An experiment: Open House for Demons

by return of parakeet 119 Replies latest social entertainment

• jam
    jam

You know what, I think demons wrote the Bible, just

to confuse mankind, have a good laugh. Who,s the one

that is scaring the crap out of people in the Bible, God.

If a ass talk to me that,s scary.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I honestly, sincerely, hope that people who still believe in (and are fearful of) the JW-style DEMONS are in the very very small fringe minority of the ex-JW community.

I view this fetish with "demon invasion, infestation, possesion, and attack" as the JW version of snake-handling or speaking in tongues.

It is simply just that childish, superstitious, and ignorant.

• perfect1
    perfect1

I suspect there may be malicious spirit entities.

But that is a minor part of my life.

Unlike some people in my family, who feel constantly tormented and in fear of demon influence. For the JW the world, life itself is truly terrifying. Even God is not really on your side. ( I dont believe in God, BTW).

• Mary
    Mary
    jameswood said: I honestly, sincerely, hope that people who still believe in (and are fearful of) the JW-style DEMONS are in the very very small fringe minority of the ex-JW community.

I believe that there is probably some nasty spirits out there, but I don't have the holy terror of them that I did as a Witness. Witnesses are taught that there's a freaking demon in anything and everything, just waiting to trip you up so you don't get those hours in on your field serve-us report everything month.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It wasn't arrogance, EP - it was love. It isn't a matter of "I can know but YOU can't." It is a matter of "I know... and my Lord knows I wish I didn't... and I would NEVER wish such knowledge on ANY other person, whether friend OR 'enemy.' Whatever feelings I have for such a one, it does NOT warrant that."

Please stop draping your insults in the name of love. It's rather boring.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Any action yet? (No, I have not read the entire thread?)

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Please stop draping your insults in the name of love.

Please stop trying to act like you know what love looks/sounds like/is. You obviously don't.

A doulos of Christ,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Please stop trying to act like you know what love looks/sounds like/is. You obviously don't.

More personal attacks? I know that's your go-to rebuttal when your argument is indefensible, but it seems to getting a bit more a workout than usual these days.

Why am I not suprised....

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Mary: Witnesses are taught that there's a freaking demon in anything and everything, just waiting to trip you up ...

That's the presumption underlying the invitation of demons into my home. Dubs claim they're everywhere, just itching for the chance to make someone's life a living hell. That's why I'm not seeking out mediums, haunted houses, or other supposed venues to the supposed underworld. My open invitation alone should be like a dream-come-true for them, if dubs are to be believed.

Some posters on this thread are claiming that a pure and absolute belief in demons is a necessary prerequisite to having them pay one a visit. But why would that be needed? If the essence of demons is evil, it stands to reason that an open invitation to them must be irresistable, whether you believe in them or not.

I should be their most favorite person in the whole wide world.

Parakeet.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

It's been over a week since my initial invitation to all demons great and small.

My home has remained free of anything that goes bump in the night. My person has not been contacted, attacked or possessed.

My coffee has remained undrunk, except by me.

I know this proves little to believers. But I decided to try anyway in the tiny hope that any lurking dubs, who may have shuddered when they read about my demon experiment, will have their eyes opened just a bit by the fact that the most tempting demon bait I could devise -- my open invitation of my home and myself -- failed to produce any kind of paranormality.

Honestly, dubs, the next time you hear another demon story, check it out. Do a bit of research. It won't kill you. Last time I looked, the WT didn't print the full names of those supposedly attacked by demons. Why? So you can't check it out!

Demons in the 21st century. Good grief.

Parakeet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit