The Stone the Builders Rejected

by sabastious 312 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" That's not an explanation for anything, oh wise one."

It wasn't meant to be. Try again.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I'm shocked that it's YOU who brought the thread back on topic!

I'm cool like that. My question is sincere....

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

OK, just catching up. Enough with the personal attacks from both sides. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind, except for the last person, who will still have one eye.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Welcome back, dear Stypes, and peace to you! I had typed out a bit to C about how disappointed I was that he is letting folks think you said such a thing to him, when you did nothing of the sort (and some know that but I've learned from my Lord that some DO know what they do... while not knowing what they do). I realized, though, that he won't get it... and neither will they... so why waste my breath/keystrokes.

Unfortunately, I see what you do... and have tried what you have... and, yeah, it's hard with this one. The anger is SO great! Yet, I can understand it, as you say you can... and yes, we both must move past our own distaste toward mercy and forgiveness. Toward doing what we would have others do unto us which, in this case, is pray that we get what we are TRULY hoping for (union with God). I don't believe that that hope has been absolutely abandoned, in spite of all the posturing and pontificating. I've no doubt that it WILL be said, one day, "Blessed is he that comes in the name of JAH" - I only hope that it comes for those of Israel who are here BEFORE the Door (John 10:9) to the Ark (of the Covenant) is shut... and rather than be kings and priests, they find themselves subjects of those of the nations. A dishonor to Israel.

I realize, of course, that the snarks, ridicule, and perhaps even blasphemy will come now, but that's okay - I don't judge any who bring it, as I believe you don't, either, so we'll just have to let their own mouths judge them. Because I don't think they will be able to refrain. There IS a power over them... as you will see shortly... which will drag OUT of them what's truly IN them. Nothing you or I can do about that... except, perhaps, pray for them, as you said. Hard, but we have to do it. So, I will pray for you... and perhaps you will pray for ME... that we find the love in US... TO do it.

As for our differences at this point, I am one who believes Christ's words when he said, "He that is not AGAINST you is FOR you"... and so have no problem with others having different beliefs... except to the extent they try to teach WTBTS doctrine as "truth." While I have absolutely no problem discussing and sharing with ALL of Israel, regardless of which "city" and "pen" they may have been called out from, I have not been SENT to any other than those of Israel who come through the WTBTS. Because that is the "pen" I was called out from... and I know the "laws" of its "hired man"... and the "bite" of its "wolves" very well, attempts having been made to "snatch" and "scatter" me, as well.

Regardless, you have pegged our C quite well. Those who can't see it are to be understood, because they haven't been subjected to it. Things tend to look different when you're on the other side of it. But take heart - as you can see, you're not alone in being on the receiving end of his anger and chagrin. I've no doubt that others would be too if they ever professed faith in God and/or Christ. They don't, so they will never know this other "side" of him, praise JAH - I wouldn't want ANYONE to be subjected to it so I am actually quite glad that these have dodged that bullet, regardless of how and why.

In case you are interested, there is another site that might give you a little reprieve from time to time should you want/need it. Interestingly, many of those here who decry God and Christ... who may even blaspheme... find a need to join/visit there, as well. We cannot, for the life of us, understand why... given their claims of honesty, integrity, and absolutely NO interest in what we believe. Even as to spying (which apparently is a regular occurrence), if they truly believe God and Christ do not exist - as they claim to believe. But apparently, they can't stay away (which doesn't seem rational to ME, but given their definition of various words, maybe "rational" means something different than what most think). Some, we have found, actually camp out for hours, just reading. We find THAT curious, since the site membership is open to anyone who wishes to join. I can only surmise that they ARE interested in what is posted there (indeed, their repeated references to it seem to indicate that)... but don't have the cahones to step out and let others know that. Ah, well... such is the way of the cowards...

Anyway, I will PM you the link, just for your information if you want it.

Again, though, welcome back, peace to you... and heart and chin UP, girl!

YOUR servant, as I am servant to ALL those of the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with, and a doulos of Christ,

SA

• cofty
    cofty

Believers get personal because they have nothing else.

Its easier to dismiss your opponent as - angry and hateful than to respond with intelligent and thoughtful refutations of their arguments.

As an ex-christian Sab, Strypes, Shelby, Tammy, Loz and Char view people like Qcmbr and I with the same attitude that JWs view apostates. Once you have decided that somebody is an enemy of your god then of course it is permissible to slander them as you see fit and even to pray for their demise and eternal torment. It is such a relief to no longer have to defend the indefensible.

jgnat I respect your your comments about not bringing issues from other forums. When somebody has expressed their desire for your death and then turns up here calling you a hate filled liar its difficult not to respond.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" As an ex-christian Sab, Strypes, Shelby, Tammy, Loz and Char view people like Qcmbr and I with the same attitude that JWs view apostates."

I've lately been thinking the same thing.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Cofty, someone has to be first to break the cycle.

Shelby, you are literally the last person on this forum who has any business pointing the finger at people for bad behavior. OTOH, you trying to take the moral high ground was good for a laugh.

Let's all stop with the insults and discuss the issue. In the past few weeks, I've been called obscene, inhumane, a monster, accused of telling people to kill themselves, malicious and immoral, blind and bigoted and that's just the things I remember off the top of my head. Let's stop with things like that, OK? Don't get me wrong, it's not hurting my feelings, I doubt anyone here is capable of that, but still, it's childish, betrays a lack of cogent arguments and, despite how much it amuses me to see people resort to that, it derails any chance of meaningful conversation.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I've lately been thinking the same thing.

A word of caution about this statement. The Watchtower wants to murder apostates. It's printed in their literature and has been discussed on this forum many times. You and your friends are deluded on this one. Christian's don't kill, they GET killed, keep that in mind. Christ fortold this before he was murdered. He knew that all his followers would all be rejected and then he'd make them into rulers (Matthew 24:45). The trick is finding real Christians, not counterfeit ones. We have "fled into the wilderness" of the internet for the most part. There are stragglers in organized religion, and they are running out of time. Which is why the atheists set up camp in the wilderness and wage war with us. It's fun, like a chess match. No bloodshed required. You should keep this in mind before you open that wide mouth of yours. I expect as much from Cofty, not from you.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You and your friends are deluded on this one. Christian's don't kill, they GET killed, keep that in mind.

History proves otherwise. In addition, many posters on this very thread have made threats against atheists, physical threats that have included warnings death.

Keep that in mind as you try to re-write history.

• tec
    tec

Its easier to dismiss your opponent as - angry and hateful than to respond with intelligent and thoughtful refutations of their arguments.

Easy to dismiss them as not being free from cult thinking, or as being sycophantic, or as being gullible, irrational, unreasonable, a follower, etc.

You are using different words, and coming from a different angle, but it is the same thing that you are accusing of others.

As an ex-christian Sab, Strypes, Shelby, Tammy, Loz and Char view people like Qcmbr and I with the same attitude that JWs view apostates. Once you have decided that somebody is an enemy of your god then of course it is permissible to slander them as you see fit and even to pray for their demise and eternal torment. It is such a relief to no longer have to defend the indefensible.

I do not think this way. Not even remotely.

(And you are slandering (libeling - for the sake of EP) in this very comment. That one of these people has prayed for your demise and eternal torment.)

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit