hmm i am being warned about!

by unstopableravens 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

lwt: i know its a hard hard hard truth.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Why the urgency to preach?

Just like you were 'wrong' about God when you were a JW, you could be 'wrong' right now. Right?

Why not take a little time (years) to sort things out. The world is a big place, with many competing ideas. You're not expected to have it all figured out.

Focus on your family. Worry about "religion" and preaching later. You only get one shot at some of this.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

This is who you want to follow, so get used to it.

Luke 12:49-53 “I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Ravens, you have gotten sage advise and here is the redux.

CALM DOWN. I believe in God too, but jumping to another religion isn't the answer. If you want to continue, pray and you could probably reach out to believers here if you want to get a "gathering yourselves together" fix. Remember, Jesus said that whenever there were 2 or more gathered in his name, he would be with them. The phone, e mail, all included. So calm down.

REFUSE. When someone wants to know why you aren't at meetings, you are acting like you only have 2 choices. You either lie, or confess your undying apostacy. Well the other option RARELY CONSIDERED BY THE ENDOCTRINATED.....is that you can jsut say i would rather not talk about it....but I apprecaite your concern. It is the truth, it is not a lie. You maintain your sense of integrity, and what small control you are building in your life.

RESIST. Resist the urge to get into war with your wife. Treat her better than you would, proving to her you are not a piece of scum simply because you have questioned the religion of your youth.

Telling them to piss off and blowing up your life and marriage over this may or may not bring you peace. For some it does, for many more it does not. For me, it definitly would not.

One of the most freeing thigns I ever did was tell an elder (a real jerk I mean the absolute worst kind of elder), that I would not meet with him. We had had several meetings, and he wanted another one. I told him I wasn't interested. He was not used to being told no. But what could he do? He sat there stewing. He simply had no concept of not being "obeyed". A switch went on in my head. If the better buisness beureu calls my office and wants to meet with me to sign me up for their services.....do I have to do that? No! I tell people no in my buisness all the time. i don't have time, I'm not interested, I don't want that, I have no need for your services........so why when an elder wanted me to show up on a weekend in full garb, could I not get yes out of my mouth fast enough?

I realized i had been conditioned....and that was the beginning of the end of that conditioning. I'm still working on it.

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

unstopableravens I'm a Christian..Jesus loving...borned and raised JW who has not BEEN Disfellowshipped or Disassocaited myself. And lived in a small town of 50,000 people and managed to fade. By just keeping my mouth shut.

This is the church I attend diligently www.ndcbf.org - but it was a process...I started out hating all religion, I attended every kind of religious cermony...Jewish, Wiccan, Baptist, Luthern, Catholic, etc. I just really enjoyed by journey of discovery.

What is your hurry...if you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior...you are SAVED!!! You are not a JW there is not works to complete. You are save by GRACE...there is nothing you can do lose it and there is not you did to earn it.

...so you should listen to this advice LWT has given you the BEST ADVICE!!! PERIOD!!!

You need to look in the mirror...you are a JW without the beliefs...same mentality. You really need to get some professional assistance before you throw your family away!!! If you love your wife and your family...stop discussing JW matters with your wife, with your friends, relatives, etc. Stop with the church talk...you can have church on- line, on the television.

You are too close to the situation and you are headed for danger!!!!! You are taking a GREAT chance of losing it all...when you don't have to.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Ravens.. I've been mentally out for a year now, my hubby's an elder and I wanted to rush in and tell him everything. I decided to slow down and bite my tongue. Now I only say things when it's the right time. Every so often I drop little seeds of doubt. It's beginning to pay off. I've still got a long long way to go but it's worth being patient.

Please listen to everyone.. don't say anything to anyone about it. If you want to vent or ask questions then come here. If you rush it then you risk losing your wife. Believe it... many on here have lost their spouse. Those that take it slowly seem to have the most success in saving their marriage and getting their spouse out with them.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I don't see how throwing away your family relationship to serve in another manner brings god any joy. Slow it down. It isn't always justified to take a huge leap like you are trying to do.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

please keep in mind i have been patient for three years and my wife has hold me that by staying it is giving her hope i will return. and by staying i mean not being dfed. i truly believe at this point she is not going to come out if im not dfed . i know what you guys are saying and thank you. it is just been hell,the amount of pressure she put on. she will say if you really dont believe than why havent you dfed urself!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dffing yourself is part of the belief. If you don't believe in the df doctrine, you don't need to do it or recognize it.

S

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Ravens: she will say if you really dont believe than why havent you dfed urself!

Seriously?!?

Considering the ridiculous doctrinal changes those morons that run this organization have come up with in the last few years, they should go DF themselves. They are the apostates!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit