Final prayer after fieldservice today.

by El_Guapo 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iclone
    iclone

el_guapo you have a private message.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Face the Facts, the WT constantly tells us how to and how not to pray. Here are just a few quotes:

99 WT 1/15

5 When praying publicly we should remember that we are not addressing humans. Rather, we are sinful creatures petitioning the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. (Psalm 8:3-5, 9; 73:28) We should therefore manifest reverential fear of displeasing him by what we say and how we express it. (Proverbs 1:7) The psalmist David sang: “As for me, in the abundance of your loving-kindness I shall come into your house, I shall bow down toward your holy temple in fear of you.” (Psalm 5:7) If we have that attitude, how will we express ourselves when asked to pray publicly at a meeting of Jehovah’s Witnesses? Well, if we were speaking to a human king, we would do so respectfully and with dignity. Should not our prayers be even more dignified and respectful, since we are praying to Jehovah, the “King of eternity”? (Revelation 15:3) So when praying we would avoid such statements as, “Good morning, Jehovah,” “We send you our love,” or, “Have a nice day.” The Scriptures show that God’s only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ, never addressed his heavenly Father in that way.

6 Paul said: “Let us . . . approach with freeness of speech to the throne of undeserved kindness.” (Hebrews 4:16) We can approach Jehovah with “freeness of speech” in spite of our sinful state because of our faith in the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ. (Acts 10:42, 43; 20:20, 21) Yet, such “freeness of speech” does not mean that we are chatting with God; nor should we say disrespectful things to him. If our public prayers are to please Jehovah, they must be offered with proper respect and dignity, and it would be inappropriate to use them to make announcements, counsel individuals, or lecture an audience.

WT 86 7/15

John next speaks of prayer and two types of sin. (Read 1 John 5:16, 17.) “A sin that does not incur death” is not willful, and it would not be wrong to pray that the repentant wrongdoer be forgiven. (Acts 2:36-38; 3:19; James 5:13-18) But it would be wrong to pray concerning “a sin that does incur death” because this is willful sin against the holy spirit, for which forgiveness is impossible

WT 52 8/1 But we will not pray for those Jehovah has condemned, those he has passed final judgment against. To do so would be a violation of Jehovah’s commands. (Jer. 7:16; 11:14) To love those who are confirmed enemies of Jehovah would displease God: “Shouldest thou help the wicked, and love them that hate Jehovah? for this thing wrath is upon thee from before Jehovah.” (2 Chron. 19:2, AS
  • Giordano
    Giordano

El_Guapo You have just gotten a free pass out of the JW's. You were seriously stumbled by an Elder. No more M.S., meetings or FS for you until you resolve this. Once they know how you feel they'll leave you alone. Keep debating the things your learning and they will D.F. you.

By the way thanks for sharing this situation with us. I have been out for over 45 years best decision I ever made.....there are people shunning me that weren't even born when my wife and I left. They hate to the third generation.
  • Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

You can't believe that isn't it?!? They are mad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit