"Right to bear arms" should mean ...

by Simon 616 Replies latest members politics

• Mary
    Mary
    It's sad as hell that those kids were gunned down, but restricting legal gun ownership for law-abiding citizens only serves to give the upper hand to the bad guys.

Translation: I don't give a shit how many kids were murdered; just don't take away my Right to arm myself to the teeth with enough ammo to blow everyone to kingdom come.

The mentality of the morons who insist that their Right to Bear Arms out-weighs every other consideration on the planet, is just unbelievable and because of this, the United States will continue to see mass murders like this. Really, there's little point in even continuing to debate given the warped mind-set of some.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Translation: I don't give a shit how many kids were murdered; just don't take away my Right to arm myself to the teeth with enough ammo to blow everyone to kingdom come.

I truly hate to say it Mary but I agree with you. I fear my countrymen are often behaving like spoiled children, demanding their rights while ignoring the rights of others.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    "Right to bear arms" explained to us by a Canadian!!!!?????
    How aboot that!!!
    Night Owl

Gee, how about that? Canada has higher scores in math, science, and reading than we do, a higher life expectancy rate, and a higher GDP per capita. Huh, how about that.

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

B.

The subject of the thread is aboot the right to bear arms.

If you want to talk aboot education, then start a new thread.

NightOwl

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    B.
    The subject of the thread is aboot the right to bear arms.
    If you want to talk aboot education, then start a new thread.
    NightOwl

You are the one who made sarcastic because a "Canadian" was giving us advice. I'm simply pointing out that they are doing a lot of things better than we are. Why not listen to them?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Ohhh nice Canadian accent by the way!!

aboot

• moshe
    moshe

I sure wish we had some of that Canadian wisdom a few weeks ago, when Oompa's crazy biting cat was needing a new home and the popular solution was a 3000 mile truck ride to Flippers house.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

You don't buy a gun unless you accept the idea that you are going to pull the trigger and kill another human.

People who buy guns fantasize about killing other humans - they shoot at human-like targets at shooting galleries - they mentally prepare for it.

Nothing else to say about it, really.

One night they get drunk.. and decideing they can't find a reason to live their personal fantasy, they make it come true.

I own a band-saw becasue I like working with wood and metal. It is a tool for working with wood.

The next guy owns a handgun because he likes the idea of killing people. It is a tool for killing people.

You don't invest in a tool unless you intend to use it... and that is the thing gun owners hate to admit. They train for and intend to use their gun one day.

- Lime

• Simon
    Simon

Ok, you know I just live in Canada right?

All this 'aboot' nonsense.

I'm from Salford, Manchester (so no stranger to guns, ha) which means it's pronounced 'abaaat'

• Satanus
    Satanus

Simon isn't a real canadian, yet. It takes time.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit