What's The Main Reason You Do Not Believe That The Witnesses Are The Best Religion?

by minimus 96 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

you payin' ???

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

There were other things, but when I really read the bible and came across these verses in the bible, I knew right away that the Watchtower is a phony. I was raised in that cult since the early 1970’s, just before the whole 1975 issue. It took me until 2001, and issues with my own son, that made me wake up to who that group really is.

Deuteronomy 18:20-22

20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken?

22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

• clarity
    clarity

There were a lot of doctrinal chgs and lack of love(read rude

ignorant & vindictive behavior) that made me really back off.

>

But with the last generation chg, April 2010 ... I was done.

>

"Evidently Jesus meant two generations", WTF!!!!!

They run out of time and say ..evidently it's overlapping

generations!!

Then to make things even more maddening ...they print

in the watchtower, to stop complaining about it, stop whining,

suck it up.... after all we are not serving a date! It will

come sometime ......eeeyess ...it's right around the corner!!

>

And the the brain dead have to laugh at at themselves...hahaha

silly us, of course.......it doesn't matter! WWHHHAAAAAAATT!

>

We just spent 98 years preaching a lie!... and they knew it!

>

Millions of lives wasted, putting off life .... for a LIE!

clarity

• finally awake
    finally awake

because the fruitage they produce is mmisery and unhappiness

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

As OnTheWayOut noted, the question asked in the body of the OP is fundamentally different from the question in the topic title. I was addressing the topic title, as my reasons for leaving the WT are many and varied, but to my mind, the main reason the religion is "not the best religion" is the failure to contribute to society.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Another answer to that question is that the WTS. is a pretentious commercialized publishing house which since its very beginning

presented doctrines which were deceivingly devised to attract the attention from the picnic's eyes and ears, with little supporting

theological support. The most prominent individual who started the JWS on its path ( J Rutherford ) wasn't a bible theologian at all but was a

professional trained lawyer. When he took over control of the WTS. publishing company, he became a professional religious charlatan. $$$

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

Jesus said that there would be those that say he is in the inner chamber etc. and not to follow them.

In other words Jesus warned us about people that would say he is here invisibly and directly told us not to follow them. That is exactly what the WTBTS does.

In 1919 they were saying he invisibly arrived in 1874. That goes agains the scripture in Matthew re inner chamber etc. There is no possible way he could have "chosen" them in 1919.

The FDS are SELF APPOINTED and it is that simple. Period. No need to get into 607, 1914 and all that crap. In 1919 when they claim Christ chose them they were doing exaclty what he warned against. They are liars and false prophets. Steer clear. That's pretty simple to me.

• Fernando
    Fernando

The Watchtower in my view does a much better job than most of promoting religion (and a ruling religious clergy class) as mediator between man and God.

Few push apostate rule-making and rule-keeping (legalism), an external moral code (apostate moralism), doctrine (apostate ethnocentrism), and knowledge (apostate Gnosticism) quite as hard as the Watchtower Sanhedrin (GB).

When leaving the Watchtower I was also leaving religion in favour of the "unabridged gospel" or full "Good News", and in favour of Jesus as mediator.

Once again the Watchtower is describing themselves, when talking about the Pharisees, in the article: "An experiment that failed" (w80 5/1 pp. 5-8).

• recovering
    recovering

They did not allow me to question what they professed. I saw hipocracy . I saw them break up families. I saw them condone abuse.

• Ding
    Ding

So many reasons, any one of which is enough:

1. Doctrinal issues (including seeing how many of the proof-texts and how many quotes of scholars are taken out of context)

2. Unbiblical organizational salvation supplanting Jesus as mediator/savior

3. Doctrinal flip-flops (Jesus is/isn't to be worshiped, organ transplants are/aren't cannibalism, definition of "generation", etc.)

4. False prophecies (1874, 1914, 1942, 1975) involving contradictory chronologies (invisible parousia came in 1874; no, 1914); 6000 years of human existence ended in 1873; no, 1975; millions now living (1920) will never die)

5. Cover-ups of #3 and #4 by revisionist history

6. Thought control (don't read or listen to anything critical of the organization or its teachings; WT studies that are mindless WT parroting sessions)

7. Trying to have it both ways: GB isn't to be blamed for errors because they admit they are fallible, humble men, BUT GB speaks for Jehovah and must be obeyed and believed without question

8. Legalism

9. Endless treadmill of works-salvation though which JWs must always feel guilty and can never do enough.

10. Organizational hierarchy supplanting God (suppressing doubts about the GB = "waiting on Jehovah")

11. Delusional us v. them worldview ("worldlies" hate and desire to persecute JWs)

12. Demonizing of anyone who leaves the organization, no matter what the reason

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit