just support please

by Roberta804 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caliber
    caliber

Try some music... play songs and music that your mother loved... music will be soothing to you both

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdmH6qkTcd0

Never Think Hard about PAST,
    It brings Tears...
    Don't Think more about FUTURE,
    It brings Fears...
    Live this Moment with a Smile,
    It brings Cheers!!!!

Light scented candles .........appeal to all senses

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Roberta - I went through this with my mom just this past June. I stayed with her pretty much every moment in the hospice for the final week of her life. I considered it a privilege to take that difficult journey with her, to answer her needs and be at her side as she breathed her last. Being able to do that helped me find peace afterward and I'm sure it will do the same for you.

You need to make your own decisions regarding other family members, and others have already made some good suggestions. I tried to just put all the JW animosity and ugliness aside and we all gathered together around my mom when she took her last breath, holding her hand, telling her we loved her. Even though she could no longer speak during the final 24 hours, I think it gave her great comfort knowing all the people she loved were there. Death truly is the great equalizer.

Your situation is not the same as mine, but I do understand what you are feeling and going through right now. To as great an extent possible, take care of yourself and lean on the supports you do have. My heart is with you.

• clarity
    clarity

Caliber ...

ed this music.

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

Roberta where ever you are, good vibes are being sent to you & mom.

>

Been thru it and it feels as tho it will never end ... but it

soon does.

>

Afterward, you will hang on to the thoughts that you cared

and were there and did what needed to be done.

>

Roberta, dear........hang on & take care of your self.

clarity

• nugget
    nugget

I am so sorry to hear you are having this unecessary stress at a very difficult time. You are right to restrict access, if they do not know how to behave appropriately to you then there is also no guarantee they will know how to behave towards a dying woman. Unfortunaely JWs do not know how to apologise. I havre experienced something similar in my own family and it is incredibly frustrating when they are both rude and disrespectful and yet say they have done nothing wrong. If they are harrassing you then block their calls you really don't need the extra stress.

What is important right now is for your mum to get the support and comfort she needs in these last few days so she can pass in dignity knowing she is amongst those she loves and who love her.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

I just read the latest posts..... all of you are so nice.... I wish we all lived close enough to visit each other. When I look back at my life on this board, and I mean way back on the old board (Pots) was my screen name back then, no where have I felt such a connection since before I left the borg. You all know where I am coming from, like we all grew up in the same family, so I don't have to overly explain myself. Who else would understand my need for boundries without a 10 page thesis on what life is like without them?

The hospice nurse just left. Mom was having excess secretions making her gag and cough. With her expertise she got her symptoms under control and she is resting quietly now.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Hi Roberta,

Lots of love from me.

Stay strong.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

My feelings go out to you.

Remember that this is about human beings, not religious beings.

Eden

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Strength and tranquility to ya!

Sorry to hear about your situation.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Hang in there, you are doing everything you can to ease her passing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit