I think people have a right to determine if they want to have a substance injected into them on an annual basis and that is not a guarantee of good health. Nobody knows how they will react and there are thousands of people who have reactions from the shots - some severe and debilitating and disabling and some causing death. Last report stated that at least half of all doctors and nurses refuse a flu shot and the push is on to get them injected as a PR campaign. I think if a person feels fine getting one they should but for those that look to stay healthy and choose not to get one, then I think that is their right. When even doctors and scientists can't agree on whether all the vaccines are safe or necessary - I think it's pretty well up to each individual to decide for themselves and their families. sammieswife
BeWellBuzz) We were surprised by the overwhelming response for our “10 Reasons Why Flu Shots Are More Dangerous Than a Flu” article. Thanks for your comments – we are glad to know that the article was beneficial for most of you.
Some of you expressed your concerns over the authenticity of facts in the article, so we made it a point to cite more research studies conducted over the last one year to prove that flu shots are dangerous:
1) Sanofi Pasteur’s Fluzone High-Dose is a new influenza vaccine created in 2010 for people over 65 years of age. Even though the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) insists that the vaccine is as safe as any other seasonal vaccine, the fact is that the shot is replete with side effects like pain, redness and swelling at the injection site, headache, muscle aches, fever, and malaise.
All the listed negative symptoms were observed during clinical studies for Fluzone High-Dose.
2) The CDC says that the 2011-2012 flu vaccine may also have the same side effects the 2010-2011 vaccines had. These include soreness, redness, tenderness, or swelling where the shot is administered and nasal congestion after the flu vaccine nasal spray.
3) The 2009 package insert for Novartis’ Monovalent Vaccine which was leaked on the internet created a huge uproar. Why? Because, its side effects, as stated on the insert, include: Guillain-Barre Syndrome, anaphylactic shock, vasculitis, and get this- death.
This finding backed two studies conducted in 2007 and 2009, of which the latter found that out of every million people diagnosed with flu, between 40 and 70 developed Guillain-Barre after getting the shot. However, this information didn’t stop Government health officials from pushing the vaccine into the market in 2010 and 2011.
4) In December of 2010, however, the flu vaccine formulated specifically for children between the ages of 6 months and 5 years old was found to be causing a higher than normal incidence of febrile seizures
5) In February 2010, The World Health Organization (WHO) reported that 12 countries had recorded a possible link between the development of narcolepsy, a chronic nervous system disorder that makes people uncontrollably fall asleep, and the H1N1 vaccine. Finland, was one of those countries who openly admitted that the swine flu vaccine “conclusively” causes narcolepsy. The Finnish government acknowledged that link and said that would pay for “lifetime medical care” for 79 children who have been irreparably damaged by the swine flu vaccine. Narcolepsy wasn’t the only side effect admitted to be caused by swine flu vaccines: 76 of the 79 children also suffered hallucinations and “paralyzing physical collapses”.
6) A series of miscarriages were recorded in the US after June 2010 due to the H1N1 vaccination. Hundreds of cases were reported across the country, and most miscarriages took place within days of the vaccination.
7) Dr. Hugh Fudenberg, a world renowned immunogeneticist announced that you have a ten-fold increased chance of Alzheimer’s after receiving five flu shots. That’sten times more likelythan no flu shots or one, not ten percent more likely.
8) In 2010 Australia baned flu vaccines in children. Vaccinated children were going into convulsions, began vomiting or exhibiting dangerously high levels of fever.
9) A study published in the Cochrane Systematic Review in 2010 stated that there was no scientific evidence to prove that regular or seasonal flu shots protect people over the age of 65. The study concluded: “Evidence for the safety and efficacy of influenza vaccines in the over 65 is poor, despite the fact that vaccination has been recommended for the prevention of influenza in older people for the past 40 years.”
10) A study conducted by The Lancet in 2010 brought out some startling revelations about the effectiveness of flu shots. The study involved a control group of 13,095 adults who were not vaccinated. The group was monitored to see if participants had been infected by the influenza virus, but 97% remained unaffected.
Only 2.7% or 357 people in the non-vaccinated group ended up contracting the virus. Of the group of adults who were vaccinated with a trivalent inactivated influenza shot, only 1.2% did not catch the flu. The difference between the two outcomes is that the flu vaccine only prevents the flu in 1.5 out of every 100 adults injected with the flu shot not 60% as you’ve been told.
Despite such studies and findings, you still have millions of Americans rushing to stand in line for annual flu shots. In 2010, 130.9 million people got the flu shot- an increase of 8 million people from 2009.