just support please

by Roberta804 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

huge big hugs to you, what a tough time you are going through!

My only suggestion would be ask yourself: What would mum want? and what decision will you be able to live with?

Hope things work out peacefully for you, whatever you decide, you certainly have all the support in the world here

Lots of love

Sky xx

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I am so sorry to hear of your painful situation, you sound like a wonderful daughter. Your mum must be very proud of you, it sounds like you're doing your best to cope during a really stressful time. Thinking of you.

Loz x

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

A comment, Roberta, about hospice. WE could have easily cared for my mom at home till the end. She chose hospice. I wish she wouldn't have, because it lent an element of the impersonal into her final days. I think you actually have a privilege to be there in your own home with her now. But I"m glad you have hospice coming. I don't know what it's like where you are, but I hope you are receiving as much support possible from them.

The time you spend easing your mom's way out of this world is no different than the time she spent in labour bringing you into this world. It's a privilege and a gift that you can see her through to the end. Keep strong. You have many of us sharing your burden and extending our hands and hearts.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I wish you strength and peace as you go through this situation, with you mom and JW family. As the caretaker, as has been said throughout this thread, you have every right to set some parameters. It's really strange at first to see a loved one off, a whole range of emotions and memories flood through our brains. But I have come to realize it is a privilege since going through this with my mother. Concentrate on your mom, and the actions to take with others will become clear.

Take good care.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

here for you, Roberta

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

As a pediatric hospice nurse for several years and a family member of 4 persons who used hospice I cannot tell you how invaluable their help was. As a hospice nurse we focused not only on the needs of the patient but those of the family. I have never worked with more a more caring group of healthcare workers. I am so sorry Roberta and my thoughts are with you and your mom right now. I hope you both receive the love, support and respect you both deserve during this very difficult time.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

((((((((((((((((((((((((((Roberta)))))))))))))))))))))))))) (((((((((((((((((((((((((((Your Mom))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Dear Roberta, You are the best daughter. To have a beloved one, help you at your most helpless time. That is true love.

Just Lois

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Roberta, my thoughts are with you as you go through this rough time in both you and your Mother's life. You are a very loving Daughter for being there in your Mother's final days, and I bet that she is truly appreciative of all that you are doing to keep her comfortable. Please be sure to look after your own physical and emotional health too so that you will stay healthy and strong.

I wish you and your Mother peace.

• gorgia
    gorgia

Roberta,

How fortunate you are to be supporting your mother during her passing in your own home. When my father was dying, he was in a hospice for a short amount of time, & here I had a small degree of influence, (taping a letter above his bed for all his relatives - jw & non-jw - to read, asking them to stop arguing over his bed), but when they brought him back to his home I had no power at all to stop the jw-influence from contaminating this precious time I had with my father.

You've already been incredibly strong, IMO. Your mother must be very proud of you.

I will be thinking of you,

gorgia

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Now is a time to be strong. We looked after my dad till his last breath. I also considered it an honour and priviledge. Something that you should keep in mind, if she can still communicate, is her wishes. She should decide who she wants to see or not. But you are right, it's your house and you set the boundaries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit