hmm i am being warned about!

by unstopableravens 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Prepare to be disfellowshipped.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

lwt :thanks i have been trying to do everything to keep peace of mind and keep what best for my family, and to be honest and to be happy!

• moshe
    moshe

Back in the day I was a new JW(early 70's), we still had secret Russellites (anointed, too) in the KH. One of them was a neighbor and liked to talk about the old publications. We took a 90 yr old Sister to the meetings and she liked to talk, too. I remember her cranking up the old phonograph and playing a Rutherford record they used in the door to door work. The elders were always asking us- what did sister Knowitall tell you? what did bro stiffneck talk about? looking back- they were seeking information to hang them on. 5 or 6 of them used to meet together on Sunday afternoon for their own 'Tower study- I think they were comparing the new teachings with what they still believed in, but couldn't talk about.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Honesty doesnt mean you're required to explain yourself to everyone.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

usr: i cant lie

Sure you can. They do all the time, why not you? They're used to it. Why should they have all the fun?

You could also just ignore them. The only authority they have over you is what you allow.

usr: i have been trying to do everything to (1) keep peace of mind and (2) keep what best for my family, and (3) to be honest and to be happy

Ok, those are three different things. You can probably only have one, maybe two at the most. Not trying to be harsh, but you have to choose, otherwise the elders will choose for you.

00DAD

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

oodad im not getting into on this thread lol but i choose not to lie. but your right they lie all the time.mrsjones i agree but this guy was really close like family!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You're allowing the cult to control the timing of your excommunication. It doesn't have to be this way.

• cofty
    cofty

i cant lie!

Why not? What business is it of his?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Even family should have boundries. I don't tell all to my mother even if she asks sweetly. If I feel it's none of her business, it's none of her business.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

mrs jones i guess maybe im just so use to viewing them like police,lol alawys have to give answer. cofty i really dont want this to turn into other threads we can discuss it there, but you know why i make that statement buddy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit