hmm i am being warned about!

by unstopableravens 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

lwt : they have had control my whole life!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Practise saying "No". It gets easier over time. I enjoy saying "No" and "None of your business" to my parents.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

mrsjones: i need to take the power back! how do ur parents react to that?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Badly. They still upset about it but that's their problem, not mine.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

mrsjones: it may be easy for you, i just dont know if i can feel that way.it would be hard for me to say thats ur problem not mine.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It wasn't easy. It was stressful and nasty (on my parents part). But it was something that had to be done for the sake of my sanity and my family's (my hubby and four kids) welfare. No one said it was easy. When certain people believe they have a hold on you and a right to tell you want to do and imposed their will on you you best believe there will be pushback.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i understand that: im glad you and your man are on the same page, thats the worst not having wifeys support

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well at least you've gotten great advice from folks here who have and are going through something similar. You're not alone.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Don't be frustrated, Ravens. The biggest problem isn't with the FDS; the problem is that in every respect the WTBS is a manmade organization. There was never any call from God, nor was there any divine authority conveyed, no revelation given, no new apostles called, no witnesses. Yet we're told that God looked at all the religious sects in 1919 and chose the JWs as the sect that most closely matched the Truth. But where's the evidence? If God says that in the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established, it's up to Him to provide them. Are there any ancient scriptures pointing to the Jehovah's Witnesses? Of course not.

Many people thought they had figured out the meaning of the Bible. John Calvin, Alexander Campbell, Herbert W. Armstrong and others thought the answer to reestablishing the ancient church was to simply study the Bible and remove all the errors of men. Yet all of these men came to different conclusions about the meaning of the Bible, and in the early 1800s scores of religions staged revivals in upstate New York, in which each claimed to have the truth. Not only that, each claimed that the others would be damned to hell. Fear and frustration filled the land and afterwards it was known as the "burned out district."

But what authority did any of these sects have? Which of any of them were recognized by God, if any? How are we to discover the right church when all of them are man-made? Without revelation from heaven, they're all blind guides leading the blind. And as such, they and their followers will fall into the pit. So the question is, and the one that needs to be directed to the elders, is: In what way is our religion not manmade like the others? And the answer will most likely be: Because our religion is closer to the teachings of the Bible than any other. But isn't that a presumption? Don't those other churches think their doctrines are closer than the others? How is anyone to know? And how does God put His stamp of approval on any of them?

My own personal view is that for a church to be recognized by God, it has to be started by Him. It has to have an authorized clergy, an open canon, ongoing revelation -- in short, it shouldn't be manmade.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Something I realised while still a Witness:

If they're not paying your bills then they have absolutely no business sticking their nose into your business and/or telling you what to do!

You're an adult, surely! Then stand up to them and keeping saying "no".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit