Have You Prepared For The "Flu" And Do You Get A Flu Shot?

by minimus 191 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

I could not find the quote mentioned in the CNN article from any of the links provided. I did find a copy of the article quoted in www.vaccinationnews.com, whose mandate in part states:

Vaccination News is not against an informed parent choosing to vaccinate his or her child. Vaccination News is against bad science being used to justify forcing parents to vaccinate. It is against bad science being used to convince a parent to vaccinate. And it is against a parent, any parent, being forced to do something that has even a remote chance of harming their child. (Emphasis mine).

From the longer CNN article I found:

"I have received e-mails after people hear me encourage people to get the influenza vaccine, and they tell me I'm part of some sort of pharmacy company conspiracy and that I'm compromised by them. But influenza vaccines are not real blockbuster money-making drugs," Shaffner said.

"If I could take some of these skeptics and bring them to the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices meeting, they would see how carefully the members debate these issues -- and it really is all for the benefit of the children and adults to prevent infectious diseases." (Schaffner is from Vanderbilt University and was on the committee recommending universal vaccination in the US)

Let's talk about chance. Car seats for infants and children is pretty well accepted. Are they 100% safe? Not really. Nevertheless, c hild safety seats reduce the risk of death in passenger cars by 71% for infants, and by 54% for toddlers ages 1 to 4 years. (CDC) This is an example of relative risk.

I say the danger of illness and death from the flu is much higher than from an immunization shot.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Hmmmmm....not sure why you can't find the quote from the link. It's the very first paragraphs in the article. I fiddled with posting the link a bit... hope this works

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/17/health/flu-vaccine-policy/?hpt=he_c1#cnn-disqus-area

and the WHO link is in blue in the body of the article.

Coffee of the technically challenged class

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Jgnat,

What do you think of the World Health Organization's position on "priority Population" immunization? Why do you think the rest of the world isn't as intent on getting the entire population immunized? Hope the link works for you now.

Coffee

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Jgnat,

What do you think of the World Health Organization's position on "priority Population" immunization? Why do you think the rest of the world isn't as intent on getting the entire population immunized?

If you had read the WHO's report you would (hopefully) have noticed that it was making recommendations for countries with less medical/economic resources, which means they need to prioritize their populations to best allocate those scarce resources.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Justitia said

If you had read the WHO's report you would (hopefully) have noticed that it was making recommendations for countries with less medical/economic resources, which means they need to prioritize their populations to best allocate those scarce resources.

Yes, I did notice.... but it is not all about resources. Not a single European Country shares the level of promotion of immunization. The WHO doesn't just make recommendations for poor countries.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/17/health/flu-vaccine-policy/?hpt=he_c1#cnn-disqus-area

From above link:

"That's because global health experts say the data aren't there yet to support this kind of blanket vaccination policy, nor is there enough money. In fact, some scientists say the enthusiasm for mass vaccination in the United States may hurt efforts to create a better vaccine."

Coffee

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Had it this year already. Didn't get the flu shot and don't intend to. My two sisters work in health care and both had their shots - both got really sick with the flu. Some area's are under quarantine. Half the people at work were very sick and most had the shot. Took me three weeks to get completely over it. They just came out yesterday and announced a report from Alberta that claims this years shot is at best 50% effective - they are hard at work trying to improve on that. I lean toward the belief that people in some countries get get too many vaccines without giving it a lot of thought. Just my opinion. sammiesiwfe

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Not a single European Country shares the level of promotion of immunization.

Other European countries do not promote vaccines to the same level because they have national healthcare systems.

The flu vaccine is universally recommmended for those with chronic health conditions, including asthma and diabetes. In the U.S., the incidence of those two diseases and their sequelae are very high among the uninsured, both middle income and poor. However, when the uninsured experience complications related to the flu that are often compounded by these underlying conditions, they for obvious reasons delay seeking treatment and often end up at the ER with serious complications. Emergency rooms are required by EMTALA to stabilize patients, and most hospitals will also treat them. This form of medical managment is extremely expensive, and the costs will mostly be born by the federal government.

In countries with national healthcare, citizens can seek treatment for complications related to the flu before they turn into larger medical emergencies and when they are less expensive to treat. In sum, the economic consequences to U.S. for a flu epidemic will be much greater than the economic consequences to a country with national healthcare. Ergo, it makes sense for the U.S. to seek to vaccinate more of the herd than their European counterparts.

• maisha
    maisha

sounds like you are a WHO & CDC LACKY JgNat... lol

You dont need the FLU SHOT!.

simply,, if you feel the flu coming,, Eat an Onion, you can add a bit of salt for taste, but basically cut it into pieces and eat a golf ball amount of onion,

You flu symptoms will be gone if not within an hour ,, you wil wake up next morning clear...

No Risk, No vaccine..... They got every one so scared, and they dont want you tro know simple remidies that work

try it,, it works!

• maisha
    maisha

Before you get the flu shot or any vaccine Get Your Doctor to Fill Out this and SIGN IT...

IF THEY DONT WANT TO DO SO ASK YOURSELF WHY NOT?.

Physician’s Warranty of Vaccine Safety
    I (Physician’s name, degree)_________________________, _____________ am a physician
    licensed to practice medicine in the State of ________________. My State license number is
    ______________, and my DEA number is _______________. My medical specialty is
    ________________________. I have a thorough understanding of the risks and benefits of all
    the medications that I prescribe for or administer to my patients. In the case of (Patient’s name)
    ___________________________, age _________, whom I have examined, I find that certain
    risk factors exist that justify the recommended vaccinations. The following is a list of said risk
    factors and the vaccinations that will protect against them:
    Risk Factor __________________________________________________________
    Vaccination __________________________________________________________
    I am aware that vaccines typically contain many of the following fillers:
    aluminum hydroxide aluminum phosphate
    ammonium sulfate amphotericin B
    calf (bovine) serum animal tissues: pig blood, horse blood, rabbit
    brain, dog kidney, monkey kidney, chick
    embryo, chicken egg, duck egg
    betapropiolactone fetal bovine serum
    formaldehyde formalin
    gelatin glycerol
    human diploid cells (originating from
    human aborted fetal tissue)
    hydrolized gelatin
    mercury thimerosol (thimerosal,
    Merthiolate(r))
    monosodium glutamate (MSG)
    neomycin neomycin sulfate
    phenol red indicator phenoxyethanol (antifreeze)
    potassium diphosphate potassium monophosphate
    polymyxin B polysorbate 20
    polysorbate 80 porcine (pig) pancreatic hydrolysate of casein
    residual MRC5 proteins sorbitol
    tri(n)butylphosphate VERO cells, a continuous line of monkey
    kidney cells
    washed sheep red blood
    and, hereby, warrant that these ingredients are safe for injection into the body of my patient. I
    have researched reports to the contrary, such as reports that mercury thimerosol causes severe
    neurological and immunological damage, and find that they are not credible.
    I am aware that some vaccines have been found to have been contaminated with Simian
    Virus 40 (SV 40) and that SV 40 is causally linked by some researchers to non-Hodgkin’s
    lymphoma and mesotheliomas in humans as well as in experimental animals.
    I hereby warrant that the vaccines I employ in my practice do not contain SV 40 or any other
    live viruses. (Alternately, I hereby warrant that said SV-40 virus or other viruses pose no
    substantive risk to my patient.)
    I hereby warrant that the vaccines I am recommending for the care of (Patient’s name)
    ___________________________________ do not contain any tissue from aborted human babies
    (also known as “fetuses”).
    In order to protect my patient’s well being, I have taken the following steps to guarantee that
    the vaccines I will use will contain no damaging contaminants.
    STEPS TAKEN: ______________________________________________________________
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    I have personally investigated the reports made to the VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event
    Reporting System) and state that it is my professional opinion that the vaccines I am
    recommending are safe for administration to a child under the age of 5 years.
    The bases for my opinion are itemized on Exhibit A, attached hereto, — “Physician’s Bases
    for Professional Opinion of Vaccine Safety.” (Please itemize each recommended vaccine
    separately along with the bases for arriving at the conclusion that the vaccine is safe for
    administration to a child under the age of 5 years.)
    The professional journal articles I have relied upon in the issuance of this Physician’s
    Warranty of Vaccine Safety are itemized on Exhibit B , attached hereto, — “Scientific Articles
    in Support of Physician’s Warranty of Vaccine Safety.”
    The professional journal articles that I have read which contain opinions adverse to my
    opinion are itemized on Exhibit C , attached hereto, — “Scientific Articles Contrary to
    Physician’s Opinion of Vaccine Safety.”
    The reasons for my determining that the articles in Exhibit C were invalid are delineated in
    Attachment D , attached hereto, — “Physician’s Reasons for Determining the Invalidity of
    Adverse Scientific Opinions.”
    Hepatitis B
    I understand that 60 percent of patients who are vaccinated for Hepatitis B will lose
    detectable antibodies to Hepatitis B within 12 years. I understand that in 1996 only 54 cases of
    Hepatitis B were reported to the CDC in the 0-1 year age group. I understand that in the VAERS,
    there were 1,080 total reports of adverse reactions from Hepatitis B vaccine in 1996 in the 0-1
    year age group, with 47 deaths reported.
    I understand that 50 percent of patients who contract Hepatitis B develop no symptoms after
    exposure. I understand that 30 percent will develop only flu-like symptoms and will have
    lifetime immunity. I understand that 20 percent will develop the symptoms of the disease, but
    that 95 percent will fully recover and have lifetime immunity.
    I understand that 5 percent of the patients who are exposed to Hepatitis B will become
    chronic carriers of the disease. I understand that 75 percent of the chronic carriers will live with
    an asymptomatic infection and that only 25 percent of the chronic carriers will develop chronic
    liver disease or liver cancer, 10-30 years after the acute infection. The following scientific
    studies have been performed to demonstrate the safety of the Hepatitis B vaccine in children
    under the age of 5 years.
    factors, I have recommended other non-vaccine measures to protect the health of my patient and
    have enumerated said non-vaccine measures on Exhibit D, attached hereto, “Non-vaccine
    Measures to Protect Against Risk Factors” I am issuing this Physician’s Warranty of Vaccine
    Safety in my professional capacity as the attending physician to (Patient’s name)
    __________________________________________. Regardless of the legal entity under which
    I normally practice medicine, I am issuing this statement in both my business and individual
    capacities and hereby waive any statutory, Common Law, Constitutional, UCC, international
    treaty, and any other legal immunities from liability lawsuits in the instant case. I issue this
    document of my own free will after consultation with competent legal counsel whose name is
    _____________________________________________________, an attorney admitted to the
    Bar in the State of ________________________________________________________.
    ______________________________________________ (Name of Attending Physician)
    _________________________________________ L.S. (Signature of Attending Physician)
    Signed on this _______ day of ______________ A.D. _____________________
    Witness: ________________________________ Date: _____________________
    Notary Public: ___________________________ Date: ______________________

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Welp, Maisha wins the contest for most absurd posts in this thread.

Guess what? Eating an onion does nothing absolutely nothing to cure the flu. Guess what? If you 'feel' the flu coming that means the virii are already doing their thing. That onion won't do a thing.

That form you posted must have been from an email chain, right?

FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW: WHAT YOU DOCTOR AND BIG PHARMA DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW HAVE YOUR DOCTOR SEE THIS FORM AND LEARN THE TRUTH ABOUT VACCINES.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit