An experiment: Open House for Demons

by return of parakeet 119 Replies latest social entertainment

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Next time you forget your shopping list at the grocery store you should try checking the contents of your kitchen remotely and see what you need.

No need. Derren Brown teaches you how to never forget a single item from your shopping list ever again in his book Tricks Of The Mind :)

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It seems that only one other posters is still frightened of them. They do not exist! I have the electric bills to prove I don't believe they exist.

Sometimes I tell friends that altho I know better, I am scared stiff. They laugh so hard. I am afraid.

Does anyone here have any suggestions to not be afraid- when you know it is a strategy to make you behave in a cult.

Evangelical Christians often believe in their existence. They are not concerned b/c Jesus can rebuke them. You can rebuke them yourself. The Witnesses, however, preach you will be attacked if you are good and attacked if you are bad.

C.S. Lewis in The Screwtape Letters made mockery of demons. It is so funny. He argues that believing their power makes them stronger. I highly recommend the book to any former Witness. Lewis uses letters from a senior demon to his nephew demon in the field. I felt so much less frightened reading the book. It is a classic.

I love the humor.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

You'd better read that invitation out loud. It's well known that demons can't read.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

For cantleave: Thanks for the "Paranormality" suggestion. I'm past the out-of-body part (didn't try it; will later) and into how mediums, fortune-tellers, etc., use psychology to fool the rest of us. I'm also discovering, as Wiseman did in his book, that the experiment is not as intriguing as the posters' responses to it have been.

For anyone interested, it'll soon be two days into my demon experiment. The only amazing thing that's happened so far is that a mature bald eagle flew over my house today. That's my second local sighting in less than a year. I'm hoping they'll nest nearby. Nesting season starts about now in my area.

Other than that, everything's been boringly normal.

5+ days and counting.

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

Ah, but perhaps the demons did come, whisked parakeet to the netherworld, and have now used their mind control abilities to gain access to his password and post on JWN under his account, lulling others into a false sense of security about their non-existence. Those sneaky devils...

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Steve_C: Ah, but perhaps the demons did come, whisked parakeet to the netherworld ...

That means the experiment is a success! Yay!

Wait, could I have typed that statement if I'm under demon control?

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

If you really want to contact the demons start burning incense for a few months i dont know what it is about incense but weird things happen to me when i use to burn it.It's funny cause some of the worst hold downs i use to have was when i was in my parents jw home. You be careful about what you wish parakeet,not saying ...i dont know what im saying i just know i have had some weird experiences be it demons or other beings i dont know but something is out there.........be careful.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

20yearfader,

I often burn incense; love the aroma, but I've never had anything "strange" happen. Did you buy your incense at a yard sale? The dubs say that's a sure-fire way to bring demons into your home. Not working for me so far.

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

i use to buy the gonesh ones that come in a gold wrapper.prehaps you might want to do an internet search on haunted places around you and investigate.They don't respond all the times to our calls we are only flesh we command nothing but good luck,becareful what you wish for....

• cantleave
    cantleave

The only amazing thing that's happened so far is that a mature bald eagle flew over my house today.

Who needs the "supernatural" when the natural is incredible enough?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit