Should pranksters be held responsible for results of their pranks?

by Satanus 93 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

In their jobs in the RAF and Army William and Harry are not treated as royalty.

I'm not going to discuss how I know this on a public forum but I know it to be true. They do dangerous jobs and they do it for real.

Okay, then. I'll take you at your word, since you have the inside track on international security.

LMFAO

tal

• cofty
    cofty

let's trust the government

I don't - does anybody?

But according you multiple people in the security services and government minsters were prepared to risk their freedom and careers for what exactly?

Skepticism is a virtue - cynicism is an illness.

• tec
    tec

Yeah this is big news here in Oz. I just can't understand why there isn't a protocol that puts hospitals, police stations and fire stations off-limits to prank calls...

There should be a protocol like that. There is for 911 calls... at least i think there is.

What about the pranks that scare people- like the elevator prank? What if someone has a heart attack from the scare? Should those type of pranksters be culpable if their prank leads to someone's death?

Yes. They should. Obviously it was not intentional or anything like that, but there should be some sort of culpibility here. Guilt is probably enough for most people, but that doesn't do anythign to make someone think twice before doing something.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Talesin - have you ever in the history of the internet ever referenced somebody else's words without twisting them?

• talesin
    talesin

I don't know, Cofty. Whatever.

go ahead, you are an elder, as we know, and know FAR much more than I.

• talesin
    talesin

For once, I would like to see you honestly defend your statements, but that is a dream that will most likely, never be fulfilled.

t

• Satanus
    Satanus

It seems pointless to argue about a possible operation that possibly was not, and if it was, would be impossible to prove, anyhow.

S

• cofty
    cofty

go ahead, you are an elder,

Bingo!

I knew it was only a matter of time - three times I wrote the line "is this where you accuse me of being an elder" and three times I deleted it and decided to wait to see how long it would take you.

• cofty
    cofty

For once, I would like to see you honestly defend your statements

For example?

You are the one making the outrageous statements. I'm the one appealing to sanity.

• l p
    l p

Working in the hospital system, there is no way that I would believe the hospital management when they say there would be no disciplinary action taken. This nurse has broken the law and also breached the code of conduct of the UK health service and the code of conduct of the hospital she worked for. She would be very familiar with this sort of situation as normal people always try to call up and get confidential medical information about patients. So she would be use to handling this kind of sensitive situation.

However - I am a nurse. yes she did the wrong thing but try to understand it from her perspective. The DJs were posing as the queen. You don't refuse the head of state. So I can see where she would have felt intimidated.

Her career would be over having done this. Its instant dismissal. Hospital executives do not support this kind of breach and deal with it very seriously (and that is for common people) not to mention it happening to Royals.

My opinion is that the DJs and the radio station management should be charged. The DJs at least for Fraud.

So I can understand how this could have become ALL too much for her to bear and for her to suicide.

Yes Vanderhooven (sorry if i spelt it wrong) the hospital executives should be investigated to see how they were handling it by external investigators.

Lp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit