CO Disfellowshipped in UK

by konceptual99 142 Replies latest jw friends

• Zico
    Zico

Colin Bird was definitely df'ed, it was big news around where I'm from as he had been CO of my old Congregation. The story here was that he'd been df'ed after moving in with a girl he'd met on the internet. He'd already come off the Circuit work as his marriage had broken down and he was living seperately from his wife at the time. This all happened about a year ago now.

There was a stand-in CO, Bro. Paul Dosser who stood in at my Congregation (I never met him) a rumour also went round that he'd been df'ed, but it turned out to have been his brother!

• Zico
    Zico

Forgot to note that the story I'd heard about Colin Bird had him leaving the UK as the girl he met on the Internet was overseas, so this would fit in with Timmy's story.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

thanks Zico, keep up the updates

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I have doubts that Colin Bird is the CO who was disfellowshipped recently. I was given information that the disfellowshipped CO gave the baptism talk at Twickenham this year. I don't think that fits.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

is there another CO DF'ed in the mix MM?

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Makes sense. The whole event that took place with Colin and the elder from my hall took place around 4 years ago. Im just trying to pinpoint a day. I was in Uni at the time so it was between 07-09. I feel it being closer than further so im willing to say somewhere around May 2009. Im not sure though.

I remember what happened though during his final visit. Instead of Colin we had Brother Renouf (who was lovely by the way) come round with his wife Jean (who died not so long ago :( ) to take over the visit. Appart from his talks being lovely and his announcement to the congregation that 'the way is always open for certain ones to return brothers!', he came round to our house one day for dinner. My non JW mum cooked him dinner and he was so gracious with her. She flicked guitar hero on and started asking him if he wanted to play. Lol. He didnt but he was so cool about it. He was also impressed that i was in uni which took me aback.

In other news we also had Colin Bird in our house once for the ministry arrangment. He came in and sat on the sofa, which my cat had been sleeping on. He got up and was well pissed off! In his broad Scottish accent, he exclaimed: 'EWWWW NEWWW, AHHH GOOT CAT HEEERS EN MEE SOOOT!!!' That annoyed my mum as he was so pissy about it. Lol. Not a very good witness there. Its crazy to think how so many others on this board know these people and have shared meals with them likely.

xxx

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I suspect so. If the recently disfellowshipped CO gave the baptism talk at Twickenham in 2012 then I can't see it being Colin Bird. Whether he DAed or was disfellowshipped, the situation Timmy described was some time ago, not the last few months.

• mariemcg
    mariemcg

I can try and find out who gave the talk, as i'm still sort of in touch with some people...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

seems we have the name and dates conflicting as who this CO is, could there be a secondary DF'ed CO?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I am sorry to hear Jean Renouf has passed away

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit