Final prayer after fieldservice today.

by El_Guapo 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

My personal response to such an utterly stupid statement would have been something to the effect of:

If we pray for our brothers only, what extraordinary thing are we doing?

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Can you imagine if Jesus was standing there and heard that, or even Paul? They would have gone medieval on that elder's ass. He would have voluntarily stepped down in shame after they were done with him.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovahs Witnesses..

Only Pray for Nice People..

Jehovah`s Witnesses!..

...........................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Man, I am so angry why is that wrong?

The reason it was deemed inappropriate was because asking for help for people who are not within God's earthly organization of the

WT Corporation is considered a no no, WHY ? because people outside of the organization are the soon to be destroyed wicked class.

Now lets say if there were actual JWS who were harmed because of this event, then it would be quite appropriate to ask for god's help

for their earthly brothers and sisters.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I think even if there is a prayer, its more along the lines of "please help them find the truth", than it is to just plain help people who have lost their children. I asked my wife if they prayed for the families like every other church in the world did on Sunday. It is literally the LEAST that can be done.

She just looked down, and was upset. I never really thought about why it is so rare ot have local events or tragedies prayed for. I remember one time praying after a public talk, and I prayed for "those that may oppose us" (yeah thats right.......you guys), and I went on from there. I was counseled that while we pray for our enemies, the word oppose makes people think apostate and it is not appropraite to pray for apostates.

I asked them why not?.....silence. Like I was the stupid one.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

You have every right to be angry; I would have been as well. When they say stuff like that, it just proves to me even more that they are nothing but wicked.

• Ding
    Ding

The WTS is all about rules and regulations.

I think the leaders try to remove normal human compassion from JWs and replace it with organizationally approved activity.

How else could they get people to shun their own family and friends on command?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

This sort of makes sense. Paul said:

(1 Timothy 2:1-3 NWT) . . .I therefore exhort, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions, offerings of thanks, be made concerning all sorts of men, 2 concerning kings and all those who are in high station; in order that we may go on leading a calm and quiet life with full godly devotion and seriousness. 3 This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God,

Incidentally, the footnote for "concerning" in verse 2 says, "Or in behalf of."

Right after that he said that Christ was the mediator between God and men (humans). (1 Tim 2:5) Since the Society doesn't accept verse 5, it makes sense that they don't accept verses 1 thru 3 either.

Marvin had it right also: (Matthew 5:43, 44 NWT) . . .YOU heard that it was said, ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44 However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU;

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think the leaders try to remove normal human compassion from JWs and replace it with organizationally approved activity.

How else could they get people to shun their own family and friends on command?

Good point Ding

Those parents and children effected by this heinous act are just part of this old wicked system of things,

which makes them irrelevant and less worthy of empathy and compassion.

• undercover
    undercover

Doesn't surprise me that he pulled you aside and counseld you. It was an unspoken rule when I was in and giving public prayers, that you didn't pray for non-JWs in public prayers. Private prayers and family prayers were one thing, but public prayers were to stay focused on JWs and JW events only. And that, of course, influenced the private and home prayers to being very similar, removing the non-JW from the thoughts of the group.

You insiders have gotta start keeping your voice recorders on your phones on and catch some of these gems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit