An experiment: Open House for Demons

by return of parakeet 119 Replies latest social entertainment

• AGuest
    AGuest
    aguest are you saying by your defintion you commincate with demons?

Depends on what you mean by "communicate", dear Unstop (peace to you!). If you mean the WTBTS definition, no, I don't communicate with demons. One of the gifts I have received, however, is hearing/discerning spirits (1 Corinthians 12:10). So, unlike many who only hear my Lord's voice, I hear many. Are they talking to me? Not necessarily, very rarely, actually. But spirits don't sleep like humans must... and so the spirit realm is VERY noisy. Folks "talk" there all the time; indeed, silence is not only a rare occurrence but a really big deal when it occurs (Revelation 8:1). And no, I'm not talking about hearing dead people - there isn't enough life in those in the World of the Dead (Sheol/Hades) to talk, heck, to even be conscious; they just sleep there... waiting.

"Communicating" with demons would, as I understand it, require me to have some kind of an interchange or discussion with them. Why? They have nothing to say of interest to me. They're discussing whatever it is they are discussing, which virtually never has anything to do with me. On the rare (and by rare, I mean, say, less than 5 times in my entire life, with the most of those occurring while I was leaving the WTBTS and trying to convince me to stay there - che'ah right... which is when I learned they really have absolutely NO power!), that one does address me, I am not only surprised... but I just simply tell it to be gone, move on, step off, kick rocks, poof!, etc.. Again, there is nothing it can say that is of interest to me. They are among those I consider "strangers"... and so I simply don't listen (John 10:5).

The thing that their leader has convinced many of... and used religion to do... is that he and they don't exist. Or that they are to be feared. Both are lies. They do exist but they're totally harmless... unless one GIVES them power over them. Which COULD occur if one engages in communicating with them without understanding how they work and what their motives are (Genesis 3:1-4; Luke 4:1-13).

I am not sharing this to say, "Oooh, ya'll better be careful! Ya'll might be playin' wit 'dem demons!" Not at all. I'm just saying, yes, they exist, no, they have no power (unless you give it to them), and just uttering an "invitation" is not what invokes them OR causes them to start playing "reindeer games" with one. If that were the case, every man, woman, and child would have to tape their mouths shut. Because ALL have said, even as toddlers, SOMETHING what would invoke them if that were true, even if only mimicking someone else. It's not that easy, though, and the TRUTH is that there is nothing TO fear. Indeed, fear can LEAD to them gaining power over one. Indeed, it is the NUMBER ONE "key" that grants them access. Because fear can prevent one from opposing them but instead allowing them further access to one's mind... and heart.

Do you mean I'm not "clean" enough to have a demon in my house?

Your paraphrasing is inaccurate, dear ROP (again, peace to you!) and mistates what I meant... and stated. Why would you do that? I mean, I get that you are trying to be humorous but do you not understand HOW it is that some are misled? Via attempts at humor and paraphrasing and stating one's own opinions as to these things... rather than what is TRUE? While misleading others may not be the intent, it is VERY often the result. Which is why I stick to the truth: that I don't INTEND to mislead another doesn't mean my comments won't necessarily DO so. What people glean from reading the WT should show us that.

Again, peace to both!

A doulos of Christ,

SA

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Shelby,

If what you are lecturing is true, there should be objective proof of it. It is such an extraordinary claim and runs against all proof to the contrary. I am not all knowing, however. Do you have anything to offer besides your posts? With all respect, many others also claim such contact. Sylvia Browne, John Edwards, the Long Island Medium. Many go to prison for fraud.

I don't believe people in the subway when they shout out what they are hearing. Rather, I feel very sorry for them. Honestly, despite my best intentions, I cannot dismiss it all together. This is when I acknowledge the fears of my childhood.

If spirits are out there, enquiring minds want to know. Imagination is not proof. This is not a claim that New Jersey is between NY and PA. If true, it could change the minds of every human on the planet. Christ was once human. It just seems that he would offer some proof.

Medieval art is not my favorite form. When I visit the galleries, there are plaques on the wall describing the various elements in the painting. People believed all sorts of crazy things back then. We know it was a legend, not truth.

Normally, people would just laugh but I did not find the Witness' claim of spirits to be funny. It is horrific.

May I ask what is so shabby and boring about human life that people need to make up more drama?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    If what you are lecturing is true,

Not playing this passive/aggressive game with you, madam. And I'm an not going to let you make false statements in your covert attempt to sway others' thinking. You, then, really need to get your head out of your proverbial academic hindparts - this is not a class and I am not lecturing (unlike you). I am speaking in the same way as I speak to people regularly... except using "proper" English (vs. "Ebonics/Patois"). If your comfort zone can't handle me, then stop stepping outside of it. Which apparently you do when you address me. Because I am going to respond when you do so, and do so in truth... without watering it down). And so long as you address me on the open board, then I will respond to you on the open board if I am compelled to... and in the manner I do. As I stated to you: I'm not going to change me... or what and how I post... for you. If that makes you uncomfortable then, again, please... leave me be.

there should be objective proof of it.

There is. Now, if others don't want to bother to CONSIDER such proof... on their own... whose fault is that?

It is such an extraordinary claim and runs against all proof to the contrary.

I disagree. It might run against SOME proof that SEEMS to be to the contrary... and sometimes not even then. That YOU say it does... and want others to believe that your credentials make your saying so credible is... doesn't make it so.

I am not all knowing, however.

I agree.

Do you have anything to offer besides your posts?

I do and have. Many times. On this very board. Gonna do it again, in a sec, right here.

With all respect, many others also claim such contact. Sylvia Browne, John Edwards, the Long Island Medium.

Yes. Others who claim to "hear." But, of course, YOU don't so they're wrong, too. Right? Not that I subscribe to what they SAY they hear being TRUE (I have no idea as it doesn't usually have anything to do with my Lord, the Father, those I know/love or me, so I really don't pay any attention). But apparently you are of the thinking that the majority of folks would agree with you... or that I should pay attention to what the majority say about this phenomenon. When I would point out that, apparently, quite a few people believe them... and if that's the case and they are the majority, then... YOU should be listening to THEM. Yes?

Many go to prison for fraud.

And should, if they are frauds. If they're charging money, seeking followers (so as to gain power/money), misleading others to commit crimes, etc., they most certain should go to prison. However, if they openly admit that (1) it's not their information, they're only an instrument, (2) they don't charge a dime, (3) they not asking ANYONE to believe, follow, or listen to THEM, (4) tell people NOT to, and (5) simply share for free (because the RECEIVED free)... I don't think you're going to find any way they fit into the description of a fraud. Since we both have studied what "fraud" is, I think you that what I state is true. If not, go back and review your notes.

I don't believe people in the subway when they shout out what they are hearing.

Exactly. Proof... right in your face. Even shouted out at you. And you don't believe it. Who's fault is that?

Rather, I feel very sorry for them.

No, you don't. You FEEL... fear. Because you're afraid of them. And so the only person you feel sorry for... is YOU. Sorry, that you have to "endure" such people, that they're mucking up your "perfect" view... with their presence and "noise." And that's part of the problem: the dishonesty. You can' t even face your OWN "reality"... yet, here you are trying to put down someone else's. Typical.

Honestly, despite my best intentions, I cannot dismiss it all together.

Of COURSE you can't. Because you KNOW it's real. You just don't WANT it to be, you and others... and so you make your OWN reality... by denying reality. That's why you and one or two others keep reading... and commenting as to... what I post. You want others to think you're caught up in "rubbernecking" a train crash when the TRUTH is that something calls to YOU. You don't LIKE it, don't WANT it to... but you can't turn away. Rather than admit that, however, that something IS "calling" to you... you ME to stop living MY reality. Ain't... gonna... happen.

This is when I acknowledge the fears of my childhood.

There is help out there for that. Yet, you're here. Rather than attacking others' reality... why not seek some reconciliation of your fears through, say, therapy? I will tell you why: because it's not going to change the reality. It will only give you tools and mantras to cover over/hide/deny the reality... but it won't make the reality go away. And you know it.

If spirits are out there, enquiring minds want to know.

Those that are TRULY inquiring... TRULY want to know... ask. Or at least look into it. They DON'T just blow off even scientific studies about it. Which apparently is okay for SOME folks to do... while cajoling others into doing so. That's called...hypocrisy. You know, calling upon people to read studies as to what YOU assert... but totally ignoring those as to what THEY assert? Binding heavy loads and putting burdens on others you yourself are not willing to bear/carry?

Imagination is not proof.

No, it isn't. This isn't imagination. Disney is imagination. Superman is imagination. Hercules is imagination. SpongeBob SqarePants is imagination. Rumplestiltskin is imagination. James Bond is imagination. We're not discussing any of those here.

This is not a claim that New Jersey is between NY and PA. If true, it could change the minds of every human on the planet.

No. It couldn't and wouldn't. Israel had the privilege of seeing 10 plagues, literally with their own eyes. How'd that work for THEIR minds? The people in first century Palestine saw all kinds of miracles take place right before THEIR eyes. How'd that work for THEIR minds? How'd that work for the One who showed them such? I'm thinking it didn't quite endear them to him. Well, not in the end. At first, the people had GREAT regard for him, even wanted to make him their king. And then what? Along come a handful of folks saying, "Oh, he has a demon... he IS a demon... he speaks BY the demons... he's mad... he's crazy... he's different... he's not LIKE us... if God were gonna show someone something He would use US... so HE's an imposter... anyone who believes/follows him is an apostate/heretic/lunatic... and must be stoned!"

And that's what you just don't get. All of your academic bravado aside, you're not saying ANYTHING different than those before you said. Nor are you DOING anything different.

Christ was once human.

And yet, there are those who deny that. In spite of the record, proof, etc.

It just seems that he would offer some proof.

He did, then, and does now (holy spirit). Again, how did that work for those people? Was it masses and masses who said, "Whoa, wait, this IS something different!"... or was it few? How is it working for folks now?

Seeing (with ones physical eyes) is NOT necessarily believing... and not seeing (with one's physical eyes) is not a reason to not believe. Physically blind people believe the sky is blue... although they may have never seen so for themselves. Say what? Say they believe because OTHERS tell them it's blue... others who've seen it? Well, others tell YOU that they've seen and heard spirit beings... yet, you doubt.

Medieval art is not my favorite form. When I visit the galleries, there are plaques on the wall describing the various elements in the painting. People believed all sorts of crazy things back then. We know it was a legend, not truth.

I am sure you have a point. I'm not sure it works here. Very little in medieval art, if anything, accurately depicts ANYTHING related to God, Christ, spirit beings, etc. Virtually ALL of it is influenced by the teachings of the RCC/GOC, etc.

Normally, people would just laugh but I did not find the Witness' claim of spirits to be funny. It is horrific.

And that's my point: try as you MIGHT to rid yourself of these realities... ensconce yourself in academia... enmesh yourself in the world... envelope yourself with "safer" beliefs... you can't deny this particular reality. It is only still "horrific" to you because you have not... because you CANNOT... deny the reality. Nor should you. What you need to do is face it... see that it ISN'T horrific, that there really is nothing TO fear... yet, you don't have to shake off the reality in order to leave off the fear.

You chide me for being "backward." I don't fear demons. Nor do I deny them. I accept their existence, but not the myth of their control/fearsomeness. Because I know the first to be TRUE... and the second to be a LIE.

May I ask what is so shabby and boring about human life that people need to make up more drama?

May I ask... what is so fearful and dreadful... that people won't allow themselves to move past human arrogance and just consider that "we" are not ALL there "is"... and that the empirical limitations of our flesh is ALL we need to overcome to SEE the proof?

YOU claim to believe in Christ (well, I must assume that, given you repeated assertions of being a "christian"). HE is recorded to have said to Thomas:

"Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe." He also recorded to have said: "... the sheep hear/recognize/listen to his voice..." and "... the sheep follow him: for they know his voice..." and "I have other sheep which are not of this fold... and they will hear My voice..." and "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me..." In addition, HE is recorded to have spoken WITH demons (and they with him). Yet, you deny the TRUTH of that as well as his words. So, I ask YOU... On what do YOU base YOUR assertion that you're a christian? And why should I believe YOU? Where is YOUR "proof"?

A doulos of Christ,

SA

• cofty
    cofty
    I cannot share with you exactly HOW one can contract a demon - that would be absolutely unloving, given the risk for such to occur should one follow the information. - Shelby

You are so full of bullshit. Most of us no longer live in the Dark Ages.

There are no demons, no angels, no such things as spirits.

This life is the only one we will ever have. People like Shelby are determined to get people living as if this life was only a rehearsal - its not. She has as much insight to offer you as Fred Franz.

As CantLeave said this physical world is staggeringly, endlessly, deeply amazing.

Check out I Fucking Love Science for new things every day that will make you go wow!

I don't fear death, but I when the time comes I will be soooo pissed off about all the wonderful things I will never know.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

The biggest debunked "demon" thing is the ole hold em down trick.

There is a perfectly reasonable scientific explanation for it. It can be very scarey and feel real, but it has nothing to do with demons. So if you are one of the people here that thinks they have been held down, please do a little research on that.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Maybe the demons will tell me what color and pattern my shirt is since Jesus and God can't.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Basically Shelly you are saying that if the demons don't come when invited it is due to a lack of faith?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Anyone who still believes should show evidence--you will become millionaires--it's guaranteed!

The boring truth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69TOuqaqXI

• shamus100
    shamus100

I visited you three nights ago at 3:05 am, kitten. Did you see me?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I wasn't standing at attention for my health, Shamus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit