?

People do not sit during coffee hour or during a commute and argue about the verses of Revelation? Why is your view any different from thousands of others views? You do not explain your process. If you explained it, yoiu might garner more respect.

The Internet has no filters. University presses and even more commercial ones check facts and vet the books they publish. Why would I ever want to read another JW book? I ran from the Witnesses. My readng lists goals are extensive. There is no reason to read very bad fiction used to enslave and terrify people. The four horseman frighten most people.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    You are making stuff up just to argue.

You just made that up to argue.

First, the Internet has no filters.

Ever heard of the Spirit of Truth? You seem to worship university methodology and empirical evidence. The internet supercedes all organized education it was a necessary evil. Schools are for getting shot at these days it would seem.

If you explained it, yoiu might garner more respect.

I don't care about respect, I care about truth. Anyway, I can see this will not go anywhere. I had hoped that maybe you could see and maybe you still can.

13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

-Sab

• AGuest
    AGuest

There are no slaves on this thread

Au contrare...

Doulos may refer to: In ancient Greece, a slave... Biblically it is commonly translated as bond-servant or servant,

but literally the word means slave in various nuances.

A "bond servant" is one enslaved by debt bondage, "probably the least known form of slavery today, andyet it is the most widely used method of enslaving people. A person becomes a bonded labourer when their labour is demanded as a means of repayment for a loan." Or when one OFFERS themselves in slavery to pay off a debt.

Why would God want slaves?

At some point you're going to put all of that education to use. Until then, you MUST know that God doesn't WANT slaves; through His Son He sets slaves FREE. But even you should know (because your great education surely taught you) that even after the U.S. slave trade ended SOME slaves stayed on as such. Willingly, by their OWN agreement, a lot of which was based on LOYALTY to their former masters and not because of compulsion by any master. But you know this... right?

While YOU might be able to MAKE me slave for you in order to pay off a debt, I can CHOOSE to do so of my own free will.

Literal slaves cannot choose their way out of bondage. If you choose to serve someone, you are not a slave if you can also decide not to serve them

This is absolutely untrue. Even the form of slavery known to YOU allowed it, depending on the master. Depending on the master, a person could BUY their way out of slavery, if they so CHOSE to... so long as they could raise the money to cover the price. Or they could CHOOSE not to... and remain a slave. A master could also chose to FREE a slave, in exchange for something besides money... and that slave could CHOOSE not to give the exchange but to remain a slave.

People who don't have an adequate or accurate knowledge of slavery... whether it be U.S., modern, ancient, or otherwise... really shouldn't be opining on it. Because people who DO... might consider them ignorant of the "nuances" of that institution. Of course, there are books on the subject. There are also family records that aren't necessarily IN the "books."

A doulos of Christ, as well as a descendant of U.S. slaves just 3 generations back and with a family history that tells a slightly different story... since her ancestors were not only slaves... but children of the master and so subject to slightly different "terms"...

SA (who can call herself whatever she chooses/pleases... and who's now done with THIS topic, because the ignorance of it by some who claim to "know" is just way to laughable at this point...)

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

No, Shelby. Slavery was a legal property status. The Emanicipation Proclamation freed slaves in the Confederacy as a military action. The Thirteenth Amendment emanicpated all slaves within the United States. The Fourteenth Amendment extended due process and equal protection to all U.S. citizens, which now included the former slaves. I can't understand how anyone who took Const'l Law could be so ignorant.

Racism remained. There were attempts to educate former slaves through the Freedman's Bureau and church groups. The historically black colleges in the South were established. Southern whites and blacks were thrown in poverty. Many became sharecroppers. A sharecropper is not a slave or a serf. There are such moving accounts in govtl records and fiction of what freedom from slavery meant to blacks.

Travel was possible. Families could stay together. I don't believe that most whites would be happy to be a former slave. The legal status was radically different. The Internet is not a great place of scholarship. There is nothing wrong with an Ivy education. Elementary school students can explain the difference between slavery and degrees of freedom.

Attack my university knowledge as much you want. It highlights your ignorance. No one needs to be an elite to know that the Civl War accomplished a major social, economic, and legal change in the United States. The federal government was enhanced. Our Const'n was transformed. States were clearly not as powerful. The Bill of Rights applied to states only after the Civil War.

Why do I have to constantly relate basic American history that first graders know. You embarass yourselves.

The world is not engaged with what verses in Revelation mean, any more than the world is engaged with how bad university is. Throughout the world people want and value education. So you devalue it as the Taliban and Al-Qaeda do.

Pesky little facts inconvenicence you. You keep pushing the JW agenda. Who cares? A few people first out.

Why condemn the WT b/c they would not have you while you make up the same garbage as the WT?

• AGuest
    AGuest

No, Shelby. Slavery was a legal property status. The Emanicipation Proclamation freed slaves in the Confederacy as a military action. The Thirteenth Amendment emanicpated all slaves within the United States. The Fourteenth Amendment extended due process and equal protection to all U.S. citizens, which now included the former slaves. I can't understand how anyone who took Const'l Law could be so ignorant.

I CAN understand, though, how someone who took Constitutional Law doesn't know squat about what ACTUALLY occurred. The following might help your very ignorant hiney, though:

"The Thirteenth Amendment completed the abolition of slavery in the United States, which had begun with President Abraham Lincoln issuing the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863. Shortly after the amendment's adoption, selective enforcement of certain laws, such as laws against vagrancy, resulted in blacks continuing to be subjected to involuntary servitude in some cases, particularly in the South. [11] See also Black Codes.

11. Carter, William M. Jr. (2006-2007), Judicial Review of Thirteenth Amendment Legislation: Congruence and Proportionality or Necessary and Proper, 38, U. Tol. L. Rev., p. 973 , http://heinonlinebackup.com/hol-cgi-bin/get_pdf.cgi?handle=hein.journals/utol38§ion=64

The black codes had their roots in the slave codes that had formerly been in effect. The premise behind chattel slavery in America was that slaves were property, and, as such, they had few, if any, legal rights. The slave codes, in their many loosely-defined forms, were seen as effective tools against slave unrest, particularly as a hedge against uprisings and runaways. Enforcement of slave codes also varied, but corporal punishment was widely and harshly employed to great effect. [2]

2. http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/67722/black-code

Racism remained.

Please. Much more than racism remained. I'm not trying to make this into a lesson on the history of U.S. slavery... but you should certainly not try to fool these people here into thinking the Con Law overview of the 13th Amendment did anything more than touch on the legislative aspects of the law. It did NOT go into the realities of slavery itself... or even things like the Black Codes or Jim Crow. Stop postulating just because you went to law school. I did, too... and so what? I know about U.S. slavery because of my FAMILY... not because some law professor lectured on the 13th Amendment.

There were attempts to educate former slaves through the Freedman's Bureau and church groups. The historically black colleges in the South were established. Southern whites and blacks were thrown in poverty. Many became sharecroppers. A sharecropper is not a slave or a serf. There are such moving accounts in govtl records and fiction of what freedom from slavery meant to blacks.

Many became sharecroppers... and many didn't. Many went to school... and many didn't. Don't wander down this lane, madam, because your tiny tender heart can't handle it. If you want to believe the 13th Amendment brought days of "joy-joy", you're fooling yourself. Was it the BEGINNING? Yes, absolutely. But THAT particular change didn't come easy... OR overnight... to this country. Take a class.

Travel was possible. Families could stay together.

You're kidding... right?

I don't believe that most whites would be happy to be a former slave.

Most whites wouldn't be happy, nor would ANY blacks. I would not want to have been a U.S. slave, either. But that has nothing to do with the manner of slave I am... and I call myself. Which, although your JW-I-need-to-control-not-only-what-others-think-but-what-they-say-even-about-themselves baggage will not allow YOU to grasp. On another thread a poster referred to himself by the "n" word. Didn't bother ME... but I sure didn't hear "you all" pop a gasket over that. Oh, right, I know... "Where? Where did someone use that term? I certainly didn't see it because if I saw, well, I would...!" What? You would... what? I know: you would want to mind your own business. If someone on this board wanted to call themself a dog's hiney... what it is to YOU??

The legal status was radically different.

The LEGAL status often didn't mean squat. Ask Emmett Till. Or any of the other pieces of "strange fruit."

The Internet is not a great place of scholarship. There is nothing wrong with an Ivy education. Elementary school students can explain the difference between slavery and degrees of freedom.

It's not a bad place, either... and no, there is nothing wrong with the EDUCATION; it's just the ignorance of the so-called "EDUCATED", at least, in this case. And an elementary student's understanding of slavery is most probably limited to the VERY limited exposure he/she has to the U.S. institution of slavery and perhaps... maybe... some of the modern-day human trafficking. However, there is a LOT his/her DON'T tell... as well as a lot of lies.

But if you have such a poor view of internet scholarship, try reading a little James Lowen. Start with Lies my Teacher Told Me, winner of the 1996 American Book Award, the Oliver Cromwell Cox Award for Distinguished Anti-Racist Scholarship, and the Critics Choice Award of the American Educational Studies Association.

Attack my university knowledge as much you want.

I don't have to; you keep putting it's deficiencies on display.

It highlights your ignorance.

No, it actually highlights yours, at least with regard to this topic. I truly MARVEL that you even took this one on. But, well, your Ivy League education says you even know all there is to know about slavery. But Dan Quayle went to law school - yet, couldn't spell "potato." I went to law school, too... and marveled at how many of my classmates consistently got reamed out because they couldn't spell... or even write coherently (which is how many pass the bar - they write SO poorly and simply include underlined buzzwords - everyone knows that one secret to passing the bar... even you).

No one needs to be an elite to know that the Civl War accomplished a major social, economic, and legal change in the United States.

Only the elite believes it accomplished what you want folks to believe it did when you want them to believe it did.

The federal government was enhanced. Our Const'n was transformed. States were clearly not as powerful. The Bill of Rights applied to states only after the Civil War.

And you think that changed everything, right then and there. Interesting.

Why do I have to constantly relate basic American history that first graders know. You embarass yourselves.

Because you can only related what you know... which is about only that which a first grader MIGHT know (although, I think if you asked a first grader they wouldn't... except maybe one that attended an elite school; even then, I don't think they're told all that much, either. "Class, the Emancipation Proclamation freed the slaves (it didn't) and the 13th Amendment abolished all slavery (it didn't... in this country OR others)!"

The world is not engaged with what verses in Revelation mean, any more than the world is engaged with how bad university is.

Perhaps not the world YOU live in, but I would wager that there are some who are so engaged. Many, actually. The world in not made up of all atheists, yet, madam. Even so, the OP had a right to post as to whatever he wished... and that included a discussion about Revelation 13. I asked his permission TO discuss and he conceded. That YOU have now come in... and "decided" that "the world" isn't engaged is... arrogance at its height. If YOU didn't want to discuss the topic, YOU should have kept your silly hiney off the thread. Didn't your high-falutin' edu-macation teach you THAT?

Throughout the world people want and value education.

Some do. Many, yes. Not all. And YOU don't even speak for MOST.

So you devalue it as the Taliban and Al-Qaeda do.

You're a liar. You're just mad because I have refused to be your friend. And this is why: you whine and cry "please let's be friends; others no longer 'like' me - we could stand against them together"... while out of the same mouth you try to appear as an opposer. THIS is why I would NEVER accept your crazy butt "offers." Because you don't know what YOU are or what YOU want.

Pesky little facts inconvenicence you. You keep pushing the JW agenda.

I am pushing nothing. I shared the truth with another (not you - you get nothing from me... which you simply cannot stand)

Who cares?

You apparently do... because although I've asked you... several times... to stop addressing, PM'ing and otherwise trying to "talk" to me... because what you say in one place is ENTIRELY different than what you say in another... gets on my last nerve. But... you don't/won't/can't... because you need ME, apparently.

A few people first out.

Whatever...

Why condemn the WT b/c they would not have you while you make up the same garbage as the WT?

Oh, no, I'm not like you, madam... you who are condeming me because I won't have YOU (and, yes, I STILL decline your silly "offers"). I condemn the WTBTS because it's an institution of false christs, led by false christs who are false prophets. Same as you do. Unlike YOU, though, who apparently can't decide who your friends are (this week)... I have not changed my position simply because someone I don't care for is also "against" them. I don't base my position as to false christs and false prophets on who I'm getting along with, this week - they are false, regardless of whether another agrees with me or not.

You, though, need to decide who your friends are. One day you hate the WTBTS, then the next you're taking issue with me for doing the same thing, while defending them... because I won't be your friend. Then you're condemning others... while the next day taking issue with me because I won't join with you against them. Yet, neither group would have YOU... any more than they would have me. Which is why you now want to join up with me.

But I told you: I'm not playing this passive/aggressive bullock pucky game with you. You're nothing more than an opportunist, running from camp to camp and trying to make friends by means of common enemies. Which is a puerile, manipulative, and deceitful practice... and I don't care what words you use to try and "sound" all intelligent, it won't change my impression of you. Just becuase folks here might not know the tactics we learned in law school, you know I do. And your ad hominem and deflective attempts mean nothing to me. You are a two-faced, double-speaker... more than any I have known since middle school... and I want no part with you.

So you can come onto thread and posture all you want - I DECLINE YOUR OFFER. I told you, go this route if you want to... but I will "out" your butt just as quickly.

A doulos of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I don't recall saying that Bablyon the Great was the world empire of false religion. Rather, this whole series tries to dispel that misinfomration propagated by the Watchtower Society.

Yes, I misstated that, dear one. My apologies, and peace to you! I knew you had attributed that to the WTBTS and given a different description - I got distracted by this, your two previous posts on the matter, and searching for other posts, and lost my place. I thought I was addressing what you did state but was distracted and misstated the matter (which is the primary reason why I try to stick to my usual style of quote and respond).

Babylon the Great is corrupt mother earth or Eve from Genesis. Both are symbols that encapsulate all that came from the fall of mankind. The whole timeline if you will, including but not limited to Greece, Rome, Great Britain and every world power that has ever existed. All of them stood in opposition to the One True God and always have. Not because they don't believe he exists, but because they believe he exists and fear Him and his holy people. However, they want the power and glory to themselves. How they accomplish this is through usurping the throne of God, by redirecting worship to idols which are always completely false.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree, but perhaps my explanation will help you see why. Babylon the Great is an adulteress, which means she was a wife (only spouses commit adultery). While Mother Earth is a wife... she is a slave wife, not a free wife. She is "Hagar." God's FREE wife, is "Sarah"... "Jerusalem Above." (Galatians 4:22-31) They are represented by the two Covenants, the Old and the New. So, Hagar (Earth) COULD have been a wife, and thus an adulteress; however, Hagar, as the slave wife... or concubine... could have been a QUEEN. And Babylon the Great statest that she "sits a queen." Now, of course, she doesn't (who is king such that she has such a position??)... but that's why her statement is so... absurd: she is NOT a queen... but falsely claims the throne of a queen. She can only do so, the adulteress harlot... if her "husband"... is a KING. Since SHE is the adulteress, though, her husband MUST be a king... and one that is CLEAN. And the only clean "king"... is Christ.

But how could this harlot be a wife of Christ? Only one way: by being joined to him, in spirit... as a man is joined to a woman in flesh (Genesis 2:23; Ephesians 5:29-31, see KJV) . Yet, when, a wife has relations with another man... or men... she becomes an adulteress. And Babylon the Great DID have "relations" with other men... the "kings of the earth." She "committed fornication" with them. Which is what made her a HARLOT. But she didn't stop there: with these, she also had "children"... women as well... and harlots, as well. Hence, she is the "Mother of the Harlots."

While Hagar/Earth is mother of those born in the manner of the flesh (versus, Sarah/Jerusalem Above, mother of those born according to a PROMISE)... there is a HUGE difference between her and Babylon the Great:

Hagar/Earth... is still loved by JAH. Just as Abraham had love for his slave wife, Hagar... and greatly her child, Ishmael... even though Ishmael persecuted Isaac, the rightful heir, so that they were sent away.... Hagar's child received a blessing: he would become a mighty nation in the earth and receive blessing froms JAH. This constitutes ALL of Israel that is not part of the Bride of Christ... because they did not receive him as their king. Yet, ALL Israel will be saved, even those born... in the manner of the flesh. Thus, she, the earth... which was NOT creating for nothing, WILL be inherited by Israel... as part of the "meek." (Genesis 17:18-21; 20:9-11, 17-21)

Babylon the Great, however, does not fair so well. JAH has NO affection for her; indeed, HE puts it in the minds and hearts of the ten horns and wild beast to do her in! HE causes them to turn on her, to eat up her fleshly parts, and completely burn her... and have her hurled into the sea... NOT just because of her harlotry; that He could have forgiven. But because IN her is the blood of His holy ones (Revelation 17:6, 17; 18:20, 21).

This is what the world empire of false prophets, the Beast out of the Earth, is designed to accomplish.

I am not sure how you're getting the beast out of the earth to be the world empire of false prophets... when the wild beast and the false prophet are two separate entities. Unless you are speaking of the wild beast that comes out of the SEA... because it's seven heads... the seven "mountains"... are what represents false religion. I explained that through identifying the one head, Israel and its system of worship.

For example, the Watchtower interprets the "two horns" as a fabricated world power (Anglo-American). This turns the "Revelation: It's Grand Climax at Hand" book into an idol. Because the truth is purposely hidden by teaching a false doctrine. Whether they admit it or not the Watchtower teaches that that book is Scripture. All idols are always designed to weed out lovers of truth there isn't any other purpose. Organized crime doesn't operate on nobility, but chaos. They have great incentive to expose the truth tellers so that they can be removed from the population. Leaving behind the perfect army of drones to rule the planet with.

Okay, but I can't see how anyone could even fall for the crock that is the Revelation Book. I mean, it is SUCH a compilation of speculation and lies... there are FOUR pages of changes to it. And those don't even include the "statistical adjustments" that appear in the "[2006-2007] Yearbook and other publications." Can it truly be teaching if no one understands it?? And no one does. They can't because it's full of false propaganda. Even so, they pushed the Truth Book, and it's successor, the Live Forever Book. But it's the Reasoning and Shepherding the Flock Books that they literally raise OVER scripture. I mean, one can pull out a Revelation Book in a JC meaing... and no one there would be able to explain a thing in it. BUT... they will pull out that Reasoning Book to "explain." OVER the WT and OVER scripture. And they will look to the Flock Book as to how to proceed IN "shepherding," even over scripture. But the Revelation Book? They don't even know what to do with that one. It was a sloppy "shot in the dark," that they're STILL doing damage control for!

I believe Revelation 13:11 is a riddle, as is the whole Book of Revelations.

Okay. It isn't actually a riddle, but it does contain riddles, yes. Which is why John often states, "Let the reader use discernment." But more than riddles, it was what was given to John to give to my Lord's slaves... and then which HE, my Lord... would himself "reveal" to THEM. Not John. John just wrote it down.

The wordage is purposefully vague such as "two horns like a lamb but speaks like a dragon."

But that's not vague. It is TELLING you what that beast looks "like"... a lamb... but that its words show it is NOT a lamb, but a dragon... or... an
    "offspring" of a dragon... one that is a VIPER (poisonous seraph). LIES. It looks "like" a "lamb"... because Satan keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. Since this beast gets its power FROM the dragon... it would assume this "power," too - to transform itself [into an angel of life].

IMO, this is describing a goat which would explain why the Watchtower has an image planted into the minds of their members of the Beast out of the Earth having scales and a tail.

I'm not sure why they've given it a tail, except perhaps to denote it is a beast (versus a man)... but it most probably has scales due to it speaking "like a dragon." But they're not far off there, because while they don't have tails... all spirit beings... seraphs... have scales, dear one. Even my Lord:

"Anani′as departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord [Jesus] who appeared to you on the road by which you came, has sent me that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” And immediately something like scalesfell fromhis eyes and he regained his sight..." Acts 9:17, 18

True, this beast is not a spirit being... but I think they only incorporated their view of dragons (which is most of mankind's view). But the beast is NOT a dragon - it just speaks like one.

Because they don't want them solving the riddle, because that would be truth and not a lie. Meaning they are worshipping God instead of an idol. John 10 describes a pen of sheep where admittance is given only to those who go through the gate.

I see what you're saying - that they are INTENTIONALLY misrepresenting this beast and other features of the account so that those who belong to Christ CAN'T see the truth. Yes, I do agree with this as they are currently taking the lead as the "false christs" and "false prophets" who have arisen to "mislead, if possible, EVEN the chosen ones." In that light, shouldn't those who deign to undertake explaining what these things DO mean take GREAT care to ensure they are accurate... rather than offering opinions and speculation? How, though, can ANY interpretation be accurate... if it not granted by Christ himself, the Holy Spirit... by means of holy spirit?

If anyone has ever been around goats, they ricochet off of things very well. Because of this they are regarded as master escape artists. In John 10 it says that anyone who climbs in a different way is considered a theif and a robber. Just like if you used a tree to ricochet over a fence into private property. You would be trespassing no matter how clever your attempt. That's exactly what the Watchtower is, tresspassers and they will be dealt with as such.

Yes, I agree with this. But I can't see how anyone "buying" their lies can even GET in. Rather, I think what was being related here was how some try to get in by going through ANY other means that Christ, the Door. And so, by lyingly teaching that THEY are "in," the WTBTS has in fact "broken" in... doing so to steal and plunder. Which they do: they claim to have entry... without going through Christ... doing so to mislead even the chosen ones, those sheep who belong to JAH through Christ.

But are they ACTUALLY "in"? Of course not. While they may have gained access to the "house"... Israel... by breaking in... they in NO way gain access to the MOST Holy... the most sacred part of the "house." Because NO ONE can enter there, unless they go through Christ, the Door ("No one comes to the Father except through me").

Just as ancient Babylon threw the Three Jews into the furnace, so they will be thrown into the lake of fire and sulphur.

Okay, I can receive that. But "WHO" are the "they" that are so thrown... and when? Because the wild beast and the false prophet are thrown into that Lake after Armageddon... but before the Judgment. Just curious as to your take on that.

Again, thank you for allowing the discussion to continue; I look forward to your next comments.

Peace to you!

YOUR servant and a doulos of Christ,

SA

• cofty
    cofty

Could anything be more Watchtower-like than arguing over the minutiae of so-called bible prophecy?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Wow. After a few days scarcely on the web I've just caught up with what's going on here, just read right through. I need to digest it!

Have to go out to an appointment, but I might be back later on...interesting... :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit