Final prayer after fieldservice today.

by El_Guapo 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Think About It
    Think About It

In the warped JW mind.....that part of the prayer could have been more time praising the WTS F&DS and kissing the Governing Body's collective ass.

This really is a sick cult of a religion. I look forward to the day when the mass exodus of people leaving this cult becomes worldwide news.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Your prayers are supposed to be about what is in your heart, not from the lips of other people. Otherwise it is their prayers, not yours that you are uttering. If that elder doesn't like your prayer, he can refuse to add, "Amen" to it. That's all.

There are examples that Jesus prayed for the nations

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Group think.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't have access to the WT-CD; I was wondered if they have directly commented on not praying for non-jws.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho
    1. you want to step down as an M.S. (see my story here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/243395/1/worn-out-ministerial-servant) 2.) you offer a prayer unlike anything you have ever said. I told him that I have been reading the bible (I bought the ESV on eBay - Love it) and have been trying to apply what I have been learning to a greater extent. I asked him what do you mean by "If I am okay" he asked if I had been talking to a new group of people or have gone online. etc. LOL

its amazing how a JW's spidey-senses tingle. It's also amazing that as much as I like to tell myself that the BOrg didnt control my mind, the mere fact that JW's have spidey-senses at all PROVES the mental conditioning.

Even dumb witnesses that know nothing about the bible or what the WTS actually teaches, even THEY have spidey-senses! HOW???

Because regardless of how much or how little "knowledge" you retain from the Watchtower, the mind control, the mental conditiiong, its happening without you even knowing.
    And when a fellow JW uses a word out of place, or puts emphasis in a different place than usual, or just knows more than they should about a bible topic, the spidey-senses tingle and the mind controlled JW knows something is awry.

As a former believer that is still in for family, I can still pick up on these without even realizing. Amazing

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The JW’s insensitivity at a time like this doesn’t surprise me! And don’t expect too many prayers from the 100,000 + JW congregations worldwide either as a result of this horrific tragedy.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

THAT'S the problem with this organisation, there is no compassion. It's preached from the platform, but in the real world, not an ounce of it exists.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Cofty, that was about the time I started to notice strange quotes in the WT.

The other thing I noticed was the amount of dubs commiting fraud against the insurance companies

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Congrats on not hiding what you really felt. The next time they ask you to give prayer at meeting say the same thing, i'll bet that elder won't have his eyes closed!

• caliber
    caliber

Who the hell has the right to question ones sincere heartfelt prayer ?

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

We pray not to be seen by men but to be heard by God

When even our prayers are under scrutiny things have gone way too far !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit