The Stone the Builders Rejected

by sabastious 312 Replies latest watchtower bible

• strypes
    strypes

The title of this thread is "the stone the builder's rejected"..

The scriptures relating to that phrase are...

Psalm 118:22

Matthew 21:42

Mark 12:10

Luke 20:17

Acts 4:11

and 1 Peter 2:7

I would copy and paste them but I am on Firefox... *sigh*

Acts 4:11..

"This Jesus is the stone that was rejected which has become the cornerstone."

I do not understand what the title of this thread has to do with the OP or the discussion thereafter. But it is good to see Cofty is still with us though he too has rejected Jesus (the real Jesus) and is one who is offeneded (2 peter 2:8).

As for the whore, I think it is the Catholic Church. I saw a documentary about it a while back.

• cofty
    cofty

OMFG its Strypes!

Still as judgemental as ever.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Awesome topic if we could get back to it...

What about the "rock mass of offense" and the "stone of stumbling"?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I mean, it's about the "STONE the BUILDERS REJECTED" fer chris'sake.

The "stone the builders rejected" is a universal principle that forges the world we reside within. EXJW's are stones the Watchtower rejected. Ex Catholics are the stones they rejected etc, etc. Israel was the stone Egypt, Babylon, Greece, Rome and Great Britain rejected. The principle even works in a secular sense as Christopher Hitchens was rejected and made into a cornerstone (same goes for Charles Darwin). Christ was the quintessential stone the builders rejected which makes him the rightful King of the Universe. What he did will never be done again and can never be topped. That game is won.

Because we live in this fallen world what is actually the greatest is falsely regarded as the least. This is why thebuilders of Jesus' time rejected him, because he was actually the greatest, but did not make their cut of "biggest." The world operates on the false ideal that "biggest is best" which is why we see huge churches and temples all around the world operating on highly complex organizational structures and knee deep in holy writings and commentary. It's why we see big universities and musical superstars. They believe that more is better when that's simply not the truth. More is burdensome, less is more. Albert Einstein said: "When the solution is simple, God is answering." When a previously complex solution is superseded by a simple solution the "builders" will not accept it. For they are prideful of what THEY built up and allow that pride to hinder human progress. For example deforrestation has been allowed to exist for far too long. This is because the builders of this world have a codependent relationship with paper because it was the main source of information for so long. The supply and demand seemed to be endless. Yet, with the advent of the internet and tablets we should have immediately seen paper go by the wayside because it's immoral to destroy forests. But, the system was not set up for that kind of change, in fact derogatory terms like "tree hugger" were created to mitigate. How could anyone in their right mind have thought we could engage in the deforestation that we were doing long term? We all watch in horror as forests are decimated and yet, when a new technology came along we didn't have the means to make the change without economic armageddon. Pride comes before a fall.

In regards to the atheists coming in here and trying to wreak havoc all I have to say is that they are acting out of cowardice. I personally believe that many on this forum, and the world for that matter, have a deep seeded fear of the mentally ill. That's why I make sure to point out that I am bi polar, because it puts the rationalists in a position to make a decision. I want to know if they are going to be moral or not. Do they just brush me off because I have been diagnosed with a mysterious disorder? If they do, then they are just acting like the builders of Jesus' day and are rejecting me because they see something small. This actually just exposes themselves as cowards not willing to see the forest for the trees and that's their loss.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Au contrare...

Repeating a thing does not make it true. There are no slaves on this thread.

• AGuest
    AGuest

When a previously complex solution is superseded by a simple solution the "builders" will not accept it.

So true, dear Sab (good morning and peace to you!). That Christ also became the "cornerstone" in the TRUE temple of God is important. This importance is greatly misunderstood and overlooked today because of the modern status of a cornerstone: today, it usually refers to a ceremonial masonry stone (or facade) set in a prominent location on the outside of a building that includes some kind of inscription indicating the construction dates of the building and the names of the honoree, architect, builder, and other significant individuals involved in the building's construction/existence. Some cultures actually consider the placing ("laying") of the cornerstone an important rite. Particularly with regard to "sacred" architecture (churches, temples, cathedrals, synagogues) and state buildings or buildings constructed with public funds. Some of these stones are hollow and contain timecapsules and other items (blueprints, plans, etc.).

Historically, however, the cornerstone (or foundation stone) was the FIRST stone set in the construction of a masonry foundation and was important because all other stones were set in reference to that stone and so determining the position of the entire structure.

As the foundation cornerstone Christ is the FIRST stone set in the TRUE temple of God, the "place" in which God (will) dwell(s) by spirit, which temple is made of people (Acts 17:24, 25; 1 Corinthians 3:16; Ephesians 2:20-22; 1 Peter 2:5; Revelation 3:12; 21:22-26). He is the stone that those who were hired... and charged with building God's temple... rejected. Because, as you rightly state... per THEIR "view"... the building wouldn't have been GRAND enough with such a foundation stone. If HE... of small stature and appearing sickly, even afflicted and cursed by God... was to be the FIRST stone... what would the entire building look like?? Surely, if the foundation stone was "imperfect"... then the whole building would have been "imperfect"... even unsound!

What they missed is that, unlike them, God does not look at the outward appearance for He sees NOT as man sees; man looks on the outward appearance, but JaHVeH looks at the heart. (1 Samuel 16:27; John 7:24; 2 Corinthians 5:12). And in looking at Christ's heart, the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAHVEH... did not find him wanting; to the contrary, He found him PERFECT. And so, chose him as the FIRST stone in His true temple. He then allowed that One to choose... and so that One has... the WEAK, FOOLISH, and IGNOBLE things of the world... to be the remaining "stones." (1 Corinthians 1:26-30).

Thank you for continuing the discussion... and you, dear Strypes and Fernando (peace to you both!) for getting the thread back on topic, at least as to the title.

A doulos of Christ (yes, indeed, and most willingly so!),

SA

• tec
    tec

When a previously complex solution is superseded by a simple solution the "builders" will not accept it.

Love the clarity in that, Sab. Awesome.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

In regards to the atheists coming in here and trying to wreak havoc all I have to say is that they are acting out of cowardice.

Repeating a lie does not make it true.

That's why I make sure to point out that I am bi polar, because it puts the rationalists in a position to make a decision. I want to know if they are going to be moral or not. Do they just brush me off because I have been diagnosed with a mysterious disorder?

You posting here and being bi-polar does not, in any way, create a moral dilemma. Your ideas are evaluated purely on their merit.

If they do, then they are just acting like the builders of Jesus' day and are rejecting me because they see something small. This actually just exposes themselves as cowards not willing to see the forest for the trees and that's their loss.

This assumes your ideas have merit and there is a reason to accept them. So far, there has been no reason.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    You posting here and being bi-polar does not, in any way, create a moral dilemma. Your ideas are evaluated purely on their merit.

It does, and you have freely chosen to act immorally and everybody here got to see it (except you and your bigoted ilk who are blind to their own malice). You're just a one-stick pony, you don't even have any tricks.

This assumes your ideas have merit and there is a reason to accept them. So far, there has been no reason.

Actually, what lacks reason is your presence in this thread.

What they missed is that, unlike them, God does not look at the outward appearance for He sees NOT as man sees; man looks on the outward appearance, but JaHVeH looks at the heart. (1 Samuel 16:27; John 7:24; 2 Corinthians 5:12). And in looking at Christ's heart, the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAHVEH... did not find him wanting; to the contrary, He found him PERFECT. And so, chose him as the FIRST stone in His true temple. He then allowed that One to choose... and so that One has... the WEAK, FOOLISH, and IGNOBLE things of the world... to be the remaining "stones." (1 Corinthians 1:26-30).

Yes, outward appearence can be misleading so it's wise to look deeper. God teaches humanity a very powerful lesson by using the smaller one's of the world to shape the future. As Galadriel told Frodo, "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty
    As Galadriel told Frodo...

No more or less authoritative then "god says....."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit