just support please

by Roberta804 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Have you considered hospice care? They are very helpful in helping families deal with end of life issues. No doubt you want to care for your mother yourself, but it might be time to let others help you. Take care, my thoughts are with you

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'm in agreement with LisaRose regarding hospice/palliative (sp) care. Both my parents, although they were already in long term facilities, even thefacilities know when another type of treatment is needed.

Caregivers always give so much that they themselves neglect their own health, perhaps you could consider the care that professionals can give her now, Lord knows you've done all you can do

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Roberta804, I'm sorry about your mother getting worse and having to deal with disrespectful people at the same time. I feel that you are well within your rights to give respect to people who are respectful to you especially in your own home. Best of wishes for you.

Peace to you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• tec
    tec

You have gotten very good advice and support here.

I just wanted to add my support to you in this time.

Strength to you,

tammy

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Sorry you are going through such a difficult time. Hang in there, we will be thinking of you.

• wolfman85
  • 00DAD
    00DAD

Roberta,

This must be a very emotional time for you. You're taking the high road by allowing access to your mom.

Still, there is nothing wrong with you insisting on being treated with respect in your own home. If people can't do that, they're not welcome. End of discussion.

If someone calls and won't even have the decency to say, "Hello!" I suggest you hang up on them. Another, kinder approach would be to ignore their rudeness and say, "Hi. How are you?" If they refuse to respond to that, then hang-up on them. Seriously. There is no reason not to call these people on their rude, un-Christian behavior.

You could tell them, "If you want to behave like a decent human being, then I'll gladly let you talk to mom. But if you're going to disrespect me in my own home than you can forget it."

JWs have problems respecting others, in particular respecting their boundaries. They honestly believe they can treat people however they want without any repercussions. You might enjoy this thread I started a while back on that topic:

There are a lot of really good comments from our JWN family.

You're doing the right thing!

00DAD

• whathappened
    whathappened

I just lost my 87 year old mother in July and we had similar problems with the Witnesses.

Sorry to hear about your mothers condition.

About the disrespectful JW family members, I say someone has to teach them a lesson on good manners, graciousness and kindness. It may as well be you.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Peace and strength to you and your dear mom during this time in both of your lives, dear Roberta.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• smiddy
    smiddy

Seeing your the one looking after your mom , taking care of her in your own home you have every right to set the boundaries over the visits .

Don`t feel guilty or intimidated by those who have treated you shabbily in the past ,hold your head high and stick to your guns .

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit