Elders finally took me to the back room...

by OneDayillBeFree 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ding
    Ding

What would happen if you left the KH and never returned?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Asking how much you make? It is none of their business. If they ask you more personal questions tell them it is not their business.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

is this the new way the elders are going after people who attend meetings, or is your group of elders extra assholish? wow!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How old are you? Why are they asking you how much money you make? Is your congregation hurting for microphone handlers?! Seriously just tell them that you don't believe that JW's have all the answers. Tell them that because of the new light that you don't believe exactly like they do. Tell them that you don't think you could be a MS until you get things sorted out. Tell that according to a 4/1/1986 question from reader article :

" Approved association with Jehovah's Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah's Witnesses."

Just be sincere and say that until you can accept every new teaching in your heart, you would not feel comfortable reaching out to be a MS because you are not sure if you are in good standing. They should leave you alone after that. Keep your service time low as well.

• pearlsister
    pearlsister

The answer of the questions, is't not their business. THey DONT need to know how much you make or about your education or your love life.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

ODIF- You were GREAT!!!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Just be busy..out of town etc. Smile and say..."you tell me what you make first"....... Or switch halls.

The Japanese have a saying "The best armor is to stay out of range". Distance yourself from toxic people.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I agree with Hotensia above.

Personally, I would not set foot in the back room, stating in the open hall loudly "I am fine, I have no sins to confess. If I need you, I will call." Exit, stage right.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The back room. It should be call the interrogation room.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Great job using that phone app! As others have said, where you work and your income are none of their business! If they try to corner you again, please consider turning the tables and asking them the same questions. You DO NOT have to go into the back room with them! If cornered, or they attempt it, just keep walking towards the exit, excusing yourself as you push politely past them.You owe no explanation except to say you have to be somewhere else at whatever time. None of their business, either, if they ask where or who you are meeting. Just smile. The suggestion to go to another hall is excellent, if at all possible for you. Just do not have your publisher card forwarded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit