What do you mean?! I ALWAYS go to the beach after service and wear long pants and button up shirts while I play a game in the sand with my family! Sometimes I wear button up long sleeve shirts too!

by Crisis of Conscience 101 Replies latest social humour

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

The world is about to come to an end any day and all they can think to do is play ball when people's very lives are at stake !

• prologos
    prologos

You'all, whoa, hold it! do not belittle this picture. These are all northerners out in the sun. within an hour, damage from the sun will set in. Look at picture of competion sailors, even lips and noses thickly covered in reflective sun creams. If I ( with latitude of denmark ancestry) --am more than an hour in the sun near the water, I look like a Hiroshima survivor, my wife will refuse to kiss my raw lips. When Surfing in Hawai, California I was known as "THE TAPE MAN" for covering parts of my face with reflective Duct tape. and wearing a shirt plus shorts, if not full length pants.

The players should even go swimming like that. a great way to keep portuguese man of war and other critters' poison off your skin. skinny is scary.

so why does the picture look silly?--- because the slackers do not wear wide brimmed hats. a typical wt situation, they have it wrong but dont know why.

peace.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I only wear tuxedos to the beach so the Watchtower can cram their casual dress that is unbefitting of true servants of Jehovah.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Don't you guys know that wearing long sleeve shirts and long trousers is part of Beach Cricket etiquette? Sheesh...

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

We used to go straight to the beach after a meeting. We wore bathing suits under our clothes and just stripped off when we got there. No way would we play in searing heat in clothes.

The first time I saw an elder in Speedo's and his extremely large wife in a bikini was bit of a shock but you get used to it.

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

lol, this was taken at west beach (i think) Adelaide, Australia. Some people in my parents cong recognised a couple of bros and sis in it, and know the bro who took the pic.

Definitely playing cricket.

It wouldnt be entirely unheard of to be wearing long sleeves and pants if its taken in spring or autumn - it can be beautiful sunny days but still pretty chilly. But not that formal!

However in Adelaide summers, you wear as little as possible unless you are in air conditioning!

• designs
    designs

You wanted Thongs and Speedos

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Most JWs would take this as direction on how to dress when going to the beach. How many times were we told to review the pictures in the mags to see what's considered appropriate attire?

In my congregation, we could only where swimsuits if it was dark out, otherwise we had to wear a t-shirt and shorts over our swimsuits. And if you had time to go to the beach in the afternoon, then you had time for afternoon witnessing or return visits. It was rare to go as a group before 3pm.

When I was about 13 or 14, I wore a jumper set with spaghetti straps to a park outing with the congregation and the elders complained that the spaghetti straps were too revealing. My mom told them there was nothing wrong with my jumper. My older sister had on a similar jumper but with tank top straps. No one picked me for any of the games but my family would rotate me in anyway!

To me, this picture is about right for JWs.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

this could have been taken 60 years ago. Which is where their thinking is stuck.

This look ridiculous.

• designs
    designs

Reruns of Ozzie and Harriett

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit