just support please

by Roberta804 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

WOW! what a sad situation. It's tough being respectful to those who have not reciprocated. Been there!

I am wondering what your mom's wishes are. Do you think that your mom would want to see her family members? Is so, then it would be a very loving gesture to put hard feelings aside and allow these people to visit with her.

I do agree with other posters that getting in touch with your local hospice or palliative care chapter in your area would be very helpful.

I will be thinking of you

Warm Regards,

Wanna

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hi, Roberta. It's good that your sisters are respectful and not preachy. That's quite an accomplishment for JWs.

As for the rude ones on the phone. Here's how I'd handle it (Not saying you should).

Caller: Is grandma there?

Me: Yes thanks! (Hangs up the phone).

or

Caller: 'Is grandma there?'

Me: 'Who's calling?'

Caller 'It's (insert name). Is grandma there?'

Me: 'Oh, hi. Sorry. Didn't recognize you. How you doing?'

(I prefer option 1)

Sorry you're having to put up with a situation that is made worse by the WBT$ inhuman laws.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I had trouble with my family when my mom was dying and then there were funeral disputes. In an ideal world, I would demand respect for my views. Our extended family never stopped preaching. Altho they were well aware of my mom's beliefs, they still preached. When I was younger, I berated my mom for not being assertive with her family. She described previous hurts and said the ensuing dispute was not worth it.

My mom spent her younger years complainng about her mom. As she grew older,she transformed and thought her mother was wonderful.

I see a similar journey. My decision was to be gracious (and perhaps earn brownie points in heaven). When she died, my brother-in-law insisted on a Roman Catholic funeral, altho he was NOT a family member. My mom had been very vocal about how hurt she was from religion. We never attended Catholic Churches. Her will clearly stated that she did not want any religious service. Oh, it was also horrible of her not to invite my brother-in-law's relative to the funeral. All these choices were my mother's choices and expressed in her will.

I had to threaten legal action. Altho I was very afraid of death as a Witness, I am glad that I was present. She wanted her ashes scattered at the shore. My sister always has an excuse for years now. I defer b/c I believe my mom would not want all out war.

The bottom line is that my mom loved them, too. I am sorry for the pain you are feeling.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

It is so nice to sit down at a quiet time to read all of your wonderful posts. Mom is resting quietly now, if she makes it a week I would be very surprised. Yesterday she opened her eyes a wee bit and looked out the window at our cold overcast weather. "Clouds of people" she kept saying. Whom am I to say what she is or not experiencing.

She has been on hospice for 4 months now and they have indeed been angels. I feel blessed to be the one to see her to the other side.

My neice and nephew just got here, I am signing off. Update later

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

I am so sorry for all the troubles you are experiencing right now. Some who pretend to be Christian don't even know the meaning of the word. I hope all goes smoothly and without conflict for you. You will be in my prayers.

rudered

• tec
    tec

If she is saying "clouds of people" (such as those written about to be caught up in the sky to be with Christ, perhaps?), then whether she is seeing that or looking forward to it, it might well be bringing her peace.

Still sending you both love and peace and strength,

tammy

• wasblind
    wasblind

Roberta Hang in there, your not alone

when I was at my moms side the worst thing for me was

seein' her confined to the bed, when she had always been such a vibrant woman

To know she no longer has to suffer is a relief in my heart

I hope you are able to to feel that in your heart also

when the time arrives

• tornapart
    tornapart

Only you can know what is the right thing for both yourself and your mother Roberta. It seems she is having a beautiful experience right now as Tammy said, I've heard that many people in their passing moments experience this, whatever it may be. I hope it's comforting to you.

Sending you lots of love and hugs

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

(((Roberta)))

You're doing the right thing. I understand how difficult it is, but your mother's comfort is of paramount importance.

I hope you have a support network in real life too.

• flipper
    flipper

ROBERTA- Lots of love & hugs from Mrs. Flipper and myself to you. Please know that we are with you in our hearts during this difficult time. Stay strong for yourself and your mom. Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit