What's The Main Reason You Do Not Believe That The Witnesses Are The Best Religion?

by minimus 96 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

a watcher, it is my belief that Jehovah is not the God of the JWs, the Governing Body is their God. They can't question their decisions and are obedient to the GB like slaves.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Finkelstein took my answer: that the Witnesses do not contribute to society with good works. Tribalism used to be the only way, but now that we live in a global society (or are getting there), religion needs to be about brotherhood of Man, and furthering the widening awareness of the species towards each other and our fellow animals.

If the Witnesses actually had the truth, and the rest of the world really was wicked and deserving of destruction, their stance and narrow-minded focus would be understandable, perhaps commendable. But we know TTATT... so instead they're takers from society who don't give back except with the meager taxes from their low-paying jobs.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Because they are a death cult. They can't wait for Armageddon and the deaths of 7 billion people most of whom never even heard of Jehovah the made up god. While they wait they make up doctrines that cause people to lose their lives by avoiding blood transfusions. Both issues, by the way Jesus never mentioned........ but then again what would he know?

• wasblind
    wasblind

I prefer a religion that has free food and wine after their services- those special shabbat onegs at Temple are really nice.______Moshe

You didn't say free stuff did ya ???? and you know I'm LMAO

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

the Governing Body is their God.

Truthful analysis St Ann

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Hatred towards anyone who is not a JW

• minimus
    minimus

If a religion advertises itself as the only "Truth", I think it should dispense "truth".

Is it "truth" when you proclaim every major pronouncement from the GB as coming from God himself, only for the GB entity to change that "truth" and say, "forget about it".

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

The elders wife asked for my best tea towel to cover her head while leading a prayer as her husband was out giving a cheeky finger to her sister. I will take a lot, but abuse of my best Kath Kidston tea towels I will not stand for.

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ Paula

• minimus
    minimus

Simply put, who would want to be in a cult???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit