An experiment: Open House for Demons

by return of parakeet 119 Replies latest social entertainment

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

I feel cheated that never, not once, as a dub or as a ex-dub, did I experience the presence, manifestation, or just-things-flying-around, of demons. Not so much as a teacup levitating from its saucer. No inexplicable cold spots. Not even, and this I take personally, a case of unwarranted heebie-jeebies. Dubs seem to enjoy their demon stories so much, that I feel left out of what arguably could be the most exciting thing that ever happens in their otherwise drab dub lives.

Therefore, I'm going to conduct an experiment. For one week, I'm holding an open house for any demon who cares to pop in. If the dubs are correct, I should have a busy week.

Here is my invitation: As of 12:00am EST, January 18, I hereby call upon any demon, devil, anti-christ, ghost, apparition, shade, or garden-variety otherworldly evil creature, to prove your existence to me. Unlike God, who says I cannot put him to the test, you guys are just drooling for a chance to reveal yourselves in all your unholy glory, or so I've been told.

You already know my address. I'll leave the Keurig coffee machine on all night, as that seems to be your favored visitation time. Help yourselves. There's decaf for the poltergeists.

For those who prefer to reveal themselves through physical objects, you can rest assured that there are many items in my home that I've acquired over the years from garage/yard/tag sales. Please note, however, that I'm very fond of my seashell-framed mirror. Leave that alone unless there's no other way, and even then, just crack the glass. I can have that replaced.

This invitation is only good for one week. I trust that's enough time to work a brief visit into your busy schedules.

I look forward to your visit(s) and hope to chat with you about the many questions I have about God, the nature of reality, and the universe.

Infernally yours,

Parakeet.

(To JWN posters, I'll give you an update in one week to tell you how things worked out.)

• cantleave
    cantleave

Alternatively, read paranormality by Professor Richard Wiseman!

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Thanks for the suggestion, cantleave, but I've done enough reading about demons (more than enough, actually. Thank you, WTS). I want some first-hand experience. It would be like reading about chocolate and never getting to taste it.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I am going to Pray for God to bind the demons from contacting you so you will never know for sure. HAHA Touche! I have entered you in prayer circles from NYC to Hong Kong, praying for you.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Be careful, Cagefighter. If the demons don't show up, my next invitation will be to God to explain why he didn't let the demons visit. If you turn out to be the reason, there will be hell to pay.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Unless you have a great imagination you maybe very disappointed!

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Disappointment in the failure to prove a hypothesis is what scientific experimentation is all about, cantleave. If the demons don't show, I'll have to discard the old hypothesis and formulate a new one. But thanks for your concern.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You REALLY should read paranormality, he puts in some great experiments you can do yourself. I tried the out of body experience, it was groovy!

I remember as a teenager willing a gorgeous demonette to come and take my virginity - that was a real disappointment

As another experiment try getting an Ouija Board to work without any human contact. It's amazing how nothing happens without ideomotor movement.

Anyway good luck!

BTW if you meet the Devil, send him my regards, and tell him I still can't play like Jimmy Page, despite what he said,

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

What if some Witnesses come to your door this week?

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Since you insist, cantleave, I will download "Paranormality" to my Kindle tonight. I wouldn't mind an out-of-body experience once in a while. Sounds refreshing.

And I will be pleased to give your regards to the Devil (if he shows) and repeat what you said. Perhaps you didn't promise him enough in exchange for Jimmy-Page-like talent.

Please excuse me for a few hours. I have to make dinner, and then get the coffee things ready for the demons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit