The Stone the Builders Rejected

by sabastious 312 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Wow 5 years later.......same ole nonsense

• jgnat
    jgnat

Speaking as a moderator, I warn posters to refrain from bringing up history from other boards. As difficult as it may be, can we take posters at face value here?

Can we also stop attributing "anger" to posters who disagree with us?

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

my sympathies are with cofty on this thread. I'd like to know what tec has to say about all the denunciations being poured on him as she often seems to be fair and tolerant

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" Can we also stop attributing "anger" to posters who disagree with us?"

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

apart from what tec has to say the title of this thread is great "the stone that the builders rejected" but i haven't been able to understand much of your reasoning Sab as I tend to shy away from Revelation.

but the phrase itself is evocative of our own experiences of being rejected and turned to stone as it were which then means we are presented with the opportunity to become chief conerstones (at least in deciding our own lives)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Threads degenerating like this because of personal attacks sadden me greatly.

• tec
    tec

You mean the same Cofty who insults and belittles me for my faith? Calls me sycophantic, insults my intelligence, continues to toss the same tired - disciple of shelby - my way; and if I show him otherwise about my character, then I am mocked for being 'oh so clever'?

I am sure that Cofty in real life shows and has compassion for people, those children, as well as to his friends and family and loved ones. But here, he shows contempt not just toward faith, but toward people OF faith. Actual contempt. That is what is being responded to here. The strength of the internet is that we get to know what people really think... the weakness of the internet is that we don't get to have those words temepered by deeds that might smooth some of those differences over.

I am sorry that things do not seem as though they will be mended.

Peace,

tammy

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Tit for tat.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Can we also stop attributing "anger" to posters who disagree with us?

Jgnat, Occam's Razor doesn't apply here. Cofty's behavior on this forum has been atrocious, there is no other way to describe it. Attributing it to anger is a generous appraisal. Anyone who has been through both the Witnesses and the Born Agains will need heavy therapy. Men don't like asking for directions.

Tit for tat.

That's not an explanation for anything, oh wise one.

Threads degenerating like this because of personal attacks sadden me greatly.

People who watch abuse are experiencing it with the abuser. I understand why it troubles you, but you need to keep an open mind as to who the infracting parties truly are. Thowing your hands up in the air and yelling at everybody to get along isn't productive in the least bit.

-Sab

• jgnat
    jgnat

Imagine a man with a message who has knowledge to save the deluded from a life of misery and pain. He is compelled to share that message even if only a few accept it.

Now imagine two men, both equally convicted, who thinks the other is deluded.

It is wrong to attribute evil or anger as the motivating factor of either man...or woman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit