An experiment: Open House for Demons

by return of parakeet 119 Replies latest social entertainment

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Great video rebel!

I loved how it explained what being openminded really is.

• shamus100
    shamus100

EP,

You know as well as I do that it was all taken care of. "all".

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You still won't come hike the Applachian Trail with me.

• shamus100
    shamus100

And you won't climb in the himalayas with me this year so suck eggs. >:O

• AGuest
    AGuest
    You are so full of bullshit.

First, you wish that were so. If it were, if you truly THOUGHT it were... you wouldn't even bother to comment, let alone read. Second, that comment is why I have so much contempt for... oh, wait, I don't. You don't bother me enough to have it. You only bother me to the point of having pit... wait, no, I don't have that for you, either. Not because you don't deserve it from me... but I give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't need it, so...

Stop reading what I post, C... EP... and some of you others... and you won't be so... ummmm... disturbed. Surely, there are more interesting and "enlightening" posts on this board to capture your fancy. Why not limit yourselves to them and stop wasting your precious time reading what little ol' me posts? I mean, I don't waste a whole lotta time reading what YOU post... for that reason: life's just way too short. I spend mine on things... and with people... that interest me. You know, 'cause that's rational.

Basically Shelly you are saying that if the demons don't come when invited it is due to a lack of faith?

Oh, no, dear PP (peace to you!); I'm not saying that at ALL. I just stated that they don't come simply because someone whistles says, "Hey, you, demons! Come on over here!" Just doesn't work like that.

Anyone who still believes should show evidence--you will become millionaires--it's guaranteed

Not trying to be "disagreeable" dear Reb (peace to you, as well!), but actually the opposite is true. Mankind makes millionaires out of those who offer absolutely NO evidence. In contrast, they tend to stone/hang/burn at the stake/crucify/commit those who do show some.

A doulos of Christ,

SA

• mP
    mP

Its strange how demons are supposedly bad, but they never do bad things like pedophilia, they just dont obey YHWH.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Parakeet:

Do you mean I'm not "clean" enough to have a demon in my house?

Aguest: Your paraphrasing is inaccurate, dear ROP (again, peace to you!) and mistates what I meant... and stated. Why would you do that? I mean, I get that you are trying to be humorous but do you not understand HOW it is that some are misled? Via attempts at humor and paraphrasing and stating one's own opinions as to these things... rather than what is TRUE? While misleading others may not be the intent, it is VERY often the result. Which is why I stick to the truth ....

So not only am I not "clean" enough for demons, I'm not truthful enough either? I understand you're speaking from a position of absolute belief, but come on, Shelby.

You're arguing that if demons show up, you're vindicated. And if demons don't show up, you're still vindicated, because I'm either too flippant or not worthy enough. Your reasoning smacks of WTS-like thinking. If dubs are not persecuted, their evangelistic work is being rewarded by God. If they are persecuted, it's proof that God is allowing their faith to be tested. They refuse to consider any other reasonable explanations.

Either there are demons or there are not. Anything other than first-hand experience will not convince me they exist.

Parakeet.

(Day 3 will commence at midnight EST. Here, little demons. Come prove that Shelby's beliefs are true. If you show up, I'll maked devilled ham sandwiches for you. )

• AGuest
    AGuest
    So not only am I not "clean" enough for demons, I'm not truthful enough either? I understand you're speaking from a position of absolute belief, but come on, Shelby.

It is not about what I believe, dear ROP (again, peace to you!) but what is true. And bad spirits require neither that you be clean or truthful. They just require that you be truly willing. Unfortunately, willingness is not always a product of knowledge... or cognizance.

You're arguing that if demons show up, you're vindicated. And if demons don't show up, you're still vindicated, because I'm either too flippant or not worthy enough.

I'm "arguing" nothing. And neither have anything to do with it. I just wondered why you would paraphrase... while giving the impression of being "serious" about the matter.

Your reasoning smacks of WTS-like thinking. If dubs are not persecuted, their evangelistic work is being rewarded by God. If they are persecuted, it's proof that God is allowing their faith to be tested. They refuse to consider any other reasonable explanations.

I'm sorry but I don't see it as the same at all because, again, I'm not "arguing" anything. I wondered why you would paraphrase what I stated to suit YOUR statement of it, when that is not what I stated... or meant... at all. Again, I understand how some believe "humor" and such to make them appear knowing and smart... but it's actually a form of deceit. "I don't really know, so I'll make a joke and make it LOOK like I do."

Either there are demons or there are not.

There are demons, absolutely. Indeed, there are both good and bad spirits (daemons). The bad, which tend to be jealous of and the so exploit those of mankind who allow them to... are traditionally referred to as "demons."

Anything other than first-hand experience will not convince me they exist.

But see, dear ROP... no one is suggesting that anything OTHER than that SO convince you. But if you're unwilling to, say, EXERCISE faith and put it to the test AS TO YOU... then you CAN'T ever be so convinced. Right?

(Day 3 will commence at midnight EST. Here, little demons. Come prove that Shelby's beliefs are true. If you show up, I'll maked devilled ham sandwiches for you. )

Yet, see, if I share with you that it doesn't work that way... and you CHOOSE to ignore than truth... are you truly proven right, in the end? Or are you just proven right as to what your beliefs... and that of others' who believe similsarly... says to begin with? If a scientist says to you, "You can't gauge the contents of the atmosphere by gauging the tide... is it such one's fault when your "test" that gauges the tide (if that) DOESN'T measure the atmosphere?

A doulos of Christ,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

If a scientist says to you, "You can't gauge the contents of the atmosphere by gauging the tide... is it such one's fault when your "test" that gauges the tide (if that) DOESN'T measure the atmosphere?

Actually, you can gaugue the atmosphere using the tide. Wind can stress the tide and there is an inverse relationship between atmospheric pressure and tide height, for one. Also, tide water will contain contents of the atmosphere so you can measure that to figure out the makeup of the atmosphere.

I loved how it explained what being openminded really is.

I know, Mrs. J. Qualiasoup's videos are really top notch.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    What about the atmosphere and the tide are you measuring?

You're asking the wrong person: I'm not measuring anything. The tally is already in, as far as I'm concerned.

A doulos of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit