Interesting Jesus cults

by Christ Alone 205 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Then you can draw the same conclusions about them if you like.

I just did correct one. Thanks for your support!

It is just a tool. A finger pointing the way to Christ. Written witness accounts to Christ. At the time, they were verbal witness accounts to Christ. There was no bible back then, or even any gospel accounts.

This is not "back then". This is now. Without the bible and all the horrible things in it, there is no way to Jesus.

For Christ to make sense, you just have to listen to what He teaches.

That REQUIRES the Bible.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Not this again,EP. If god existed before space, then how can he be bound by space. But I've learned that philosophic thought and direct examples from scripture escape you, which is why I said I'm done debating this with you.

• tec
    tec

I just did correct one. Thanks for your support!

You're welcome. There are atheists AND theists who don't know what is in that book, so no big deal.

This is not "back then". This is now. Without the bible and all the horrible things in it, there is no way to Jesus.

Well, now... started... back then. (and even futher than that)

The Spirit of Christ/Truth is alive. So while witnesses TO Him might be needed to tell someone ABOUT Him, those come in more packages than just the bible. Which actually contains multiple witnesses accounts TO Christ. As well as a simple retelling of those who knew or experienced Him, or witnessed to Him.

That REQUIRES the Bible.

Sometimes... depending upon our faith or limitations. But not always or for all people.

One can listen to Christ/the Spirit of Truth... to know what He teaches.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Not this again,EP. If god existed before space, then how can he be bound by space. But I've learned that philosophic thought and direct examples from scripture escape you, which is why I said I'm done debating this with you.

Exactly. NOT this again, we aren't derailing the thread with a long discussion of all the things you claimed without proof or were just basically wrong about your thread. If you wish to continue getting an education on it, revive that thread.

This is about your claim on this thread that atheists often don't know what the bible says. I was relating that to the fact (see example above) that theists often make claims that the Bible says things that it doesn't actually say, like your claim about spacetime, Sab's about genetics, etc.

As I said, it's simple, if you say "this says x", we just look and see if it says "x". If it doesn't, you are wrong (and you were).

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You're welcome. There are atheists AND theists who don't know what is in that book, so no big deal.

It is a big deal. For instance, if I say something wrong about science, Cofty, Bohm and qcmbr will not hesitate to correct me (and I appreciate that). Unless it conflicts with personal revelation or belief (not simple fact of "does this say 'x'"), I have yet to see a believer do the same, but you will sit in an echo chamber agreeing how atheists are wrong.

Sometimes... depending upon our faith or limitations. But not always or for all people.

One can listen to Christ/the Spirit of Truth... to know what He teaches.

So where are the aboriginals, the native americans from 500+ years ago, the norsemen or south american peoples that ever knew about Christ without someone with a Bible as a starting point?

• tec
    tec

It is a big deal. For instance, if I say something wrong about science, Cofty, Bohm and qcmbr will not hesitate to correct me (and I appreciate that). Unless it conflicts with personal revelation or belief (not simple fact of "does this say 'x'"), I have yet to see a believer do

the same, but you will sit in an echo chamber agreeing how atheists are wrong.

Ahhhh... no big deal for me to have stated that you can call out the theists who are wrong about what is written in the bible the same as someone can call out the atheist who is wrong about what is written in the bible. The thing you said thanks for.

So where are the aboriginals, the native americans from 500+ years ago, the norsemen or south american peoples that ever knew about Christ without someone with a Bible as a starting point?

You mean without a witness to him?

Doesn't have to be the bible.

Once you do know about Him though from whatever witness source, you might go TO Him (as He invites) and then you need NO man to teach you because the Spirit will teach you.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You mean without a witness to him?

Doesn't have to be the bible.

Once you do know about Him though from whatever witness source, you might go TO Him (as He invites) and then you need NO man to teach you because the Spirit will teach you.

What might those sources be? Another person? Guess what their source is about Jesus....the bible. the medium for delivery may not be the same, but the source is the Bible.

• tec
    tec

Again, there was no bible in the first couple centuries. So the witnessing of Christ was done word of mouth. Paul learned from CHRIST, Himself... in Spirit. He was Israel though, and had heard of Christ from others witnessing to Him. But none of that was due to the bible.

So while the bible is the written account of what happened, if there had been no bible, the witnessing could still have been done through word of mouth (as it had been then), and then people learning from the Spirit, Himself. As is what happened THEN.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Again, there was no bible in the first couple centuries.

There was scripture (what's in the bible today). Once all the eye-witnesses died, all they had was that scripture. Today, without that scripture, you can't get to Jesus without the Bible as your source.

As is what happened THEN.

Yes, and there were over 300 different versions of Jesus until a church set down the "rules" with the Bible and scripture. And it's still fragmented and not agreed upon. There was no single, harmonious, church or 100% agreement on whether or not Jesus was raised from the dead.

In any event, TODAY, were it not for the bible, you would not know what you know now about JEsus. It is the source.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

This is about your claim on this thread that atheists often don't know what the bible says,

Actually, this point is irrelevant. There are atheists in cultures not dominated by the bible. Would we say to them that they don't know the bible? Doesn't matter. The atheists on this board happen to know the bible, but perhaps there are Egyptian atheists who know the Koran. Would we treat them as ignorant because they don't know the bible? Silly point. People of all religions have dismissed the majority of gods. Nobody complains that they have not read a particular book about particular gods. It is not necessary to know the bible to be an informed atheist. However, when taking the time to pick such a book apart, there is much to point to that shows there is no evidence for this particular god, and, that this particular god is portrayed as something very different than it's followers want to admit.

Conclusions that there is no evidence for gods can come indepedent of any religious belief.

Christians often don't know what the Koran says. They often don't know what the Book of Mormon says. They often don't know what the Satanic bible says. They often don't know the Zodiac signs and the attributes that go with them. Christians don't have a corner market on the gods, and their particular book is not an authority that all must understand to be taken seriously. But for some reason, they think they have a point in saying (in this case, wrongly) that Atheists don't know what is in the bible.

It actually doesn't matter what is in the bible, because we have concluded there is no evidence that the source that inspired it exists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit