What's The Main Reason You Do Not Believe That The Witnesses Are The Best Religion?

by minimus 96 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

Referring to a watcher, not the pedophilia (we posted at the same time...)

• Londo111
    Londo111

The main reason: it is a cult.

Watcher:

Millions upon millions of people are Jehovah's friends well outside the JWs.

You said: "You can't see the forest(Jehovah) for the trees(JW's)"

Therefore, basically what you unintentionally and perhaps subconsciously said is that the Organization (the trees) is equivalent to Jehovah (the Forest). It’s almost pantheistic. And one that is quite on the mark. In the JW mind, Jehovah and the Organization are One.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have no real problem with any local individuals. I am not that petty. I started to notice major issues that were more than just percieved flaws. The consistent lying by the leaders of the WTBTS, the revised history, the attempt to constantly control the rank&file with mis-information and info control. There are no lies in truth, period. No organization is legit, if it has to lie and hide its history, especially one that claims to be the one true channel of GOD.

If I lived in ancient Israel when the priests were corrupt and I stood up to them, I would be a bible hero. Today, I am an apostate who deserves death because I only want to speak truth. No corporation deserves my loyalty, especially one that lies. Is that simple enough?

• Londo111
    Londo111

I agree. I love individual JWs. Unfortunately, they are blinded by cult indoctrination and won’t love me back.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Referring to a watcher, not the pedophilia (we posted at the same time...)

Whew! You had me worried.

• shamus100
    shamus100

No kidding cobaltcupcake! :O I freaked when I noticed that we posted at the same time.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I'm with DataDog. I remember 1975, for instance, and you can't fool me into thinking over zealous JWs worldwide just made it up. I reject the JWs because their doctrine is not sound.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Besides the lies, ignorance and corruption, the exploitation and manipulation of people, fear mongering created to proliferate its own literature,

its a mind controlling cult that self serves its own supporting needs and leaves greater humanity right of the picture.

Oh yeah, they encourage children to commit suicide by not accepting a blood transfusion, then when they die they post their

picture on the front cover of their magazines as beloved martyrs.

Gee why would anyone not love an organization like this ?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I have alot of reasons personally I could point to, but personal experience I don't believe alone is justification for something. Anyone can be mistreated, and anyone can be treated well. That is geographical and human, not based on the religion itself.

For me its 2 things.

1) Blood. It should be a conscience matter, and I am thoroughly convinced of that.

2) Enforcement of belief (including blood), through disfellowshipping. I just don't see a scriptural parallel.

Christ Alone - Wat do you believe you were lied to about?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

1) I could no longer accept that the 7 billion of the rest of the world were wicked enough to be slaughtered ! I saw it as a vile belief

2) After expecting the end all my life, I realized that something was wrong with timetable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit