What's The Main Reason You Do Not Believe That The Witnesses Are The Best Religion?

by minimus 96 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Some people leave because they are fed up with the elders. Others have personality issues. Some have doctrinal and prophecy reasons. Some maintain there is no real love in the organization.

What's your main reason for leaving the JW mindset?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I was an elder I saw behind the outward display of fake love. I discovered it was just a big business using crafty methods to extract money from the masses. A scam. A pyramid business marketing Jehovah(TM) as their product.

• moshe
    moshe

I prefer a religion that has free food and wine after their services- those special shabbat onegs at Temple are really nice.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

No real love. Shown by the unchristian application of shunning .

• Think About It
    Think About It

The main reason for me was the Bizzaro view the JW religion had on normal things in life. (bizzare views on education, employment, view of "worldly" people, etc.)

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

it was us or them ... I went with them.....

• shamus100
    shamus100

Um, they're not a religion but a high control group...

• BroMac
    BroMac

main reason: 607bce is a fake date for the destruction of Jerusalem. It just didn't happen. With that I knew the corelation of 2520yrs of Gentile Times added to this date = 1914. Need I go on?

Edit: I read the letters that an Elder called Carl Jonnson sent to New York Bethel RE: 607. from 1977-1980.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I can understand getting some doctrine wrong. I can understand making mistakes, even saying something will happen and it doesn't. I can understand unloving people acting unloving. I can understand having to change your understanding of things.

But when you lie to me...that I can't take. I can forgive. I can overlook. I can agree to disagree. But I can't be lied to. I can't take someone refusing to apologize or admit that they were wrong when it is proven. I can't take someone covering over everything that they do wrong. When you lie to me and won't admit it, that's it.

• minimus
    minimus

GREAT RESPONSES!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit