Should pranksters be held responsible for results of their pranks?

by Satanus 93 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Well, I did answer your question... thought we were 'making nice'?

And yes, the British press are quite famous for their pranks. The question is.... when will the public tire of them? It was okay to 'deceive' Fergy when she was desperate for money ...... oh, but wait, she is a 'disgraced' Royal ex-wife. That poor woman has been through HELL.

You see what I mean?

tal

• cofty
    cofty

Talesin you called them " a bunch of in-bred, lazy, glory-seekers who contribute little to society, and prance around as if they are special because of an accident of birth."

William is a Sea King rescue pilot who flies in extreme weather conditions to rescue members of the public at sea and in the mountains. His brother Harry flies a Apache - one of the most technically challenging jobs in the military. They are privileged but they are not lazy.

Far from threatening the hapless nurse I am sure Harry and Kate were devastated by the news of her death.

You have been watching too many episodes of Spooks I think.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Seriously, though. Maybe they had her done away with; they don't like 'inconvenient women' in the Royal Family of GB (can you say 'Diana Spencer'?). Unless, of course, the woman's name is "Wallace Simpson" and she is a Nazi sympathizer.

I think that is a bit far fetched, what reason would there be for this? I'm no great fan of the royals but Diana was no saint either. I do think that Willaim and Harry come accross well and genuine and they both work hard and sometimes dangerous jobs so I think they deserve credit for that.

• talesin
    talesin

lol, yes, I am familiar with their military jobs. It's a GREAT public relations exercise. Really, you are a smart man - do you buy into that, really? wow.

Please remember, that my tax dollars support the Royal Family. Some Canadians are royalists, and some feel the way I do. That is, the "Royal Family" is an anachronistic tradition that has NO value. We pay their wages --- ridiculous! And yes, I have disdain for them. Oh, I forgot poor old Charles and his "Heritage Foundation" ... well, good on ya, old boy, for caring about old buildings. < sarcasm intended >

You quoted me. Can you refute ANYTHING I said?

Spooks? WTH are you talking about? Must be some idiotic UK show ... besides, I don't have TV; I gave it up because it is mind-numbing pap.

This thread is about speculation ... I'm merely speculating, that's all.

To answer the OP,,, duh, sorry S! .. in my experience, 'pranks' are intended to make someone the butt of a joke, and are most often not a nice thing, and akin to bullying. I don't like them. Should people be held responsible for pranks, in a legal sense. That could be very complicated.

xo

tal

• minimus
    minimus

The British press is famous for their pranks. People play pranks all the time. Tv shows are made simply because of pranks from Candid Camera to Ashton Kutcher. Howard Stern has been doing them for years. The Jerky Boys too.

Theres always an unbalanced person that is extreme.

• cofty
    cofty

You quoted me. Can you refute ANYTHING I said?

If you mean can I refute your theory that MI5 had the nurse murdered for being gullible enough to fall for a prank, no I can't. I also can't refute a million other things but I find common sense to be a reasonably useful guide.

You do realise that if you start a website to promote your theory and do it before anybody else thinks of it you will have a million fans by next week.

I suspect security officers have more pressing concerns than murdering naive nurses.

• Angharad
    Angharad

lol, yes, I am familiar with their military jobs. It's a GREAT public relations exercise

So if they did nothing except be royal and sit on their arse and attend galas and parties etc they would be criticized, but if they work difficult, skilled and dangerous jobs its all a public relations stunt - seems like they can't win whatever they do !

• cofty
    cofty

In their jobs in the RAF and Army William and Harry are not treated as royalty.

I'm not going to discuss how I know this on a public forum but I know it to be true. They do dangerous jobs and they do it for real.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'I suspect security officers have more pressing concerns than murdering naive nurses. '

Actually, in their job of protecting the royal family, that would fit, exactly, although it does seem extreme. As a theory, it would send the message that noone f###cks w the royal family's heirs. As well, you may have noted the ethnicity of the nurse. It could be a factor. If this was an op, we would never know, as the best op is never detected. Here is a pic of the nurse, from facebook:

S

• cofty
    cofty

Actually, in their job of protecting the royal family, that would fit, exactly, although it does seem extreme.

This sort of idiocy actually makes me angry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit